NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

i watched ghostbusters for the first time last night. i fell asleep durin it. bad thing?

was alright. some of the effects were well dodgy... lol

watching anchor man tomorrow night another movie ive never seen. apparently i've been missing out =P

21? How old was he when you were born?

Wouldn't he be 17 or 18?

I saw Bloodrayne: The Third Reich. Didn't like it one bit. Then again, it's a Uwe Boll movie so what do you expect?

Wouldn't he be 17 or 18?

I saw Bloodrayne: The Third Reich. Didn't like it one bit. Then again, it's a Uwe Boll movie so what do you expect?

Wow, I'm a fool who should learn to read a post properly before replying. Move along. :heh:

i watched ghostbusters for the first time last night. i fell asleep durin it. bad thing?

watching anchor man tomorrow night another movie ive never seen. apparently i've been missing out =P

Jesus wept.

Both of these movies are in my top 5 favourite movies of all time.

It offends me that you fell asleep during GB.

Whilst I think Ghostbusters is good, I don't consider it amazing. Probably because I only saw it when I was older and the effects looks more outdated then.

Anchorman however is AWESOME. The second one/extra one is funny as well.

Ghostbusters has to be one of the first movies I can remember. Along with Superman I and Superman II, I can just about remember watching them with a friend I only knew in my first year of school.

Just watched Knowing recently thinking it would be so bad its good but was actually a interesting watch.

Also found out that the director of Knowing also directed Dark City which I watched few days before Knowing, totally unintentional.

Which I liked also.

Great twists in both.

Wow, I'm a fool who should learn to read a post properly before replying. Move along. :heh:

lol yup he was 18, I was quite the accident an awesome accident though.

Wear protection kids :heh:

lol yup he was 18, I was quite the accident an awesome accident though.

Wear protection kids :heh:

Compared to some people - 18 is pretty old! :laughing:

I don't think it was ever said they age. I wouldn't think that they would, the skin is just a covering over the endoskeleton.

In the TV show a single T-800 is cemented inside a bank or something in the 1920s and doesn't age when it's found in the present day.

Why dont they age though? The skin is organic afterall, maybe they'll add it into the Terminator story or maybe they'll Jeff Bridges his ass like in Tron.

Just watched the latest Narnia film. There was a part where they said that the mist thing could turn into your biggest nightmare, someone else told everyone not to think of anything, then one of the main characters said "sorry".

I couldn't help but think "If they turn around and see a large marshmallow monster, this film would be absolutely stunning."

Hachi bloody killed me, Wanted to watch it for a while, GF didn't want to because it would make her cry, we watched it tonight, she bawled, It tugged my heart strings, awesome movie.

Watched the original Psycho yesterday.

It was simply incredible. I'm still scared not gonna lie.

Watched the original Psycho yesterday.

It was simply incredible. I'm still scared not gonna lie.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Welcome to the pure genius that is Hitchcock. How about the final scene, eh? ;)

Actually, if you enjoyed that I'd really recommend "The Birds", "Marnie", "Strangers on a Train" and "Rear Window"

Any of them really :p

Edited by Frank

I saw Raging Bull and Insidious today.

Raging Bull is always one of my favourites, love everything about the movie. One of those brilliant little gems that you could watch again.

Insidious was great but I really disliked the ending! Like, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much I disliked it (10 being very much), it would be on 8. Otherwise, cool movie.

kids-are-all-right-lg.jpg

^ Just watched.

Really good. I love the "Joni Mitchell" scene. Considering it's what I instinctively do whenever All I Want comes into my head.

I think Julianne Moore was as deserving of acclaim as Annette Benning (who got the Oscar nom).

But yeah - great stuff really. Felt brisk and dealing-with.

I saw Raging Bull and Insidious today.

Raging Bull is always one of my favourites, love everything about the movie. One of those brilliant little gems that you could watch again.

Insidious was great but I really disliked the ending! Like, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much I disliked it (10 being very much), it would be on 8. Otherwise, cool movie.

Sounds like they pulled a "The Last Exorcist".

I've only seen "The Birds" and "Psycho", and only thought the latter was any good. "The Birds" didn't explain anything!

Sounds like they pulled a "The Last Exorcist".

Basically yeah. I didn't like The Last Exorcism at all but I see what you mean. Insidious was a great, creepy movie and one of those rare horror movies of today where it didn't use masses of blood, gore or flying body parts to scare or creep out the audience. Everything was great right up until the end of the movie where...

the man became possessed by the old lady who had been following him when he was a child? Major WTF! I saw it coming a mile-off but the problem with it was that it was predictable and quite a shitty ending for a good story. An unpredictable twist would have been that everybody turned out fine, that would have been a better ending! Why feel the need to add an unnecessary twist? I would like to see an alternate ending because whatever it is, it will be a lot better than the ending on the actual film!

:mad:

But other than that, a really enjoyable movie that's out-of-the-norm storywise for horrors today and evidence that there's no need for excessive blood and guts to creep out the audience, just some scary spirits and yes, they genuinely look creepy!

I won't read that yet as there is a chance I'll go see it this week. Not sure yet though. Maybe tomorrow, "bargain" Tuesday.

(I say bargain in inverted commars, because it simply brings the price down to the same as most other cinemas in the UK)

Watched Jonah Hex last night. It seemed to be missing something, like an hour of actual storyline, the film was barely over an hour long. Twas decent, if not filled with plot holes.

Edited by Jon

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Welcome to the pure genius that is Hitchcock. How about the final scene, eh? ;)

Actually, if you enjoyed that I'd really recommend "The Birds", "Marnie", "Strangers on a Train" and "Rear Window"

Any of them really :p

yeh all of them are great. i love "rear window" ...

... strangers on a train i have yet to properly see all the way through but i have it to watch!!!!