NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

I won't read that yet as there is a chance I'll go see it this week. Not sure yet though. Maybe tomorrow, "bargain" Tuesday.

(I say bargain in inverted commars, because it simply brings the price down to the same as most other cinemas in the UK)

I look forward to hearing what you thought about it!

Today I watched The Fast and the Furious, I liked it but I didn't love it like I did when I was about 11 or 12.

Rear Window is brilliant.

--

I watched Superbad followed by Anchorman last week, both for the first time. One of them got a lot more laughs than the other. Can you guess which?

It should be Anchorman!

It was! The film was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Going in to it I was worried that I might have missed the train on the film, that the style of humor may have been a little dated but was pleasantly surprised by the whole film. Will rewatch one day!

Superbad wasn't as good as I expected it to be. There weren't that many laugh out loud moments compared to Anchorman, though that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. It just felt like the script could have used some polish in places. I think, perhaps, watching whilst intoxicated might be the best way to enjoy the film. Might try that at some point.

Oh, it also feels like I'm seeing Seth Rogan in every single film ever. Didn't know he was in Anchorman until he popped up.

Not that it's a bad thing!

I haven't seen Superbad, but Anchorman is about as overrated as films get! I R ARTICHOKE REZ

I haven't seen Superbad, but Anchorman is about as overrated as films get! I R ARTICHOKE REZ

I thought we were meant to be. Alas I was wrong.

I love both Anchorman and Superbad (Out of breath) "He's a freak.....he's the fastest kid alive", but Anchorman is in a different league.

I just got back from Insidious. I am probably going to make a thread as I feel it warrants it (several people have seen it, there is a lot to debate estcsdcetc)

Yeah Christina Applegate is the only good thing in Anchorman really.

You know how I feel about idiot baboons shouting and the rest of the characters in that film are just idiot baboons shouting.

Could have done without Brick. He was probably my least favourite character.

If God was real and he was a comdey movie he would be Anchorman. One of my alltime faves.

I love the news anchor rumble aswell.

Como Estas Bitches

Could have done without Brick. He was probably my least favourite character.

Woah! You don't love lamp?

He killed a guy with a trident! How can you say he's underrated!

The trident was one of the only stand-out bits of Anchorman for me. The rest was fine. Nothing to write home about.

But what's so great about it though, I don't understand. The jokes are just your generic/standard ones, there's really nothing original about it, and as Ashley says, there's a lot of shouting. I don't understand why this film in particular has the reputation it does, and how everybody quotes it like a comedy Bible!

It just left me dissapointed when I caught up with it, because of all the hype.

I just thought it was amazing. All the jokes, the characters, the ridiculousness, the randomness, why is all this happening etc. Also I saw it in the cinemas with no hype other than trailer and I've never laughed so much at a movie. Twas' on the cinema floor.

Generic standard ones??

When have you ever seen heard some guy say 60% of the time it works every time?

When have you ever heard a conversation about someone killing someone with a trident in the modern age?

When have you ever heard 'Afternoon Delight' sung so perfectly?

Saw Blue valentine a few days ago. It's a small movie, dealing with the start and end (?) of a love between 2 people. Nothing epic, so probably not for everyone, but I thought it was a nice movie. Some great performances by Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, especially as the movie switches to the beginning of their relationship to the end of it, so you see the 2 switching from in love to, well, not in love.

Saw another movie, but I think I'll create a thread for it.

Desperate to see Blue Valentine. Meant to be the "overlooked" of the Oscar 'noms from this year.

I think it also has one of the better looking movieposters I've come across lately:

watch-blue-valentine-online.jpg

I think I'll go confiscate it from the cinema I work in.

Yeah. I love the font. And how cramped it is.

Desperate to see Blue Valentine. Meant to be the "overlooked" of the Oscar 'noms from this year.

As am I. No cinema near me was showing it so missed out on being able to see it. Heard good things about it, particularly the acting as I do remember a few stories popping up places around the time the Oscar nominations were made about how Gosling or Williams should have gotten nominations.

DVD of it is out on Monday 9th apparently, though, so looks like I'll finally get to see it. And the week after, Biutiful is out on DVD as well so I'll finally be able to see that as well.