NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Yeah because it was so derivative and didn't have enough time to really explore/have any interesting characters it felt like it should have been a TV show or something...I'd rather have seen in a TV show format, spread out over more episodes to let it gestate, or maybe become something more than lol.

I watched Tangled and Beauty & The Beast for the 1st times this week.

tangled_poster3.jpg

Beauty-and-the-Beast-Wallpapers-5.jpg

Some pretty pictures to make the post look all lovely & pretty.

I loved both of them. Tangled made me tear up by the end. All the characters are so likable. I've pretty much accepted the inescapable face that I'm going to encapsulate Rapunzel's Mother when I age. I loved her though, so I'm fine with that.

I don't really know what to say about B&TB. I mean, it's a classic Disney film -- you sorta know what you're in for. Charming -- very, very charming. And! I watched both in beautiful blue ray which is so wonderful it's like...why would you bother with DVDs?

Keep it in your pants, Danny.

You don't know how he feels about The Matrix yet.

New Prometheus trailer -

More Ridley Scott sci-fi? More Ridley Scott sci-fi.

I cannot bloody wait.

I can't wait.

Too far away. Somebody please freeze me.

I'm going on a media blackout now. I'm already worried that I've seen too much!

Congrats, how do you know?

I have many lists documenting this achievement. :grin: So it is very accurate. :)

I watched The Godfather last night.

thegodfather2.jpg

...I didn't really "get" it...

I'm just kidding it was totally awesome and deserving of all it's praise. :D

They actually have a trailer to announce a trailer? That's almost as stupid as the announcements that there are going to be annoucements.

I actually like the Sci-Fi style in the trailer. I actually hope it's pretty different to Total Recall so I can pretend it's just a similar film and enjoy it without constantly thinking Arnie was so much more awesome.

Is that the same sound designer as transformers? Can someone please fire that person? Out of a cannon? At a brick wall? Three feet away?

Just watched Infernal Affairs. So awesome. It's quick-paced, which is good because I'm impatient and will start predicting the plot if it's too slow, or straight-up stop watching and read the plot on Wikipedia instead >__>;

I was a bit annoyed at the ending, until they showed this quote:

He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell.

Watch it on Netflix!

Looking forward to watching II and III this weekend :)

Ive had the Infernal Affairs trilogy on DVD for years. Bought them after enjoying the Departed but ive only seen the first one so far. I remember really enjoying it, I just never got around to watching the other two.

Sequel to this:

220px-Twins_Poster.jpg

Called Triplets. Starring those two and Eddie Murphy as the third brother.

Certainly an early April Fools.

I want it to be real, though.

Edited by Cube

I want it to be real, though.

Strangely enough so do I...

Is it really going to be an early April Fools? :red:

First Anchorman 2 and now maybe Twins 2. Fuck me.

Day one regardless of quality unless this turns out to be a hoax. I'll see Arnie in anything especially a sequel to one of my fave Arnie films.

True Lies 2 please.

Saw this at gaf, made me chuckle. The Avengers shot looks really cheap.

What you think you look like

zjSkx.jpg

What you really look like

the-avengers-captain-america-chris-evans-image.jpg

They should stop releasing stills of Caps new costume, it always looks bad still.

Let's add some sugar to this tea.

dumbo+ears.jpg

This movie is tragic. I had no reason it was only an hour long. More or less, the film is an hour of humiliating an innocent elephant. It broke my heart.

lady-and-the-tramp.jpg

A cute movie. It wasn't exactly profound but it was fun. My friend & I had a lol making fun of this movie. Maybe, a little too much.

Pinocchio2.jpg

Really, really liked this! It feels amazing. I love how Gepetto is Italian. I love the entire plot. I love how that evil pair of cats are humanised without explanation. The 'Pleasure Island' is so evil and sinister. It gave me the creeps. Especially after reading this article related it to the Illuminati but I won't get into that.

Pok%C3%A9mon_-_Pok%C3%A9mon-_The_First_Movie.jpg

This is interesting. Even though it's been years the film holds up. Putting nostalgia aside this is actually a great film. I want to be part of Team Rocket.

--

The Matrix is actually next on my list, Danny! :p

watching movies.

For someone reason I always find it cute when you watch a film.

/Unintentionally patronising.

Is that your first time you've seen those Disney Films? :)

I've started having five film marathons with my friend which is why there are a few Cronenberg films I've watched this week as well as Woody Allen.

We completed Five Cronenberg Horrors and we are currently doing Five Woody Allen oddities. Up next is FIVE POST 2000 JAPANESE CINEMA

I'll just make a list of what I've watched this week:

Machete (Ethan Maniquis, Robert Rodriguez 2010) The story utter nonsense but if you enjoy highly levels of bloody violence it takes you on a fun but stupid ride. Approach With Caution.

Dead Alive (Peter Jackson, 1992) Blending Gore and a slice of romantic comedy together to create this over the top master piece that never lets up on the laughs or the blood even though it gets down right silly. Recommend.

Shivers (David Cronenberg, 1975) He is feeling the ground in this movie laying some themes that will be better explored in other movies it looks kind of cheap and the plot is just strange but not in an intriguing way. Approach With Caution.

Wonderwall (Joe Massot, 1968) Pervy with a vague message. Approach with Caution

I Don't Know How She Does It. (Douglas McGrath, 2010) Terrible and predictable. Don't Bother.

Rabid (David Cronenberg, 1977) A slight step up from Shivers but actually less fun. Approach With Caution.

Scanners (David Cronenberg, 1981) Amazingly good and bad at the same time. It's got a great ending but the acting through out is poor and often hilarious. Worth A Look.

The Dead Zone (David Cronenberg, 1983) A decent movie that is just a bit monotonous in it's story and in it's pacing. Perfectly fine but not very thrilling. Worth A Look.

Mad Detective (Johnnie To, Ka-Fai Wai, 2007) Brilliant, as the movie goes on you have been so emerged into this characters world that you start to lose sense of who you are. Recommend.

eXistenZ (David Cronenberg, 1999) This is David Cronenberg's craziest screenplay which feels kind of ahead of its time and even though the overall arching plot is nonsense it still has a good general theme of fantasy VS. Reality and if you watch it you won't forget it any time soon as it is rather odd what with the anal belly button licking/probing and tooth guns. Worth A Look

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask. (Woody Allen, 1972) Dated aside from the final segment. Approach With Caution.

The Breakfast Club (John Hughes, 1985) Surprisingly excellent, a great 80s teen movie that is still relevant today bar some cheesiness which I'm willing to brush over since it actually blew me away, I was captivated for its entirety. Recommend.

Interiors (Wood Allen, 1978) The Dialogue feels to clinical and because of this the characters come off as annoying and unrealistic but it still contains a solid dysfunctional family drama that is quite grim. Worth A Look.

Zelig (Woody Allen, 1983) Technically great visual treat that places Woody Allen throughout 1920s-1940s America as a man who is able to adapt to his surroundings and blend in. Presented as a documentary style it is a well thought idea that is perhaps stretched to thin by the end for my liking. Essentially Forrest Gump for winners. Worth A Look.

Just watched Mysterious Skin. Was surprised by the quality of the child acting especially with the content of the film, and also of the "gay" scenes of Joseph Gordon Levitt. Interesting to watch.

Watched the Inbetweeners movie on Friday, shoulda watched it sooner is what i say to that.

Ended up watching J. Edgar on Saturday night, as it was the only thing on at the local cinema.

I found it a bit boring, although Armie Hammer trying to play an old man was hilarious.