NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I watched About Time last night, it was pretty good! A bit slow, but still rather lovely.

Bill Weasely was great in it.

Watched Airplane II last night. I think I actually liked it more than the first, mainly due to the sci-fi jokes.

My favourite joke was when Shatner was making fun of a prop with lights that go back and forth which seems to have absolutely no function, as that exact prop later shows up many times in The Next Generation, Voyager and Enterprise. It's never actually used for a purpose, either.

Airplane II is my favourite film ever. That William Shatner scene is gold.

Watch Rush last night and it was absolutely stunning. Regardless of whether you're a fan of Motorsport or even sport itself, you should all check it out. Some fantastic acting and it's a great insight into the mind of a racer, particular back in those days where the chance of death was so much greater.

Bravo, Mr Howard, you've made a stunning film.

I saw the first showing of Rush at my local and I was totally enthralled by it. I went in with high expectations and a critical eye and felt myself becoming totally charmed by it well before the halfway point. Chris Hemsworth was pretty good but Daniel Bruhl was superb, he absolutely needs a few nods come awards season. The whole cast were perfectly cast. Great lines throughout the script and genuinely superb racing sequences. Also, superb sound work, worth seeing in a theatre with a decent system just for that. Even knowing what happens I was on tenterhooks right up until the end.

I've gota couple of free cinema tickets that need to be used up.

Was thinking of going in to see White House Down.

Anyone here see it.... is it worth the cinema trip?

Or is there something new coming in the next 2-3 weeks that I should wait to use these tickets on?

There seems to be massive hype over Gravity, yet the trailers look terrible, and the plot sounds bad.

It's nice to see hype around a science fiction, but I don't understand why it's for Gravity.

I saw Insidious Chapter 2 and whilst not as good as the first, I really enjoyed it. Bring on the third.

There seems to be massive hype over Gravity, yet the trailers look terrible, and the plot sounds bad.

It's nice to see hype around a science fiction, but I don't understand why it's for Gravity.

The trailer was bloody amazing.

1. It's not a science fiction movie, it's a disaster movie in space.

2. It's directed by the same person responsible for Children of Man

3. Early reviews have been overwhelmingly gushingly positive.

4. Shush you.

1. It's not a science fiction movie, it's a disaster movie in space.

So was Europa Report. I'd still call it sci-fi.

Gravity is set in a real location, where people have been. Europa Report is about a currently unfeasible journey to Europa.

Europa Report was an abysmal piece of shit. It's only slight better than Apollo 18. And that was a travesty.

It's real... It's actually happening :) :)

Qn6iryC.jpg

BU78sZFCcAEdjfQ.jpg

Please be good... Please

Never seen the first even though I love Jim Carrey. Should I?

Oh man, yes you must watch the first one, However stay the hell away from 'Dumb and Dumberer' The stupid prequel that had no involvement from the Farrelly brothers.

Terrible terrible film.

Went to see Prisoners last night.

MV5BMTg0NTIzMjQ1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc3MzM5OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Thought it was absolutely fantastic. Great acting throughout from Gyllenhaal (Jackman isn't as good), really gripping story, really dark scenes in it but it built up a great atmosphere. The cinema was completely silent throughout.

Would really recommend seeing it.

Edited by Charlie

(Jackson isn't as good) .

Who?

*initiate Two Ronnies style dialogue*

Who?

*initiate Two Ronnies style dialogue*

Jackson... Don't know how I managed that.

Jackson... Don't know how I managed that.

Hugh?

*you're not doing it right *

Went to the cinema on my own today to see Filth, cos i didn't know anyone who'd want to see it with me. Meant i had to say the sentence "one ticket to see Filth please" at the desk. Cringe. Oh well!

Was totes fun and i loved it. Had a bit of trouble taking James Mcavoy seriously as a police officer at first cos he looks so young. But i got over it. Laughed a bit at his 'modified so that English folks can understand' Scottish accent. hehe.