NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia II - The Game Begins

Your kill would take precedence over his if he was just going to die anyway.

For my last kill I used Samurai Goroh and he's a bulky fucker. Last to do anything but luckily it didn't matter.

I'm guessing either you would've had priority or it would've been down to the trophy I used (Lyn killing was the first action that night regardless of post order). I had to kill Dannyboy first because he kept hiding heroicjanitor and I had to kill heroicjanitor because he was blatantly going to get lynched. Luckily Jonnas punched him out.

Completely irrelevant to argue 'what if heroicjanitor didn't join'. He did join. I was expecting some questions to come up in the mafia forum but we only ever really discussed our actions for the next night. I can understand the frustration but I think there was fair opportunity for people to work things out and turn back against me.

I really thought I was going to get lynched by the town too.

It's not irrelevant, when he was making the game he put the mafia in an almost impossible situation. I'm so annoyed at that punch too, dead people could talk, people were saying Dyson switched and I couldn't say he didn't, I thought it was because Lyn kills a random person at night, or Rez did something.

But at the end of the day that's the game. I could've been killed by Zell randomly, or just lynched by the town. It happened to go my way, especially with that punch, but next time there's a role like mine it could go very wrong.

Hints that the Peeps was not going with the mafia.

- Everyone got their PMs seperate.

I thought that was just your way of doing things!

- The Peeps only posts the text and not the actual PM until a while later.

- Time tag on his PM different to all other mafia members.

You really expected us to look at what time you created his role PM?

- Used Lyn and killed Dannyboy, even though Wolf was meant to kill that night.

Assumed it was someone else with killing powers or some kind of item interference, probably stupid

- Was supposed to use Gray Fox, but killed using Gray Fox on ReZ.

- Only mafia sent their PMs that night.

- Green redirection nowhere in the write-up.

I knew this one, I was just using it to get a townie lynched! Again, was too focused on townies/didn't really think about how our own were killed/assumed item interference/someone else had got their PM extra early

So yeah, probably assumed too much the last couple of days... but you gotta admit it was difficult for us!

I'm going to pull a Chairdriver on this and say, it was to make the game more exciting and it worked. Deal with it.

I didn't make a game for the scoreboards, I made it for entertainment.

My favourite thing in this game though was Jonnas trusting me... I fear he'll never trust me again now!

Oh, and one thing, I would've used my punch on The Peeps too in this last night (to see what would happen in the write-up, and maybe stop a kill), but ReZ's Song of Passing stopped me from recharging the punch earlier.

So basically, me and the mafia screwed each other's plans and allowed The Peeps to pick up the scraps. Fitting.

So yeah, probably assumed too much the last couple of days... but you gotta admit it was difficult for us!

I didn't expect you to look at the dates but Heroijanitor started looking at them, so I realised that clue was there.

I never said it wasn't difficult, I think it was a fun little challenge you failed on.

There's plenty of unfair roles anyway.

Serial killer who has to kill everyone else.

Paranoid Cop.

Naive Cop

Voteless townie.

That partnership I had with ReZ.

Not all roles are created equal.

See, even if we did figure him out, some of us were inevitably going to die beforehand, and that's probably what sits worst with me. Regarding the clues, I just don't think anyone ever suspected a game twist of this type (except the one who was silenced).

Essentially I am so annoyed by not being given the chance to figure it out, yet being told I was tricked. I was townie, which I prefer because I can try to figure things out, but then got recruited to my dismay. The whole game was very easy and then the one part that needed figuring out I wasn't there. If I was dead rather than not in the game for the most crucial two turns there were, I may have gotten it and I'll never know. As soon as I started discussing who was killing us, Peeps won. It's not even his role that annoyed me... Just not being able to say anything/not being in the game, and then coming back and Diageo having the cheek to tell me I got played. Ok then I change my mind, Jonnas your role sucked! :p

Reasons why Jonnas' role sucked:

He punched me.

Really hard.

It was sore.

I could think of many more too, but I wouldn't want to rant :p

:cry: No I didn't! I trusted mr-paul! Yeah, I thought ReZ was shady (I could tell ReZ's PM was fake the moment I saw it, but thought he was just hiding a useful power, or maybe he was Neutral, and we had bigger fish to fry)

Really? I clearly remember thinking: "Damn that Jonnas, he's figuring us all out!" :heh:

I noticed that the PMs that were written by yourselves were different than Diageo's style. This is why I trusted Dyson the moment he posted his PM, but thought ReZ was shady. mr-paul I never suspected because he never posted a fake PM (and helped me find Wolf/Herojan), so when he revealed the false info about Dyson I trusted him.

So, posting your own PM brings an unfair advantage for the town. Picture PMs actually helped the mafia a lot regarding this (since they seemed more genuine), and I actually liked them a lot.

Still, it's all a matter of trying to replicate the style of PMs. I know it can be hard, but again, it's all a game of deception. I don't think I could tell the difference between the real and fake PMs, and I'm sure there are others who couldn't, either. I personally have no problem with it, but that's all a matter of taste, I guess.

I think you definitely would've caught me out heroic. If Jonnas hadn't punched you out of the game you would've died after Dannyboy, in which case you would've been able to speak in the mafia forum.

But then that opens up new possibilities. For you not to be lynched I (we) would've had to campaign hard for you and then I would've killed you and shown you up as Wolf making me look very bad (or us if the rest of the mafia were to join in defending you). I would either have been lynched next or Jonnas would've punched me etc etc.

My favourite thing in this game though was Jonnas trusting me... I fear he'll never trust me again now!

Who knows? I fear I'll forget this all soon :heh:

You would have done us a favour if you hit out Peeps earlier, not Herojan!

Oh yeah?! Maybe if we lynched Herojan instead of Rummy, I would've! Or maybe if you hadn't accused Dyson, we would've lynched The Peeps! :p

But seriously, I just wanted to stop Herojan from killing. I think he even tried to kill me, didn't he?

A myriad of different things could have happened. And the game could have gone in many different ways. I do not regret my decision.

Yep, the night you hit him out, you were the target for our kill!

That night where it all started to go wrong, we (well I, at least) were starting to get very arrogant!

We thought if we'd killed Jonnas (and Peeps wasn't a traitor), we would have used ReZ to change phase straight back to night, killed again and instantly changed phase back to day so no-one could stop us, and then had majority. But that would've been too simple!

Yep, the night you hit him out, you were the target for our kill!

HA! I regret nothing! :bouncy:

I like the idea of my gigantic punch being an Earth-shattering kaboom a game-changing event.

- Only mafia sent their PMs that night.

Yeah but how did we know that? Because PMs could be sent in the day time, and they had a good 30 minute window to send it in in the night. I personally always send a PM as soon as it turns night (or when I get online and see its night).

You make it sound like we should have figured it out, but it was really difficult to. Like. Don't call us dumb, we played a good game coming up with epic tactics (make people think they're silenced). :p

I'm fine with the fact that you made an entertaining game though, so I'm dealing.

You make it sound like we should have figured it out, but it was really difficult to. Like. Don't call us dumb, we played a good game coming up with epic tactics (make people think they're silenced). :p

Basically my thoughts as well.

Mafia are just butt hurt :p

It's hard not to be when you're been ass-raped with a sword!

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane
Automerged Doublepost

There's plenty of unfair roles anyway.

Serial killer who has to kill everyone else.

Paranoid Cop.

Naive Cop

Voteless townie.

That partnership I had with ReZ.

Not all roles are created equal.

Investigator who failed whenever someone targeted them.

I didn't say you should have figured it out, I just said you could have.