NEurope
Jonnas

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

@Rummy: Your roles were different at first. The initial plan was that one of you would become a competent cop when the other one died, probably after some confusion in the main thread over your results. I wasn't expecting you to be 100% honest about it since day one, and I certainly didn't expect you using Nintendohnut to verify this. So I changed my plans to include a previously-scrapped concept with you two (since what I wanted was a "cop starts useless, becomes useful later" kind of role)

@Dannyboy: Sméagol was always mafia. Flinky's speech said otherwise because Esequiel was protecting him that night, and caused investigators to see him as innocent.

Also, Jayseven redirected you to ReZ. I don't know why he said it was Flink, but he really wasn't paying attention to the game at that stage. He sent a target saying "Dannyboy to ReZ!" and then he sent one saying "ReZ to Dannyboy!...or did I send a PM already? If so, go with the old one". It was...odd. He really did seem drunk :heh:

@Tales: Dannyboy couldn't get anything stolen from him until he regained his memories. It was unlucky that he was your very first target for stealing, but it was hardly a disadvantage. Sméagol's later actions, however...

----------------

Overall...I think I liked the first Gentlemen's better. I feel I was a bit sloppy with this game, there were a few blunders of mine: using "nefarious" to describe "negative" powers such as roleblocking, overpowering Diageo, putting far too many protectors in the game, giving Tales something of a useless role...

Though this game was peculiar in that the mafia was playing well during the day (Sméagol notwithstanding), but awful during the night, while the town was overpowered during the night, but really dumb during the day.

I could count the blunders each side made, but it would take a while! :heh:

Also, getting the keys wouldn't have given you instant victory: it would have given you a new mafia member. Nintendohnut was the first candidate for this, but if he died in the meantime, it would be the next "likely-to-join-the-mafia-in-story" character. Like Diageo, or mr-paul (but never Danny, or Flinky, for example).

WOOHOO! My first ever Mafia game win! I can't believe I survived! We rock! This game rocks! You guys rock! This day rocks! Woo!

To Jonnas, thank you very much for creating such an awesome Mafia game, it literally took over my life night after night, made me paranoid and made me happy at the same time, haha. A very fantastic, tricky, funny and addictive game.

To the town, we rock! We're awesome! Love you guys! We did very well and to those who are town who I lynched or did not believe, I apologise.

To the mafia, fantastic gameplay tactics! I believe you played a terrific game, especially The Peeps so well done to you all!

And last but definitely not least, I'd like to thank you Rummy! If it wasn't for you, I'd probably have died and this victory we share would never have happened for me. You've been a phenomenal partner to play with and I couldn't have had anyone better to be teamed up with! TEAM RUMMZZ FTW! haha :D

Thank you so much guys. I can't believe we won! :grin:

[..]

Also, getting the keys wouldn't have given you instant victory: it would have given you a new mafia member. Nintendohnut was the first candidate for this, but if he died in the meantime, it would be the next "likely-to-join-the-mafia-in-story" character. Like Diageo, or mr-paul (but never Danny, or Flinky, for example).

In this case I scrap my previous comment about a well-balaced game ;).

I doubt we could've won with so many players and just us 6 with just one potential extra member.. Eventually, they would've found out all of us, I'm pretty sure.

Also, what did you find awful about our night targets? I think theye were pretty good, apart from my screw-ups. The kills were usually well chosen I think.

As said, yes it's obvious we were working together. But knowing the exact ins and outs, and just knowing we are, are two very different things. You knew straight away we had to target the same person and could communicate outside the thread? You knew that 100%? I don't think so.

Let me put it like this, from my point of view, you did not paint a bigger target on yourself by telling the rest. Even if we weren't after the keys, you would still be killed no matter how little or much you said. The second you and dazz called Eddie mafia you two were goners. Unfortunatly it became obvious we wouldn't hit majority so you were spared. You didn't gain anything by keeping quiet. How could you? You got a mafia killed as investigators.

What? We DID have to target the same person! We didn't want the mafia to know that early on though, because then they'd realise we both needed to be alive to work! It's harder to protect two people than it is one, surely? There's never need for more information than neccessary.

Wut? But only one of you targetted ReZ, didn't you? And at the end you started talking about not needing to target the same person and having originally lied about it to become less of a target ... or did I misunderstand everything completely?

And no, it isn't important until they're under suspicion. It's more information than needed, and in the case of evil-appears-good, can lead to false assumptions and beliefs that can let a mafia fly past completely unnoticed. In fact, haven't you done so in the past?

Well, we obviously disagree about this.

I believe you're referring to the Red & Blue Pokémafia in which I was investigated right before switching sides? That was unfortunate for the town, but overall it's still very important, especially at that stage in the game. With so few people left and so much info out, I really don't think it served the town to keep things secret. With enough investigations, you could start ruling out the possibility of mafiosos appearing good.

I was wondering if we'd win or if we'd just get a new member. If we had recruited mr-paul then he would've won. I would've been lynched no matter what but he could well have survived to win the game lol.

Well played town! I managed to hang in there though :D it came down to process of elimination rather than actually having anything on me.

I'm a bit annoyed that I was so unsuspicious for the first part of the game because before I became Angus I would've appeared good to any investigators. Definitely would've helped my case. It was only a matter of time though, and sorry to ReZ! Had to off the last protector to have any chance of doing anything lol.

My only complaint about this game was that there was probably 1 too many protectors, other than that I loved playing it as much as the first :D I'm glad I've had the chance to play both games as either side too.

Well done town :p

@Rummy: Your roles were different at first. The initial plan was that one of you would become a competent cop when the other one died, probably after some confusion in the main thread over your results. I wasn't expecting you to be 100% honest about it since day one, and I certainly didn't expect you using Nintendohnut to verify this. So I changed my plans to include a previously-scrapped concept with you two (since what I wanted was a "cop starts useless, becomes useful later" kind of role)

@Dannyboy: Sméagol was always mafia. Flinky's speech said otherwise because Esequiel was protecting him that night, and caused investigators to see him as innocent.

Also, Jayseven redirected you to ReZ. I don't know why he said it was Flink, but he really wasn't paying attention to the game at that stage. He sent a target saying "Dannyboy to ReZ!" and then he sent one saying "ReZ to Dannyboy!...or did I send a PM already? If so, go with the old one". It was...odd. He really did seem drunk :heh:

@Tales: Dannyboy couldn't get anything stolen from him until he regained his memories. It was unlucky that he was your very first target for stealing, but it was hardly a disadvantage. Sméagol's later actions, however...

----------------

Overall...I think I liked the first Gentlemen's better. I feel I was a bit sloppy with this game, there were a few blunders of mine: using "nefarious" to describe "negative" powers such as roleblocking, overpowering Diageo, putting far too many protectors in the game, giving Tales something of a useless role...

Though this game was peculiar in that the mafia was playing well during the day (Sméagol notwithstanding), but awful during the night, while the town was overpowered during the night, but really dumb during the day.

I could count the blunders each side made, but it would take a while! :heh:

Perhaps with the exception of the balancing, I don't think there was anything wrong with this game. :) Maybe I felt more involved this time because my role called for it; maybe it's because I've always loved second instalments in that they return to a well-known universe and combine the old and familiar with the new and exciting.

Right then, who the fuck killed me >.>

Its been bugging me sooooo much because i actually never lied about my targets and i think i had most of you fooled into believing me as town!

My reasoning was: Eddie targets and protects diageo, i target Smeagol and make him look good. Then i say "I targetted Diageo and he was targetted by Eddie". And so on and so on! I thought it was perfect lol

So seriously who the fuck killed me.

I was wondering if we'd win or if we'd just get a new member. If we had recruited mr-paul then he would've won. I would've been lynched no matter what but he could well have survived to win the game lol.

Well played town! I managed to hang in there though :D it came down to process of elimination rather than actually having anything on me.

I'm a bit annoyed that I was so unsuspicious for the first part of the game because before I became Angus I would've appeared good to any investigators. Definitely would've helped my case. It was only a matter of time though, and sorry to ReZ! Had to off the last protector to have any chance of doing anything lol.

My only complaint about this game was that there was probably 1 too many protectors, other than that I loved playing it as much as the first :D I'm glad I've had the chance to play both games as either side too.

I never got an answer: Were you always mafia? Or did you only become one when your sister/herojan was killed kidnapped?

Mafia from the start. My role info states that I was blackmailed into helping the mafia because otherwise they'd kill my sister - because of this, I would appear good if investigated.

But obviously when Tales died, I became Angus so I lost that rather useful ability.

I like that you wrote it so Angus was always the killer and couldn't be killed - until the end. Nice writing Jonnas :D

I was wary of you for aaaaaages, but because I didn't have any evidence I couldn't really act on it. Today I was just like "he must be the last one, can't be anyone else" and was hoping people would follow me in voting heh.

With every fiber of my being I stab at thee, as long as blood flows through this heart I will hunt you down. I will be the stuff of your children's nightmares.

And then, when nothing can be heard but your cries of agony, I will pull the chain and let the beast devour you. Mark my words: I will have my revenge, SIR. JONNAS!

scr15.jpg

Yeah, I fucked up :P at one point I was thinking "... wait-- maybe it was flink..." but realised that by then if I had turned round and gone "lol guys sorry done a j7 again and just been stupid" you'd all be saying "I DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES KILL HIM!!"

... Followed the game closely to the end. 70 pages of 40 posts is just... mind boggling. Practically a novella (already bagsied writing one for real!) in length.

I had role-switcher/redirecter for like 4 games in a row, which just made me more confused between them than usual.

Congrats for the win, town!

Yeah, I fucked up :P at one point I was thinking "... wait-- maybe it was flink..." but realised that by then if I had turned round and gone "lol guys sorry done a j7 again and just been stupid" you'd all be saying "I DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES KILL HIM!!"

... Followed the game closely to the end. 70 pages of 40 posts is just... mind boggling. Practically a novella (already bagsied writing one for real!) in length.

I had role-switcher/redirecter for like 4 games in a row, which just made me more confused between them than usual.

Congrats for the win, town!

I really am sorry, jay, but I'm even more sorry that you ruined my epic Phoenix Wright moment! :heh:

Also, it was brilliant that Angus was always the killer and killed off his companions! :D

I would be shocked if it wasn't Nintendohnut that killed Esequiel.

I wonder what his win condition was, since he didn't come forward.

I'm really curious about all the role details, but I presume we're going to get an epic role list from Jonnas at some point. :)

Dohnut's win condition was killing Angus (whoever was him at the time) personally. If he did, his apprenticess would become the new killer.

I had a bit of improvising with these character interactions, but I liked how it turned out.

@Mundi: :heh: Sorry, Mundi, I really am. But if I had corrected aqui1a, I would be practically clearing you as good (even if you did look evil under investigation), so I couldn't really do anything but let the townies realise the nature of aqui1a's power by themselves.

-----------------------

In this case I scrap my previous comment about a well-balaced game ;).

I doubt we could've won with so many players and just us 6 with just one potential extra member.. Eventually, they would've found out all of us, I'm pretty sure.

Also, what did you find awful about our night targets? I think theye were pretty good, apart from my screw-ups. The kills were usually well chosen I think.

Let me put it this way: if you had stolen every single night, you could potentially get all the keys in first three nights. In fact, in the first night, both you and Marcamillian targeted key-holders by pure chance.

And you want blunders? Let's see an early example:

Night 1: The Peeps targets Diageo, finds out he's a Jailkeeper

Day 2: Herojan says "Sebastian Wilson is out there, and he is probably good"

Night 2: "OMG, he knows my name and is clearing me! Kill him!"

...While letting a jailkeeper run rampant. If you had killed Diageo before he was proven good, Marcamillian could have lasted quite a while, because nobody besides Diageo suspected him.

Seriously, why did you leave a jailkeeper run free? I didn't give The Peeps investigative powers just so he could use them to look innocent, you know.

And for that matter, why killing someone who offhandedly said he trusts one of you? (before he knew who that person was, even)

Not to mention you stopped stealing for more than an in-game week! Your protections weren't clearing you, because nobody was tracking or noticing you, I thought you guys would notice after the first couple of nights of protecting!

And Eddie roleblocking Sméagol... :nono:

Right then, who the fuck killed me >.>

Its been bugging me sooooo much because i actually never lied about my targets and i think i had most of you fooled into believing me as town!

My reasoning was: Eddie targets and protects diageo, i target Smeagol and make him look good. Then i say "I targetted Diageo and he was targetted by Eddie". And so on and so on! I thought it was perfect lol

So seriously who the fuck killed me.

Oh yeah, I want to know too!

P.S. Thanks for this, Jonnas, I enjoyed it while I was alive :)

Wut? But only one of you targetted ReZ, didn't you? And at the end you started talking about not needing to target the same person and having originally lied about it to become less of a target ... or did I misunderstand everything completely?

No, we both did! We've shared targetting since the night we became a supercop! That's why I didn't want to reveal my results! You have misunderstood a bit somewhere :p

Even so, I don't regret what I did, as in the end...we survived and won :p

How was I overpowered?

You had the potential to 100% confirm the power of those who touched you, even if you currently had the power of a jailkeeper. It ended up being a bit overpowered. Though you did well to keep your power a secret.

Also, I should make this clear: Nintendohnut killed Esequiel. And Diageo tried to kill Cube, except he protected himself (Sidenote: The mafia considered roleblocking Cube during this night, but decided against it. Oh, what could've been...)

Not to mention you stopped stealing for more than an in-game week! Your protections weren't clearing you, because nobody was tracking or noticing you, I thought you guys would notice after the first couple of nights of protecting!

And Eddie roleblocking Sméagol... :nono:

I voted against those!

Let me put it like this, from my point of view, you did not paint a bigger target on yourself by telling the rest. Even if we weren't after the keys, you would still be killed no matter how little or much you said. The second you and dazz called Eddie mafia you two were goners. Unfortunatly it became obvious we wouldn't hit majority so you were spared. You didn't gain anything by keeping quiet. How could you? You got a mafia killed as investigators.

What if it'd been an amazing bluff ala yourself in EotW? Would you take a chance wasting a night kill on someone(s) who got lucky once, no guarantee we would be again? Or someone else you knew more about?

However, I didn't know the whole key thing, so it's all not seeing a bigger picture.

I was wary of you for aaaaaages, but because I didn't have any evidence I couldn't really act on it. Today I was just like "he must be the last one, can't be anyone else" and was hoping people would follow me in voting heh.

Haha, me too! It really was hard to find anything solid, though. Think Peeps did play fantastically.

I wonder what his win condition was, since he didn't come forward.

To kill Angus, it was in his lynch/death post. Pretty sure he did kill Esequiel, too.