NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

indie-game-the-movie-poster.jpg

Went to a screening of this today. Was pretty awesome and a great character piece.

Much better than the last video game documentary I saw, the deplorable King of Kong.

DANCER IN THE DARK

bjork.jpg

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Haunting.

Instantly into my favourite movies. :grin:

indie-game-the-movie-poster.jpg

Went to a screening of this today. Was pretty awesome and a great character piece.

Much better than the last video game documentary I saw, the deplorable King of Kong.

I can't believe you actually got to go to a screening! What's up with King of Kongs, firstly huge Donkey Kong love. Also sure they manufactured certain things for the documentary and it was clearly cut and filmed in such a way to make Billy Mitchell the villain of the peace but hell you have to be pretty naive (I'm not saying you are mean it in the sense) to not realise this happens in documentaries a hell of a lot.

They were both hugely detestable arseholes. I've seen stock villains with more redeeming features than either of them. I don't think I even made it through 30 minutes of that.

Big fan of Celebrity Juice...

... but honestly half a second of the lovely Fearne Cotton was the best thing about that trailer.

Edited by Retro_Link

I saw that trailer in the cinema just now and I wanted to end my life right there and then.

/not dramatic enough.

:p

Big fan of Celebrity Juice...

... but honestly half a second of the lovely Fearne Cotton was the best thing about that trailer.

No. 1.17-1.22 is easily the best part about that trailer, you complete bastard, ya! lmao. Just because of that part, I want to see the movie...and I do like Keith Lemon so I think it could be funny.

So I had myself a bit of an Alien marathon for the past couple of days. So yesterday I watched Alien 3 and it's absolutely shockingly terrible. I didn't think it was that bad but it really is. Worst script, worst acting, worst story and just horrible characters. Dreadful and I'm happy I got it out of the way.

Onto Alien: Resurrection which is equally as bad but it knows it is so it was a little fun. Again, everything was absolutely terrible and I literally facepalmed when I saw Ripley and everything was explained. At that scene, I literally said "Oh Ripley, what have they done to you?!". Terrible movie but a couple of fun moments. Just hilariously bad.

After that, I saw Prometheus and I liked it. I don't think it was as sensational as everybody's making it out to be but it was a good film. Definitely an Alien prequel and a bloody good one at that. I just hated all of the characters but David and it didn't exactly have me hooked until an hour into the movie. The last thirty minutes is the best part of the movie and a certain other scene (can't say because of spoilers but it was very graphic...you may know from that, lmao). Yeah, it was okay. Doubt I'd watch it again any time soon, mind.

Yeah ok that bit was alright... "Thanks I'll run from here" :p

Kelly Brook is so... *yawn*

Yeah Alien 3 is terrible, I tried to watch it a while ago, but I just couldn't watch until the end; had to give up because it was just so boringly awful.

Ressurection was just about alright on the first viewing, but when it's been on TV since I just can't.

Really want to see Prometheus, but might just have to see it on DVD now, they're pretty much only showing it in 3D at the cinema.

CosmopolisPoster2.jpg

Cosmopolis - David Cronenberg | 2012

The film takes place mostly in a Limo and follows Eric Packer travelling up town to get a haircut. The whole film leaves you uncaring towards the characters and gives off a great sense of alienation, the atmosphere of the movie is unsettling and the majority of the cast only appears once, which is adds to the odd feeling it creates, in that sense it is good. The rest I have got to make my mind up on.

This dialogue heavy movie was very cronenbergesque and has stuck in my mind hours after watching but that is because I'm unsure whether it was all flash and no substance or whether what the characters were saying had any gravitas to it. I feel it was thoughtfully directed and whilst Robert Pattinson isn't that great he is well suited for the role he plays here. It's definitely worth a look and possibly a re-watch is in order to get some more of the under lying themes. It has an ironic humour to it that didn't resonate with me personally but I'm still unsure whether it fell flat as a whole.

Intriguing film that has a slick style but perhaps goes about what it wants to say in a too broader fashion, it has too much to say and ultimately says nothing important. I wasn't bored though and it's certainly worth a look.

Yeah ok that bit was alright... "Thanks I'll run from here" :p

Kelly Brook is so... *yawn*

Yeah Alien 3 is terrible, I tried to watch it a while ago, but I just couldn't watch until the end; had to give up because it was just so boringly awful.

Ressurection was just about alright on the first viewing, but when it's been on TV since I just can't.

Really want to see Prometheus, but might just have to see it on DVD now, they're pretty much only showing it in 3D at the cinema.

Prometheus really doesn't deserve all that hype it got. It was a good movie, that was it. Didn't find it spectacular or anything like that but it was cool enough.

It should still be in 2D in the cinemas. It is in the Vue if that's anywhere near where you are. Also, to be honest with you and I know I'll be in the minority here, I would have preferred watching it at home. I usually do with movies like that for some reason. When I saw Inception, I wanted to watch it at home more and enjoyed it more at home.

I'm a total weirdo like that, haha. There are a few movies I love seeing at the cinemas but I wanted to watch Prometheus at home. Weird!

Melancholia

Exalt-melancholia.jpg

While the credits were rolling I sat there...in awe, in silence, in pain, in happiness, in love, in fear, in life, in death. [/Paj!]

My girlfriend's response to the movie: "Boring." Now we're both single. :blank:

Just kidding.

The Fall

eee431a880af48847e75186fad14961f.jpg

There are so many word's to describe this movie. Too many. If I had to use only one, it would be: beautiful

I thought Alien 3 was massively better than Alien Resurrection. It was much more like the previous movies. With all the special effect power they had for Resurrection, there were only 3 aliens that did anything. And the alien being stuck to the guy's foot? He was barely on him at all. The entire film was ridiculous. Especially that abomination at the end with the "birth" alien.

I thought that 3 and Resurrection were better than the first.

I found Resurrection a heck of a lot more fun but I really hated that ending with that freaky baby alien. I also didn't like the whole Ripley thing. It would have been better as a trilogy, really. But yeah, out of all of them, Aliens is blatantly the best one followed by Aliens and then Resurrection and then 3. That's my order anyways, I could easily watch Aliens again. :D

Aliens is blatantly the best one followed by Aliens

Their first album was better than their first album. :heh:

I don't get the hate for Alien3 I enjoyed it?

I watched Alien the other day from my DVD boxset (need to find a reason to get rid of it and get the bluray set :heh:) and watched the 2003 Directors Cut version on it.... can't actually remember the last time I watched the cinema versions of any as I always only watch the Directors Cut or Special Edition versions on the DVD's

Still love Alien and the Space Jockey bit seemed different but in a good way now :)

The end when Ripley is in the escape shuttle with the Alien and trying to open the airlock repeating to herslef "you are my lucky star" over and over still freaks me out and makes me nervous.

Though there was one thing about thsi scene that I only realised now.... when the Alien first reveals itself to be hiding in the shuttle, I never thought of this before but why does it take the Alien so long to get out? Never questioned this before as I was always thinking about how terrified Ripley must be.

Is it asleep or something till the it gets hit by the steam/gas and then it wakes up and before that it was just moving in its sleep or something?

Plan to watch the other 3 soon, maybe Friday when the football takes a break til the final :)

But yeah my order from "worst" to "best" of the Alien films would be - Resurection, Alien3, Alien and of course top of the pile is Aliens... looking forward to rewatching that soon

I don't get the hate for Alien3 I enjoyed it?

I watched Alien the other day from my DVD boxset (need to find a reason to get rid of it and get the bluray set :heh:) and watched the 2003 Directors Cut version on it.... can't actually remember the last time I watched the cinema versions of any as I always only watch the Directors Cut or Special Edition versions on the DVD's

Still love Alien and the Space Jockey bit seemed different but in a good way now :)

The end when Ripley is in the escape shuttle with the Alien and trying to open the airlock repeating to herslef "you are my lucky star" over and over still freaks me out and makes me nervous.

Though there was one thing about thsi scene that I only realised now.... when the Alien first reveals itself to be hiding in the shuttle, I never thought of this before but why does it take the Alien so long to get out? Never questioned this before as I was always thinking about how terrified Ripley must be.

Is it asleep or something till the it gets hit by the steam/gas and then it wakes up and before that it was just moving in its sleep or something?

Plan to watch the other 3 soon, maybe Friday when the football takes a break til the final :)

But yeah my order from "worst" to "best" of the Alien films would be - Resurection, Alien3, Alien and of course top of the pile is Aliens... looking forward to rewatching that soon

I think it's meant to be stuck and injured because of the blast.

earlymarvel1.JPG

earlymarvel4.JPG

earlymarvel3.JPG

and the biggie -

earlymarvel2.JPG

Early Logo Designs For MARVEL'S "Phase 2" Movies Leak

Badtaste.it attended a Disney convention with John Lasseter today in Riccione Italy and managed to get snaps of some logos for the likes of Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America 2 and yes, Avengers 2!..

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

I'm really glad actually that they're not using the title The Avengers over here in the UK, because it means they're actually going to have to think of decent solo titles for the films, instead of just sticking a number on the end!

Numbers are rubbish, I'd much rather movies and games got proper story/chapter titles.

... it's gonna be called Avengers Assemble 2 isn't it! :p

or Avengers Assembled, Avengers Assemble Again.

Watched 3 films whilst I was in America.

Brave

594vabravealbum.jpg

Liked it a lot more than I thought I would, fairly decent story Pixar and some funny moments. Probably shouldn't have watched it at Downtown Disney too many kids who couldn't keep quiet.

Madagascar 3

mv5bmtm2mtiznzk2mf5bml5.jpg

Funny film, not much else to say.

That's My Boy

mv5bmtm3ndmynzgzmv5bml5.jpg

Surprisingly hilarious, one of my favourite Adam Sandler movies. Just too good, I'll probably go see this again when it's out here. Who knew Vanilla Ice would turn out to be funny.

Part of me wants to see That's My Boy because Andy Samberg is amazing but Adam Sandler makes me want to stab myself.

I thought that 3 and Resurrection were better than the first.

One day, when you least expect it, I will shit on you.

That's My Boy

mv5bmtm3ndmynzgzmv5bml5.jpg

Surprisingly hilarious, one of my favourite Adam Sandler movies. Just too good, I'll probably go see this again when it's out here. Who knew Vanilla Ice would turn out to be funny.

I SWEAR without being over the top, or too 'Paj!'-y, That's My Boy is the worst film I've ever seen (in the cinema)/(intended for mass release and exposure). Actually a foul abomination of a 'funny film'. Crass, unfunny, with completely unlikeable or relatable characters or situations. bad plotting, acting, everything. Gross 'humour' without it being, yknow....funny. Jesus. My friend and I felt kinda numb after that film. Thankfully we didn't pay for it, it was a test screening (obviously worried it was shit in the first place).

CHRIST. Sorry. Atrocious. And what was Ciara (Kween of Krunk) doing there? Ugh!! It was so...! Never. Never do it. My mouth was dry and my head sore from being so ABUSED by what I saw. I'm actually still angry, and I saw it like...4 months ago.

[[ They may well have re-edited it for general release, I am aware, but the film I saw was 'finished', no tinkering could save it really. I saw the redband trailer and it looked pretty much the same. ]]

Edited by Paj!

One day, when you least expect it, I will shit on you.

I fully put the blame on knowing details on every single aspect of the first film before I watched it. Plus I saw the other three first.

I SWEAR without being over the top, or too 'Paj!'-y, That's My Boy is the worst film I've ever seen (in the cinema)/(intended for mass release and exposure). Actually a foul abomination of a 'funny film'. Crass, unfunny, with completely unlikeable or relatable characters or situations. bad plotting, acting, everything. Gross 'humour' without it being, yknow....funny. Jesus. My friend and I felt kinda numb after that film. Thankfully we didn't pay for it, it was a test screening (obviously worried it was shit in the first place).

CHRIST. Sorry. Atrocious. And what was Ciara (Kween of Krunk) doing there? Ugh!! It was so...! Never. Never do it. My mouth was dry and my head sore from being so ABUSED by what I saw. I'm actually still angry, and I saw it like...4 months ago.

[[ They may well have re-edited it for general release, I am aware, but the film I saw was 'finished', no tinkering could save it really. I saw the redband trailer and it looked pretty much the same. ]]

It's ok, you're broken.