NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia II - The Game Begins

Under what circumstances did you receive your investigative power, chair? Might help us determine how trustworthy the source is

The PM literally just said "You've been granted a one-use day investigation power." No flavour text to imply I picked up an object or something. Probably a result of someone's power? Ness or Lucas?

I find it hard to determine who was supposed to be the victim. I'm guessing the dark figure was the intended killer, but who of those people was he targeting? The little green man?

I know Chair is bold but I don't think he's that bold.

And yes, I was thinking the power-up was more likely ;).

I'm expecting more of these things in the next days.

I'm willing to go with chairdriver's odd investigation, though, it being chairdriver, it could very well be an elaborate ruse. I will await for mr-paul before casting my vote.

Right, I think this investigation is either wrong, or chair is bluffing.

I'll tell you why.

I'm Falco, and I am good.

I target someone and find out something about them.

I targeted heroicjanitor and found that he didn't target anyone.

Someone targeted me and enhanced my powers. I got a PM saying the next person who targets me, I will receive information about.

I asked Diageo if I was targeted with this investigation by chair, would I receive some information on him.

He said yes, in theory. So I'm extremely confused as to why I didn't get a PM. This leads me to believe that it has somehow been manipulated in some way.

I've just realised that I may appear twice in the write up.

A blue image flashed past a similar character. They began to converse.

I thought this might be Sonic, but then remembered Falco's speedy move.

Leads me to believe that Herojan could be Fox.

A cool refreshing breeze blew over a blue character.

I urge someone else to investigate me tonight to see if we can trust this one use power.

I forgot to say, that cool breeze is what supposedly enhanced my power.

Big question, why did no one die last night?

As for the cool breeze, it took me a while thinking, but I'm guessing it's probably Ice Climbers. I thought kirby, but he does more sucking than blowing.

Something purple weakened him before the sword-face encounter though, what was that? And who's the beige and red creature?

Hmm, I don't agree that was a protection, it's flavour before anything happened(i assumed it just a hint to toon link, he's generally in a defensive stance).

ReZ, did you manage to protect yourself last night? Did you try?

ReZ, did you manage to protect yourself last night? Did you try?

I did protect myself.

I think jonnas is Captain Falcon, and his target was the "dark figure" who was "sent flying."

Hold on, is it just me, or is Tingle in the writeup?! Little green man raising his hands in joy, and making banana peels magically appear around his target?!

[/color]

The unsettling purple world turned dark. The citizens returned to their homes, or what at least appeared to be their homes.

A small green man appeared and raised his hands in joy. Banana peels appeared magically around his target(tingle? seems a redirection given the slipping to follow). A beam of light illuminated the area around an athletic man(captain falcon?) who slipped and landed in a new location, and then took guard. He heard a noise, and readied his stance. A swirling figure rushed to get past the man, but with one powerful punch, the dark figure was sent flying(can't think who swirls but maybe lucario from the dark ref).

A blue image flashed past a similar character. They began to converse(falco and fox).

A young boy readied a defensive stance(ReZ, toon link). He noticed something purple at the corner of his field field of vision(lucario, or maybe luigi's final smash someone mentioned earlier). He suddenly felt weak. As his vision blurred, he turned around to receive a sword to the face(Ike or link). As he was unconscious, a small red and beige creature approached him(no idea here, charizard is hardly small, dunno if rob counts as beige or a creature, maybe diddy?).

A cool refreshing breeze blew over a blue character(i reckon ice climbers, mr paul thinks it was something that enhanced him).

A green sphere appeared around two characters. One was afraid of what it might be and fled home. The other was too busy dancing. (maybe luigi's final smash?)

The writeup as I see it.

I'm tempted to test chair's info, if mr-paul turns out town we lynch chair? The mafia didn't know who he was targetting so I don't think they could have influenced it.

oh man that got fucked up. I forgot how colour tags worked!

The unsettling purple world turned dark. The citizens returned to their homes, or what at least appeared to be their homes.

A small green man appeared and raised his hands in joy. Banana peels appeared magically around his target(tingle? seems a redirection given the slipping to follow). A beam of light illuminated the area around an athletic man(captain falcon?) who slipped and landed in a new location, and then took guard. He heard a noise, and readied his stance. A swirling figure rushed to get past the man, but with one powerful punch, the dark figure was sent flying(can't think who swirls but maybe lucario from the dark ref).

A blue image flashed past a similar character. They began to converse(falco and fox).

A young boy readied a defensive stance(ReZ, toon link). He noticed something purple at the corner of his field field of vision(lucario, or maybe luigi's final smash someone mentioned earlier). He suddenly felt weak. As his vision blurred, he turned around to receive a sword to the face(Ike or link). As he was unconscious, a small red and beige creature approached him(no idea here, charizard is hardly small, dunno if rob counts as beige or a creature, maybe diddy?).

A cool refreshing breeze blew over a blue character(i reckon ice climbers, mr paul thinks it was something that enhanced him).

A green sphere appeared around two characters. One was afraid of what it might be and fled home. The other was too busy dancing. (maybe luigi's final smash?)

Forgot to add Vote:mr-paul

Well, either Mr-Paul or Chair is lying. They have conflicting evidence it seems, if someone verifies they helped Mr-Paul by enchancing his power, this suggests Chair is lying.

Anyone?

OR Heroic did you target no-one last night?

Finally here again! Okay a few things to note

1) I'm pretty sure the purple stuff isn't anything to do with a character, I think it's more likely to be the purple stuff that makes all the enemies appear in brawl. From the story mode I mean. I can't think of any character move that is purple like that, and it would make more sense. What were those enemies called?

2) either chair is mafia and has made up the day investigation power to get someone lynched (he gave an instant disclaimer too, saying the info might be wrong. If we lynch mr-paul and he turns out town he can say "I knew we shouldn't have trusted that info!". Of course, he may be telling the truth, in which case mr-paul is evil. Either way , now that we know who mr-Paul is he's pretty useless to the mafia (if he is a mafioso I mean) because if he does anything evil we will see it and an lynch him. Id quite like to know chair's character too, but obviously he has no real reason to give it at this point.

Why would it suggest chair is lying? It only suggests mr-paul is telling the truth about his power, assuming the person who verifies it is also telling the truth. I'm not so sure that I'm keen on his claimed response from Diageo either, 'yes, in theory' hardly adds up, Diageo's the GM, he knows whether something is going to happen or if it is not.

Finally here again! Okay a few things to note

1) I'm pretty sure the purple stuff isn't anything to do with a character, I think it's more likely to be the purple stuff that makes all the enemies appear in brawl. From the story mode I mean. I can't think of any character move that is purple like that, and it would make more sense. What were those enemies called?

Sure, that definitely makes more sense.

So we still need confirmation from Heroicjanitor about his actions last night AND confirmation from someone about enhancing mr-paul - though I wouldn't be surprised if the person didn't come forward (if they did enhance him) because it's not a role people usually like to come out with early on.

Mr-paul is right, I didn't target anyone last night. Not saying I didn't use my power, but I didn't target anyone. My power wasn't of any use last night, before people ask.

I also believe he is telling the truth about his character. I find it strange that chairdriver was granted a one-use day investigation power out of nowhere. In Smash bros, you usually find an item to give you a power-up. *hints strongly that I found an item*

It seems an odd thing for Chair to lie about, so I think it may be a random even/mafia power and it simply gives the wrong/random/always mafia result.

I know not everything turns up in the write up but it does seem like something that would be described somewhere about someone gaining an item etc.

I'm back! :D

Still a bit confused by it all and haven't read everything closely yet. At the moment I'm a bit confused about what to think of chair's one-time power, mostly because it came the feck out of nowhere. I'll give everything a closer read-through and get a better view of things.

I'm still intrigued by the Tingle like character, is it a player or an item? Or something else?

I'm still intrigued by the Tingle like character, is it a player or an item? Or something else?

It would seem this game is somewhat item-based. He could very well be an item.

Tingle being one of the characters would be an epic joke, though.

I don't see why chairdriver would lie, and yet mr-paul is quite convincing. Either mr-paul is evil or chairdriver's info is wrong, so I think we can wait on the lynch for now.