NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Ended up watching Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind and the king's speech, both are brilliant, king's speech I loved more imo.

While I hold Anchorman above Superbad. I don't think either were that great.

Watched the majority (not all so will of course hold off full judgement) of Predator for the first time today.

Eh. Knew it wasn't anywhere near Alien/s (from what I'd heard), but other than the "lolz" factor at various elements, felt a bit *shrug*.

Watched Mulan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame today. Have massive love for both of them. I'll Make A Man Out Of You and Hellfire have to be some of the best Disney songs ever. However, Hellfire has that much more epicness to it, especially the animation during the song.

Watched the majority (not all so will of course hold off full judgement) of Predator for the first time today.

Eh. Knew it wasn't anywhere near Alien/s (from what I'd heard), but other than the "lolz" factor at various elements, felt a bit *shrug*.

I'd slap you round the chops if I could reach.

Hadn't seem it in a few years so, last night, I decided to watch Million Dollar Baby. Absolutely loved the film the first, and only time I saw it a few years back, and still love it know. The acting is superb all around and it's just directed beautifully. The ending, as inevitable as it seems, is a real heartwrencher and closes the book on a brilliant film.

Only qualm I have with it is that I wish I didn't have to listen to it at twice the volume I normally have to watch films purely because Eastwood and Freeman are so damned difficult to hear at times. Not really an issue but does make the sound a little uneven at times.

And today, I went to see Hanna. Needed a break from revision and I've been waiting to see this film since I saw the trailer back in January. And I loved it. May make a thread for it later but it was really good, and the Chemical Brothers soundtrack was excellent.

As was the trailer for Captain America. Can't wait to see that. The new Transformers film on the other hand... using the Apollo 11 moon landing to spearhead the next movie... :nono: yeah, no thanks.

Just seen Thor

Thor 3D - 8.5/10

Best Marvel movie to date imo. Great amount of humour, action and great special effects. Chris Hemsworth was born to play Thor.

I read that as Tron. Thought you had gone on to say Tron was the best Marvel film to date. I was uber confused :(

I just watched a weird film I'd never heard about before.

Nurse Betty.

Has Renée Zellweger, Morgan Freeman and Chris Rock. At first I thought it was a romantic comedy or something. Then it seemed like a bit of a thriller/crime film. Then it turned into something weird. So I don't know what it was haha.

But it was decent. Gave me a few chuckles and a few wtf moments ('cause of the weirdness of it all and me not knowing what to expect in this film).

Anyone seen Megamind?

I saw it a couple days ago and thought it was absolutely brilliant. A gem of an animated film.

tumblr_lk73sktNnl1qik9sfo1_500.gif

I saw megamind a while back, initally I was a bit wary as I'm a bit of a animated film snob after being at university. But I loved it. It's done so well.

Just come back from watching Thor, very surprised, I really liked it. There isn't much more to say than that. :)

I'm hoping Captain america is good, then there's x-men and pirates of the Caribbean, so much stuff to watch soon!

The new Transformers film on the other hand... using the Apollo 11 moon landing to spearhead the next movie... :nono: yeah, no thanks.

How do you mean?

Final Destination 5 Trailer

The rules have changed? Kill or be killed? Colour me confused and interested.

ANOTHER ONE?! Unbelievable! Why does there need to be another sequel? I used to like these movies but the fourth one was just bad. 1 and 2 were awesome and I liked the third though. I sure hope that this time, the main character doesn't die at the end! It would surely be a great twist!

I'm not sure if I'm interested in this one or not though, will probably watch anyway...::shrug:

Anyone seen Megamind?

I saw it a couple days ago and thought it was absolutely brilliant. A gem of an animated film.

tumblr_lk73sktNnl1qik9sfo1_500.gif

I loved. Probably my favourite non-Pixar computer animated film.

ANOTHER ONE?! Unbelievable! Why does there need to be another sequel? I used to like these movies but the fourth one was just bad. 1 and 2 were awesome and I liked the third though. I sure hope that this time, the main character doesn't die at the end! It would surely be a great twist!

I'm not sure if I'm interested in this one or not though, will probably watch anyway...::shrug:

Pretty sure I remember you being the guy that likes the Saw films?

....or a Final Des71nation!!! :shakehead

Pretty sure I remember you being the guy that likes the Saw films?

You are correct but at least the story in the movies connected, unravelling bits in every movie. I didn't really care for the gore that much, I did actually like the overall story. Final Destination is just the same movie over and over with gory deaths and sure, some people can say that about SAW but SAW did have a story behind it that did connect and did unravel new things.

....or a Final Des71nation!!! :shakehead

KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED.

The Final Destination movies are so repetitive and uninspired. But they do make me paranoid about rollercoasters/funfairs/doing anything other than standing stock still in an elevator.

I like it. I'm in it for the deaths and always have been. That laser eye surgery one was brutal. I love it.

The tanning bed one in the 3rd[?] film was traumatising. So fantastic.

Final D3510810N?

You are the winner! :indeed:

KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED.

The Final Destination movies are so repetitive and uninspired. But they do make me paranoid about rollercoasters/funfairs/doing anything other than standing stock still in an elevator.

I remember that I saw Final Destination 3 and then had to go to Drayton Manor the next day...I got a bit paranoid on G-Force and Shockwave, lol.