NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Everyone has to watch Muppets Christmas Carol every year.

Agreed.

It's part of my Christmas Tree tradition, I put up the tree and then watch Muppets Christmas Carol.

Put up the Tree on Monday, then sat down and watched the film with my son and Nephew...they loved it...I think...well they enjoyed the songs and danced a bit :D

Three wishes for Cindarella(Czech 1973) and the Journey to the Christmas Star (Norwegian 1976) are the traditional Christmas movies over here. I only watch the first one though. But every single year for as long as I can remember.

I have watched Nightmare before Christmas a few times, but it's nothing I want to watch every single year.

Muppet Christmas Carol is superb. One of my most treasured VHS!

@Tales I love hearing about the traditions in other countries. Even though it's fast approaching I've not asked anyone about the AUS traditions (I will do over the next few days). All I know is that there's a semi-fad every year for celebrating 'Christmas in July' but all that really results in is mince pies being on offer more often through the year -- which is always a good thing.

Guillermo del Toro's latest film.

You may recognise one of the voices - it's Ellen McLain.

Well that look pretty good! Albeit ridiculous. But that's how i like my films.

I had no idea who Ellen McLain was, until she started talking. Does she always sound like that then?

I think the only Christmas movies I watch almost every year are Home Alone 2 and Love Actually... Usually because our channels love airing those two :heh:But really, I do like Love Actually.

I think the only Christmas movies I watch almost every year are Home Alone 2 and Love Actually... Usually because our channels love airing those two :heh:But really, I do like Love Actually.

I Lurrrrrve Love Actually. I watched it yesterday in a room full of friends.

I feel all Christmassy and warm and fuzzy and Christmassy a bit more. It's a great film.

Also, Home Alone 1 and 2 are bitchin' films. So many great moments in it.

Also, Home Alone 1 and 2 are bitchin' films. So many great moments in it.

This scene always convinces me to sit down for it.

I prefer watching Christmas episodes of TV shows over Christmas movies, particularly Frasier.

Premium_Rush-Cover.jpeg

Basic plot: Joseph Gordon-Levitt racing around New York on a bike (apparently doing some of the students). Not the most complex film ever made, but an enjoyable chase film.

Makes me want a bike again (and to live in New York).

Did amuse me when one of the messengers got cut up by a cab so she took off her chain, whipped the mirror off and said "if you're not going to use it, don't have it". Oh how I want to do that.

Muppet Christmas Carol is superb. One of my most treasured VHS!

@Tales I love hearing about the traditions in other countries. Even though it's fast approaching I've not asked anyone about the AUS traditions (I will do over the next few days). All I know is that there's a semi-fad every year for celebrating 'Christmas in July' but all that really results in is mince pies being on offer more often through the year -- which is always a good thing.

This is your first Xmas down there isn't it? Is it weird that it is December but not cold? I'd imagine it would freak me out a bit celebrating Christmas I BBQ weather.

Back on topic.... you think they would ever release Muppets Christmas Carol on BluRay? I would LOVE that so much.

This is your first Xmas down there isn't it? Is it weird that it is December but not cold? I'd imagine it would freak me out a bit celebrating Christmas I BBQ weather.

It was july and it was fairly chilly... after 10 months you kinda get used to it -- but yeah it doesn't really feel like xmas due to the 35 degree weather... I'm heading home tomorrow though so no xmas bbq for me!

Saw Rise Of The Guardians - I thoroughly enjoyed but I felt frustrated by it after. The animation and design is wonderful, the characters well cast and the story effective enough. What bothers me is that it came so close to being a truly great movie but stepped back from it. Even a little more examination into the tragic, heroic pasts of the characters or any attempt to discuss what exactly the villain does and why could have easily catapulted it from being effective Xmas fodder into one of the all time great family films. The ingredients were all sitting there but for some reason it chose not to use them. I feel like what I saw was merely good when it could have been something truly special.

So is this a Hollywood take on Gundam or Evangelion?

I recently watched Twilight breaking dawn part II and i find it the best movie of the series so far and i wish to watch more movies of this series but it all finished but i always missed the new one.but Kristen and robert have done a great job and jack is also best.

Well if there's one thing we can all agree on, it is that jack is also best.

Was on the Radio again (2fm in Ireland) today :D

They asked people to text in what their fav Xmas film was, I texted in Muppets Christmas Carole (of course) and they called me back asking if I'd go on air to talk with teh DJ, (Colm Hayes)

They just upped the podcast of the show, you can have a listen HERE

My bit starts at 3mins : peace:

Nicolas Cage is in it?

He gets in everything now a days doesn't he? Ha.

Was on the Radio again (2fm in Ireland) today :D

They asked people to text in what their fav Xmas film was, I texted in Muppets Christmas Carole (of course) and they called me back asking if I'd go on air to talk with teh DJ, (Colm Hayes)

They just upped the podcast of the show, you can have a listen HERE

My bit starts at 3mins : peace:

What was it that he has given you? I couldn't quite make it out.

My christmas film is Jingle All the Way! Love that film, watched it again the other day

What was it that he has given you? I couldn't quite make it out.

My christmas film is Jingle All the Way! Love that film, watched it again the other day

DVD(s) of one of RTÉ's shows, "Republic of Telly", it's a comedy show made of bunch of satiarical sketches

Was hopin he'd give me the 3 season boxset of Love/Hate (another RTÉ show)...maybe I should have asked :heh:

Life of Pi.

Ang Lee fucking nailed it. Amazing. Except for one scene in particular, just an amazing adaptation. Incredibly beautiful.

8/10.

Ooh that's pretty cool @Mokong X\-C , I used to listen to that show on my way to school a few years ago. Which is pretty ironic because I lived really near him for a while and he'd often walk around with his daughter (:

Finally got around to watching the new Spider-man.

I really liked it. I was a bit miffed when it was first announced and didn't quite understand why they would want to do a reboot of a film that hadn't really been out that long. But it works and I much prefer it to the other one(s) if I'm honest.

One thing I found funny was that on one street there was so many buildings that were having work done that needed cranes on their roofs. Amazing construction rate, whoever runs the company that owns those cranes must be making a mint just off that one street... :P

I shall now look forward to the sequels and will probably go to the cinema to see them now.