NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

51941 03571947109?

FINAL DESTINATION?

I win, right?....right?

Anyways, what do you think of this trailer, guys? I thought it was quite funny. I must admit, I'm looking forward to watching this a little bit.

1C3 463?

Actually really enjoyed that trailer. Not sure I saw all of Ice Age 2, didn't see Ice Age 3, probably won't see this one at the cinema either... but if they're on TV sometime.

1C3 463?

Actually really enjoyed that trailer. Not sure I saw all of Ice Age 2, didn't see Ice Age 3, probably won't see this one at the cinema either... but if they're on TV sometime.

Nah, it would be 153 493 surely?

I like Scrat, he's an awesome non-speaking character! I loved the first movie, liked The Meltdown and enjoyed Dawn of the Dinosaurs so maybe this one will be alright.

51941 03571947109?

FINAL DESTINATION?

I win, right?....right?

Anyways, what do you think of this trailer, guys? I thought it was quite funny. I must admit, I'm looking forward to watching this a little bit.

That's far too entertaining. There's no way the actual movie can live up to that. :heh:

Is anyone planning to see Water for Elephants? Well, don't.

Personally I am extremely annoyed by the trailer that shows up on almost every video I try to watch on YouTube. I also read the plot on Wikipedia and it just seems...terrible :hmm:

I started to watch All About Lily Chou-Chou (リリイ・シュシュのすべて, 2001), but stopped because I have work to do. It's strange, I still don't know what the plot is 1/3 of the way through, but I like it. It flows well, and the typing sequences are eerie. Has anyone seen it?

Saw Fast & Furious 5 yesterday. Was awesome. Dwayne Johnson is huge and he was the best thing in the film.

The whole last bit of the film was ridiculous. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I loved. Probably my favourite non-Pixar computer animated film.

I'd say Rango I prefer Rango a little more.

And I fucking LOVE Ice Age.

My favourite 3D animation apart from Pixar films would be Final Fantasy: Spirits within.

I can't believe to this date there hasn't been another "serious" 3D animation. It's either a bunch of animals, or it's Pixar. I love Pixar, but I sometimes want something else, something which.. What is it, Fox? And especially Dreamworks, aren't providing. And no, I don't consider the likes of Beowulf 3D animation.

My favourite 3D animation apart from Pixar films would be Final Fantasy: Spirits within.

I can't believe to this date there hasn't been another "serious" 3D animation. It's either a bunch of animals, or it's Pixar. I love Pixar, but I sometimes want something else, something which.. What is it, Fox? And especially Dreamworks, aren't providing. And no, I don't consider the likes of Beowulf 3D animation.

Beowulf is awful, it's serious and well done visually, but I recall watching it in the cinema and continually asking what the heck would they do that for.

There is a couple of serious animations out there, I recently watched a lovely french one I can't recall the name of.

There's the Resident Evil animation.

Haven't seen that, but I'm interested. But this didn't get a theatrical release. I can't name 1 other apart from Beowulf.

Beowulf is awful, it's serious and well done visually, but I recall watching it in the cinema and continually asking what the heck would they do that for.

Personally I can't watch it at all, or at least not a few years back. I'm far more forgiving when it comes to animation in videogames obviously, or fast SFX in live-action films. I think the big issue to me is when I watch mo-capped facial animation on TV or the big screen. But even that gets better every time.. Some games do it well, but again, I set a lower standard for videogames, since it works in a lower poly environment probably.

There is a couple of serious animations out there, I recently watched a lovely french one I can't recall the name of.

I was (we were?) talking about 3D animation specifically, I'm haven't kept up with French 3D animation, I recall Kaena which was nice but had its flaws.

If we're talking 2D then obviously there are more options. Perhaps you're thinking of the new Sylvain Chomet, which I haven't seen yet.

I was actually talking of 3d specifically, otherwise it'd be easier to find. :)

What about Mary and Max...

A fantastic movie, I truly recommend this.

Is anyone planning to see Water for Elephants? Well, don't.

I wasn't going to watch the movie because the one thing that I hate is circuses that include animals. After watching that, I'm not going to see the movie.

I should be watching Fast and Furious 5: Rio Heist tonight. I've been watching the movies over the past couple of days considering I barely remember the sequels and surprisingly, I thought the fourth is better than them all so maybe five will be better...

What about Mary and Max...

[..]

Haha, it is 3D.. But I don't consider it when I talk about 3D animation ;). Perhaps I should be more clear about that :D. I haven't seen it by the way, but it's supposed to be very good.

Anyway, I like animation in general, whether it be 2D, 3D, or stop motion, although I prefer 2D I think.

Perhaps it's getting a bit off-topic, but on the topic of 3D animation that doesn't feature "funny" animals, I'd like to show people a short by someone from Pixar.

[Alma] (to bad I can't embed vimeo)

More charm than anything Dreamworks has ever made, and I'd like to see more of this.

Haha, it is 3D.. But I don't consider it when I talk about 3D animation ;). Perhaps I should be more clear about that :D. I haven't seen it by the way, but it's supposed to be very good.

Anyway, I like animation in general, whether it be 2D, 3D, or stop motion, although I prefer 2D I think.

Perhaps it's getting a bit off-topic, but on the topic of 3D animation that doesn't feature "funny" animals, I'd like to show people a short by someone from Pixar.

[Alma] (to bad I can't embed vimeo)

More charm than anything Dreamworks has ever made, and I'd like to see more of this.

I find it a shame that people keep comparing Pixar to DreamWorks when they're obviously not trying to do the same thing.

Huh? The visuals was so badly done that I saw a short clip of it and wanted to puke.

Although, thinking back, that may have been because the faces looked too well done. I've just decided to call the problem Creepy Face Syndrome. LA Noire also suffers from it.

Edited by Cube

Anyone like Child's Play?

Yup, I like all of the Chucky movies.

Also, I agree with what nightwolf said about Beowulf, I didn't like it either.

I like this explanation of the uncanny valley. It has examples!

Also, the discussion about non-cartoony animated movies reminded me that I still hadn't watched Tangled, so I decided to change that. I really enjoyed it. :smile:

Huh? The visuals was so badly done that I saw a short clip of it and wanted to puke.

Although, thinking back, that may have been because the faces looked too well done. I've just decided to call the problem Creepy Face Syndrome. LA Noire also suffers from it.

From what I recall I found it quite good, I think the beasts were done badly, but I think the environments were pretty good.

Then again, I watched it when it was in the cinema and never looked at it again, so I could be completely wrong.

Watched Blue Valentine on monday night. Was left feeling rather indifferent to it. Perhaps it was as a result of having not had any sleep the previous night but it didn't grab me, be it the plot, characters or acting.

I think another viewing is definitely in order to give it a proper chance. Was so damned tired I probably switched off too much. Although watching the trailers before the movie, I'm looking forward to watching Biutiful next week as it looks great.

Anyone like Child's Play?

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna plaaaay?

Seen the three original films when I was much younger. I enjoyed them. :heh:

I like this explanation of the uncanny valley. It has examples!

Also, the discussion about non-cartoony animated movies reminded me that I still hadn't watched Tangled, so I decided to change that. I really enjoyed it. :smile:

Sure, but my link doesn't give people horrible, horrible nightmares! :shakehead

Also, you totally need to watch Tangled. Don't trust the trailers. It is completely different. It's Disney back to their golden days.

Also, you totally need to watch Tangled. Don't trust the trailers. It is completely different. It's Disney back to their golden days.

... I just said I really enjoyed it?

But yeah, it was great. Miles better than The Princess and the Frog. :indeed: