NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia II - The Game Begins

Hmmz.

I like how much though and effort went into the roles.. I like getting them as pictures in the role PM, although all of them together (plus the fake roles) makes it hard to read in your roles post.

I can't really say anything about the balance, I died to early for that, not knowing what actually happened, and didn't closely follow the rest of the game.

I think I agree with ReZ, that town, or at least I, was shit.. I really didn't feel in form when I was still around. On the one hand, I kept thinking I just should've revealed all the info I had when I had the chance, but on the other hand, even now I know the alignments, I still don't know what good this would've done.

For those who want to know, my info was:

[1] ReZ: song of passing

[2] Dyson: small negative zone

[3] Nintendohnut: scavenge

Night 4 I attempted to target Esequiel.

Did you kill though Zell, was i right?

See people THIS. IS. WHY. YOU. CANT. HAVE. NICE. THINGS.

You should have listened to me, everyone one of my hunches was correct, remember that in the future :P

Who were the three?

NO I DIDN'T! YOU WERE SO WRONG. ABOUT EVERYTHING!!

*ahem*

I had to fill my bucket up before I could "empty it", so my first opportunity to kill someone would have been night 4.

Look back at the targets, Dyson (Luigi) put me and Heroic in the "green zone" and so you ended up targeting Heroic instead. It was Heroic who targeted Jayseven and Ellmester, not me (what I'd been saying all along). I couldn't kill anyone at that point, and Heroic didn't kill Ell either.

Please admit you were wrong Esequiel, so I can achieve closure on this traumatic affair.

And the fact that no one picked up on that fact after Dyson revealed his targets was fucking...amazing/retarded. :p

It was an experiment in the end and I probably will put alignments into future games.

I just want to point out that despite my minor criticsms, the game was great and I felt it was a shit load better than the Death Note mafia. *Applauds*

Your next one should be the Pokemafia.

Oh one more minor thing, roles should definitely not be pictures (in games where you can quote PMs) because it makes fake role claiming an absolutely huge palava.

Oh one more minor thing, roles should definitely not be pictures (in games where you can quote PMs) because it makes fake role claiming an absolutely huge palava.

Though it did help make our first roleclaims more believable. :p

Our of curiosity, Jonnas, how did you know that fake role PMs could be made by Diageo?

Which I forgot to comment about..

Personally, I think I actually don't mind having no alignment reveal. But it's obvious I'm in the minority.

It makes it slightly more "realistic". The host can (and has if I understand right) introduceds abilities to compensate for this..

And generally, you can assume anyone who gets killed is town, then you can factor in known or speculated vigilantes and redirectors.. You won't know for sure, but you still have a guess.

I'm confused by you folk saying "Makes it more realistic".....compared to what?

It makes it slightly more "realistic". The host can (and has if I understand right) introduceds abilities to compensate for this..

It's just not a good idea to have powers make up for a loss of a common game mechanic. Inactives and early deaths mean you should NEVER have a game breaker character, but strive to make all (or at least most) characters interesting/useful.

Well ... real life? :heh: If we consider the lynch situation to be real, the angry mob would never find out if they made the right decision. It's not like a sign will pop up after death that says "good guy!" :heh:

But I don't consider it a gamebreaking role, if you use that argument than an investigator is even more broken. If there's only 1, and he/she dies, are you going to cry? No.

I personally don't think it's an essential gamemechanic. Like I said, you can still make a good guess, and it affects town and mafia alike.

But I don't consider it a gamebreaking role, if you use that argument than an investigator is even more broken. If there's only 1, and he/she dies, are you going to cry? No.

I personally don't think it's an essential gamemechanic. Like I said, you can still make a good guess, and it affects town and mafia alike.

But I do consider it a game-changing mechanic, since I've always considered the deductive detective work of the town the most important aspect of the game. If no alignments are revealed, it hampers their ability to do so very much.

Which ironically makes your point about the loss of a cop invalid. :heh:

Please admit you were wrong Esequiel, so I can achieve closure on this traumatic affair.

How was i wrong when you were neutral?

618px-Trollface_HD.png

And yes il agree with ReZ, again >.> Role PMs in text not pics as it really was confusing! Which i guess was the point haha

Anyway im more chilled out now, so well played Diageo i enjoyed the game.

But I do consider it a game-changing mechanic, since I've always considered the deductive detective work of the town the most important aspect of the game. If no alignments are revealed, it hampers their ability to do so very much.

Which ironically makes your point about the loss of a cop invalid. :heh:

Well, like I said, I'm in the minority, so that pretty much settles it.

I'm confused, but did enjoy this until getting literally hit by the lynch train.

Who was who in regards town/mafia? I didn't even see a mafia picture for ReZ there.

Actual mafias/werewolves? Can't exactly find out who someone is after a real hit/lynching, without some investigating?

*shrugs*

Mafia was;

(The Peeps)

ReZ

Dannyboy

Mr-Paul,

we were insane lucky and recruited heroicjanitor on Night 1.

Mafia

The Peeps

ReZourceman

mr-paul

Dannyboy

[Heroicjanitor - Recruited]

Neutral

Nintendohnut

Jonnas

Zell

Town

The rest

Top poster in the thread got an item during the night.

What caused the recruitment? I missed that in the role descriptions.

mr-paul, and only mr-paul, needed to target Heroicjanitor to recruit him.

Aaah I bloody loved this game and am SO PISSED OFF at The Peeps!

I had everything planned out for how we were going to win each night, but nope, he betrayed us. I do think it was a bit unfair that he knew what we were doing and could then kill us off before we did it, but I guess we should have caught on. I always trust my team-mates, especially you Peeps, we've been through a lot together before this and never had good luck, now you betray me!

I have to admit the town played a bit silly. In no way on that last day did I mean to make it look like Dyson killed ReZ, I was simply asking him to come out with his targets, but I hoped he wouldn't, because I'd told him he was silenced. He was silly to believe that too after Jonnas caught onto it the day before! Jonnas, I really respect you as a player but I was thinking wtf were you thinking when you deduced from what I said that Dyson is the killer!

I loved that I was unveiled as mafia on THE FIRST DAY and then there was no suspicion on me from there even though only bad things happened when the blue flash was around!

I was confused at the perceived lack of neutrals and was sure that Jonnas must've been one.

On the alignment/no alignment debate, I prefer games where there are alignments, but it is quite useful when you are mafia.

Also, when i'm mafia I hate limitless day phases, but it actually worked quite well for us this game, not one of us got lynched, we were brought down from within which SUCKS.

Good game though Diageo, very well put together, good write ups, just EXTREMELY pissed off about the twist.

Chairdriver made that thing up about you mr-paul. He never got any one use investigations.

Chairdriver made that thing up about you mr-paul. He never got any one use investigations.

Interesting technique.

Haha.

Either it's a brilliant townie ploy from Chair, or Diageo threw in some power-ups like was suggested last time.

I guess Chairdriver is brilliant!

I feel like making up some crap in the next mafia game.

Haha that's amazing. I was shitting myself, and thought I was very lucky that I had recruited HeroJan who could back me up!

Even though it was fake (but true!), I thought people may still take it into account when trying to work out who was mafia.

Another point was, everyone was thinking ReZ was evil, the write-up when he died pretty much showed he had lied about his powers, then the town wanted to find and lynch his killer? Crazy logic.

Also, Diageo, what do these stars mean in your summary of people/targets?

[1] The Peeps - Crazy Hand

*[2] Cube - Lucas

[3] MadDog - Ice Climbers

[4] Nintendohnut - Diddy Kong **

*[5] Ellmeister - Olimar

[6] Jonnas - Donkey Kong

*[7] mr-paul - Falco Lombardi

[8] Zell - Mr Game & Watch

[9] Dannyoby - Meta Knight

[10] HeroicJanitor - Wolf

[11] jayseven - Pit

[12] Tales - ROB