NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I’m interested in seeing this as well. I remember the announcement last year, but didn’t upload anything. It’s a great concept that’s probably fun to do periodically, like every 1 or 2 years or so. Then decades later, you have an archive of snapshots in history. More compelling to take in than history books for those of us more visually inclined.

I've been dying to see that movie for ages!!

Is it out in the cinema?! :o

I saw Wall-E whilst in London. Incredible. Such a giggly/snuggly film.

I realise that has probably lost me considerable man points so I may end up watching Conan or Predator or some Arnie film tonight to make up for it... but secretly I'd much rather watch Wall-E again.

Man Points gained.

Wall-e is badass. Pixar is my god. They can do no wrong.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR. :grin:

(stupid films that make me tear up)

I think Dyson should lose man points for waiting so long to watch Wall-E. :blank:

And for describing it as "giggly". THE WHOLE WORLD IS A TRASH HEAP DYSON. THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER, PARTICULARLY FOR A HOOVER LIKE YOU!

Boo. I can't find 'Life in a Day' anywhere near me :( not sure if it was even released here.

Upside? Re-watched 'La Vie en Rose' for the 2nd time. I was on the vurge of tears throughout. Horribly sad movie. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL woman. My little sparrow :love:

I wonder if it's only in VUE cinemas...the big banner ad on Youtube seemed to suggest that.

I wonder if it's only in VUE cinemas...the big banner ad on Youtube seemed to suggest that.

My cinemas (Vue) suggests that it is as well.

Watched Black Swan again last night and loved it more than I did on my first watch. In the words of Paj! or Chairdriver, it was stunning.

Just finished watching The Karate Kid remake. I really enjoyed it. I thought Jaden Smith was very good in the lead role and Jackie Chan is just awesome whatever hes in.

Lol at that pic!!!

Not seen Inception yet. Will have to borrow it.

Watched the Mechanic (Jason Statham) i really enjoyed it. Typical Statham film but at least you know what to expect!

I need Bridesmaids in my life.

Oh, and can anyone recommend me some good thrillers to watch, perhaps with a journalistic/political twist? I've become tired of fruitlessly searching the internet.

Edited by Slaggis

And for describing it as "giggly". THE WHOLE WORLD IS A TRASH HEAP DYSON. THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER, PARTICULARLY FOR A HOOVER LIKE YOU!

I WAS GIDDY WITH JOY AT ALL THE JUNK TO HOOVER!

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I need Bridesmaids in my life.

I need it in my life more.

<3 Kristen Wiig

<3 Rose Byrne

I also really want to see Bridesmaids. Annoyingly I didn't realise what it was so ignored the countless free screening offers that found their way into my inbox.

Although I shoot mental eye daggers at anyone who describes Kristen Wiig as "the next Tina Fey". Because seriously, there can only be one funny and smart woman in the business? No. Don't go there.

Bridesmaids does actually look rather funny.

Slaggis, I would suggest Se7en. That is a brilliant thriller.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really should have written a list of the ones I've seen, but that would have taken countless hours. Salt is a favourite of mine, and I've seen Se7en a number of times now. I watched State of Play a few days back and enjoyed it, but Russel Crowe just lacks something that I can't quite put my finger on. I'm always left not wanting more when watching his performances.

I've had a habit of purchasing everything that's been up for Best Picture for the past few years, and have so far managed to watch everything from '99 upwards. I still fail to understand the praise The Departed recieved. It's a decent film. Nothing more, nothing less.

Salt is a favourite of mine

I would have suggested Unbreakable, but after the above I'm not sure you'd like it. :(

I heard Salt was pretty good (from reliable sources). I need to see it.

Salt was a good film.

You could watch some of the Classics. Pellican Brief springs to mind!