NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

pixar-up-house-balloons-single1.jpg

Only saw it for the first time just a second ago.

Unbelievable.

It's too good. Has way too many dimensions and way too much beauty for a single animated film (/any film).

Feels.

Aliens is blatantly the best one followed by Aliens and then Resurrection and then 3. That's my order anyways, I could easily watch Aliens again. :D

You mean Alien (the first one) is the best one, I take it? :)

I agree 100 %.

I just watched Trees Lounge directed, written and starring Steve Buscemi. Excellent film, truly enjoyed watching it.

I just watched Trees Lounge directed, written and starring Steve Buscemi. Excellent film, truly enjoyed watching it.

Oh my god. I need to watch this.

One day, when you least expect it, I will shit on you.

EAT MY PUSSY!

Alien Resurrection makes me want to abort myself. The script work is particularly awful. Also, I know the Director's Cut of Alien3 (well, not Fincher's cut, but the extended version I mean) does have some shoddy production values at times (in the extended scenes, especially with the audio), the film itself is so severely under-rated. I loved the gothic feel of the film. A large part of the film is focused on the theme of redemption, which is why I loved the prisoner characters. It had an extraordinary end of the world feel to it.

Also, Dancer in the Dark...is it one standalone, or is it part of a series? Can I just watch it by itself, or is it better to watch the other films beforehand?

Also, Dancer in the Dark...is it one standalone, or is it part of a series? Can I just watch it by itself, or is it better to watch the other films beforehand?

No it's fine to watch as a Standalone film. :) I haven't watched the others yet and they were made before this one what links them is that Lars Von Trier has the three films Breaking Waves, The Idiots and Dancer in the Dark put together in his Golden Hearts Trilogy as in his own words they contain the theme of "good women overwhelmed by a bad world”.

Though I'm sure the other two films are (hopefully) also good/worth watching as well I don't think it wholly matters. :D

You mean Alien (the first one) is the best one, I take it? :)

I agree 100 %.

Sorry about that, I meant AlienS is the best one. Basically: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

==

Saw Avengers Assemble two days ago. Best film of 2012 for me. Absolutely adored it!

No it's fine to watch as a Standalone film. :) I haven't watched the others yet and they were made before this one what links them is that Lars Von Trier has the three films Breaking Waves, The Idiots and Dancer in the Dark put together in his Golden Hearts Trilogy as in his own words they contain the theme of "good women overwhelmed by a bad world”.

Though I'm sure the other two films are (hopefully) also good/worth watching as well I don't think it wholly matters. :D

Lars Von Tirer works in thematic trilogies, they aren't connected story-wise. The Golden Hearts trilogy is kinda...self-explanatory, and really his most gut-wrenchingly affecting work, IMO.

Breaking The Waves and Dancer In The Dark > The Idiots for me, but they're all brilliant. I really want to watch Breaking The Waves again...seen DitD tonnes.

Saw Avengers Assemble two days ago. Best film of 2012 for me. Absolutely adored it!

Good man! But shame on you for leaving it so long!!

Good man! But shame on you for leaving it so long!!

I know, I know but it's definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen. Just loved it. I loved it that much I don't want there to be a sequel! Although I do! I have mixed feelings on a sequel! :(

Project X - You heard me sugar tits, just make sure you wear something tight/10

Now thats a party.

Just watched KILL BILL.

It was..my god ~ perfect. Tarantino is such a genius. It's how I wish most things were -- the perfect balance of, "this is serious shit" and "lol, let's joke". The camera work is just genius. *groan*

7037.jpg

Too iconic. Lucy Liu ... lurve.

Watch Part 2!

To me neither one feels like a standalone film...a proper case of the sequel being necessary.

Ah, my movie-obsessed friend told me that Tarantino originally planned it to be just a single movie but due to the length etc. it was split ~ so I just see it as one movie. Should've said I watched both, they were equal in greatness. Asiantastic too.

I love films with chapters. I recall Breaking The Waves had chapters too. Si bon.

Don't they plan on releasing it as a single film at some point?

I was watching Batman Begins this evening (to get in the mood for DKR) and look who popped up?! King Joffrey himself!

343rhoz.png

I heard there's going to be a Kill Bill 3. Wouldn't know if that's true but as much as I love Kill Bill, I hope not! Volumes 1 and 2 are perfect and it would have been awesome if it was made into one long movie.

it would have been awesome if it was made into one long movie.

As in Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair, which has been announced and shown at some festivals but no recent news on a disc release?

Second time I've had the misfortune of seeing the Magic Mike trailer.

Gotta be a contender for worst movie ever!

The poor misunderstood stripper! Life's a real bitch to some people isn't it. :cry:

:rolleyes:

Seems they've changed the look of Leon and Ada to fit with Resident Evil 6, and the BSAA are in it.

Also............................ Ashley!

I was watching Batman Begins this evening (to get in the mood for DKR) and look who popped up?! King Joffrey himself!

343rhoz.png

Batman should have killed the little prick before he becomes King :mad::heh:

Also............................ Ashley!

What can I do for you?

Here's a plot synopsis for the film: "In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity's escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind's new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai's craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance."

I hate the fact they [continue to] use Facebook to tell that timeline of events into the future.

If they're looking back on a timeline of events it should be on some futuristic device.

Looking forward to a proper trailer for this! :D