NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Jackson... Don't know how I managed that.

Clearly a Freudian slip.

You're Next

Brilliant. Ignore the awful first 10 minutes and you're in for a brilliant horror/black comedy.

gravity-movie-poster-closeup.jpg?1374687221

Absolutely stunning. Even the 3D. Spectacular. I don't remember the last time I left the cinema so buzzed. Alfonso Cuarón made an appearance before the film started, too. Everything was brilliant.

Saw Now You See Me last night, it was pretty darned good! Exciting from beginning to end, and had us all shouting from the sofa how we thought they did it the whole way. Great film.

Fuuuuck. Yesterday, I watched Mr. Nobody and looooved it. I knew absolutely nothing about it beforehand and only knew of it through a thread that appeared on another forum. Really enjoyed it. Very, very surprised at how there isn't/wasn't a buzz of any kind about it.

Fuuuuck. Yesterday, I watched Mr. Nobody and looooved it.

Great movie, isn't it?

The power of choice, the power of imagination, the power of life and existence.

I remember thinking about those things literally for days after I'd watched Mr Nobody.

Recently I've looked through my Blu-Ray collection trying to figure out which movie I have to experience again.

And then I saw it...

One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen and as soon as I'm in the right mood, I will watch it again.

Also: Perfect Sense

Seen it again a couple of days ago. I ended up as an emotional wreck as always.

Edited by drahkon

Just seen X-Men for the very first time.

Good movie. I enjoyed it. :) But it's obvious that it's from the year 2000 :D

And David Hayter wrote the screenplay...that came as a surprise.

Now I need to see the other four installments of the series (which are already in my possession/ordered).

I like to watch movie and try to watch every weekend last l watched the movie that was really awesome world.war.

thanks

Is Gravity a pretty tense and stressful watch?

Not that I'd mind, just considering films for the right occasion/what I'm in the mood for.

It's the most intense thing I've ever seen and that's exactly what makes it great.

I fucking loved Gravity. So amazingly intense from just a few minutes in. Great visuals, amazing pacing.

A lot of images that remind of babies in the womb I noticed.

Still waiting for the BluRay-release of Gravity.

I'm dying to see it.

Just finished watching The Place Beyond the Pines

Brilliant movie.

I hate that those kinds of movies don't get the recognition they deserve in Germany.

The majority of my fellow fucking Germans only likes naked men/women with photoshopped abs/tits/asses (yes..they do look good), teenage vampires or those lovey-dovey romantics.

I hate my country.

No, go see it in the cinema. It needs to be seen on the biggest screen with the best surround sound you can get. It's immersion helps to really have an impact. Watching it on your TV at home won't be the same.

I implore you.

I saw it without IMAX and liked it so much I want to see it again, but with IMAX.

Don't want to watch it in German. Even if it doesn't have much dialogue (no idea, whether it has). I could see it in English but I'd have to drive about 100km for that...

Also...I don't like going to the cinema. And by that I mean I despise it.

Forgot about this thread...

Went to see Gravity in Imax last weekend. Amazing! Intense all the way through and I'd still do Sandra Bullock

Just seen this appear on my facebook feed

While it looks potentially interesting and well made, I just got this horrid feeling this will lead to an increase in regilous people who think the Bible is historic truth going "see, Noah and the Ark is real, they fit all the animals on the Ark in the film" or similar :heh:

Also, planning to see Gravity on Wednesday...can't wait :)

Saw Gravity at the IMAX in Southampton, my very first IMAX film.

I really enjoyed it. Loved it, even. It's beautifully terrifying. At times, the concept scared the shit out of me. The music is a bit under-rated, I'm surprised we're not seeing/hearing much more noise about that.

I love it in the same way that I love "Moon". There's not an awful lot that happens, but the imagery and sound is more than enough to carry it.

Also...

That moment when she gets into the airlock and takes off the suit. Beautiful.