NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I watched that yesterday, Coolness :)

I thought it was great. Right at the end when he says shut up crime again. Brilliant.

I just watched Tangled. A lovely film - very enjoyable as expected. I felt if they could've made something stunning out of the mother as a character, but then for the sake of the film being what it was, I understood.

But yes, all-round a great-un. Both Rapunzel and Flynn were very likeable characters, and both had laugh out loud moments abounding. Felt really sad at the obvious sad bits, but moreso than I probably would have normally maybe - a friend of the family just had a really traumatic late miscarriage / baby funeral so it's on my mind.

I watched that yesterday, Coolness :)

I thought it was great. Right at the end when he says shut up crime again. Brilliant.

Yeah I loved the dark humour in it. :D It was quite surprising at times!

wanted a better ending but whatever. I felt like they went that far why not go all the way. :)

Ellen Page stole the film. :)

OMG YES SHE WAS SO GOOD!!

tumblr_llkixi2J7z1qeyxlro1_400.gif

Just watched this,

[HANNA]

Was a little half baked but I thought it was fantastic. Saoirse Ronan is phenomenal. She really makes the film. Very promising actress.

I loved. It felt like it could have been directed by me and Paj. So many joke elements, and overbearing imagery.

I loved. It felt like it could have been directed by me and Paj. So many joke elements, and overbearing imagery.

Yes. Felt like a great comic, where the imagery and symbolism needs to be slightly more visually direct or else it would be missed. I love fairytales/the classic heroine being dealt with in the manner it was.

I would be happy in my life to have made it.

I need you to tell me where I can reblog that from.

Sorry I tried to find it again but I couldn't get to the source. :)

Argggh! I have a list of Half eaten movies that need to get munched and it keeps getting bigger not smaller. My concentration and memory is so awful I will watch half a film, then forget I ever watched it and go onto the next!

Stumbled upon a movie called Beyond A Reasonable Doubt with Michael Douglas on TV tonight. Terribly disappointing. The premise was interesting, if perhaps a bit farfetched, and it worked really well to begin with, but then the ending was extremely anticlimactic, and it turns out that was so they could shoehorn in a pointless and moronic twist ending that made close to no sense and just robbed the entire film of what good it actually had managed to establish.

I don't know if it's been posted before but here's the first trailer for the movie Battleship - yes based on the game.

I burst out laughing when they tried to "explain" the limited battlefield.

I like how there are two actors from Friday Night Lights in that movie. I'm not sure how you go from that to this monstrosity.

I had done a facepalm when watching this movie. It just shows how much Hollywood are running out of ideas. I mean, what next, Monopoly?

I had done a facepalm when watching this movie. It just shows how much Hollywood are running out of ideas. I mean, what next, Monopoly?

Isn't Ridley Scott making a Monopoly movie?

.......wait, for real? Tell me you're kidding me......how....I mean....how is it going to work?

Fuck that. What we really, really want is a Forum/Paper Telephone. Transferred onto the silver screen.

You seem to be mistaken. What we really want is Gentleman's mafia, I and II on the big screen.