NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

Most excellent write-up Rez, i congratulate you upon that. My quote you used, mixture of EEVIL's quote of the time and something i said. I apologise for offending you, if that is even possible.

Didn't even spot Nami, so sorry for missing you :weep:

Yeah, i did literatly plaster the floor (and Goafers/EEVILs coats were affected respectively). And you filmed the plastering as well, which was wierd indeed. I am currently working on my interviews with everyone, and interigation of "where did that donkey go??".

It was a complete surprise meeting you and Shorty there and I think you must be the easiest person to talk to for the first time I've ever met. It was a real pleasure :D And Shorty too for that matter. Pretty much the best time.

It was great to meet you too :D I'm glad I got a bit of time with you even though it was brief! I still can't do that funny finger thing you were showing me!

Got back to Scotland an hour or so ago. Thank god for the train as I'll never take a night bus to London again.

So yeah, em.... next time I think I should probably leave my number with someone/get someone's number. Slipped my mind that (and turns out I could have not bothered going to the bank) but hopefully next year I don't make that mistake. Left to go check into my hotel/go to the bank when everyone was heading off for food and that was my meet over. People said they were going to Pizza Hut so went looking for one and couldn't for the life of me find one. Reading/seeing what others have posted, I probably walked passed you all at McD's :nono:::shrug:

But yeah, it was fun while I was there, even though I didn't really get to speaking to people properly (although that's really my fault because I'm just a quiet person). Rummy's face when he arrived at the tunnel and started naming everyone only to be stumped when he got to me was funny (although I think everyone was surprised when they met me). Although to be fair, it has been 2 year or something since I posted a picture so confusion was the be expected. Wish I had been around for the happenings later but never mind.

Sunday was a waste for me as well though. Because I was in London at 6.30 on Saturday and did so much walking, I couldn't walk on Sunday. Got as far as the Marble Arch and had to go back to the hotel. That roll of masking tape I had in my bad came in handy though for strapping up my right knee though.

Got back to Scotland an hour or so ago. Thank god for the train as I'll never take a night bus to London again.

So yeah, em.... next time I think I should probably leave my number with someone/get someone's number. Slipped my mind that (and turns out I could have not bothered going to the bank) but hopefully next year I don't make that mistake. Left to go check into my hotel/go to the bank when everyone was heading off for food and that was my meet over. People said they were going to Pizza Hut so went looking for one and couldn't for the life of me find one. Reading/seeing what others have posted, I probably walked passed you all at McD's

But yeah, it was fun while I was there, even though I didn't really get to speaking to people properly (although that's really my fault because I'm just a quiet person). Rummy's face when he arrived at the tunnel and started naming everyone only to be stumped when he got to me was funny (although I think everyone was surprised when they met me). Although to be fair, it has been 2 year or something since I posted a picture so confusion was the be expected. Wish I had been around for the happenings later but never mind.

Sunday was a waste for me as well though. Because I was in London at 6.30 on Saturday and did so much walking, I couldn't walk on Sunday. Got as far as the Marble Arch and had to go back to the hotel. That roll of masking tape I had in my bad came in handy though for strapping up my right knee though.

I wondered where you got to, nice to have met you. Even if it were for a brief time, and even if i kept calling you Jesus or McBeth or William Wallace. Apologies again, but you reminded me of these persons. Probably that long hair and beard combo summed it up for me.

Anyway. What many have waited for since Saturday, my Hyde Park specials. This is the first of 2, this is the better one i believe. And the longer one, even though all the footage sums up 15 minutes (once i ridded of the crap/blurry rubbish).

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Jimbob

I am so surprised at everyone's love for IMPREGNATE ME SPERM BOY, I didn't think it had reached that far. :grin: I am extremely pleased. :)

Loving all the photos I look like a sexual beast/grotesque monster in all and oversized compared to everyone else. :p

Frank, thanks, I want to meet you to! :D: you should come to the next one. spinning.

ReZ's post is epic. :heart:

I then spent sometime with COOLNESS BEARS, he was a good giggle and he deserved a medal for putting up with me talking rubbish for 2 hours +!

Wow, I can't believe how long we chatted for. :o It was great fun, had a good laugh with you, pleasure to talk to. :grin:

You deserve a trophy for putting up with my nonsense for more then 10 minutes :heh:

Isla, Mood Ring. IT IS ON THE LIST. :yay:

I don't want to turn this into a game of "Point The Finger" (I'm just not huge on being partially blamed when I'm not really at fault) but I must admit I don't remember fannying around, or saying we'd be 2 minutes....considering I didn't even know where you guys were....I didn't really know how far away "The end of the road" was. :p

*So the group split up and became separated for some time.

That was pretty funny. "Yeah, we're at the other end of the road" was the advice we got. My response to ReZ, who was relaying the message to the group was "Yeah you know that road in London? There's only one, so you can't miss it. You're at one end, we're at the other." To make matters even funnier, when we eventually did find Jimbob, he was stood in a part of the park, so not even on the road. Priceless.

However upon arrival at the Trocadero we discovered the arcade was closed so walked to the nearby M&M World....which....was surprisingly gargantuan. Its like....ridiculously big. Heck its (cracks knuckles) the biggest one I've been to. (NY/Florida, bitches).

That place is like a massive multi coloured hell. I have no idea how they managed to fill 4 floors* with M&M crap. No fucking Idea. I also don't recall seeing a single normal packet of M&Ms. Impressive really.

*more like 3 and a half. Lying bastards.

We then went into the frozen yoghurt place. I love it. I love it so much it hurts. I mean it is expensive, but its a fucking treat. The flavours have already been touched upon, but to add - EEVILMURRAY had Waffle with Toffee and Cookies and Cream (I think) which is a fantastic choice (I assume) and Goafer had Banoffee and Apple Pie flavours, with waffle. Awesome. Dannyboy could put into words better than me why it was great, and I was happy to see us all enjoying our desserts. :)

That was a pro "meal". Sat in a nice warm place, eating mad waffles and talking crap whilst it belted down with rain outside. Then to further epicify things, Eevil complemented the buttery biscuit base, only for The Peeps to heroically unsheath his phone and point it at Youtube and locate the video. We had officially become "those guys sat in the corner blasting out tunes on their phones", but by God, at least we picked an epic tune. The place was pretty much empty anyway. WOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE.

Soon after EEVILMURRAY and Jimbob split to get their respective trains home, and Goafer, Cube, Dannyboy and ReZ wandered around aimlessly for five minutes before taking to the wobbly tabled hideout of The Slug and Lettuce where we had a MASSIVELY and THOROUGHLY enjoyable "Finale" to the meet. We just had a really nice conversation about N-E in general, the meet, politics, movies, and....it was just great.

This was indeed great. Considering ReZ was present, we had a surprisingly intelligent conversation. It was at this point that I realised just how good Dannyboy is at English. Very impressive. He was throwing round some rather large words without pausing, that most English people don't even know. Crazy.

Goafer and I got to Marylebone, I tried Burger King nuggers (surprisingly excellent!) and because of engineering works he could get my train/I could get his so him and I had a really great conversation all the way to Aylesbury.

That was indeed a good conversation. Was a nice little wind down to the whole weekend.

Despite the poor back up plans it....well...they didn't really ruin it, as even when we were standing around/getting wet it was fun. Absolutely brilliant meet - they seem to get better and better. :)

That's the thing, althought the plans turned to shit and rain (literally in both cases), it was still a great time. It's crazy how a bunch of people who have never met can get such a great time out of a shit situation. Even the tunnel had it's moments of greatness. Speaks volumes about the people who showed up. I can see how people got frustrated with the whole thing, but I went to spend time with great people and that's exactly what happened.

Plus we can't really blame anyone for the rain and we did have backup plans, but pubs were too busy by the time we had found everyone and the Trocadero was closed. Not a lot we could have done really.

This was indeed great. Considering ReZ was present, we had a surprisingly intelligent conversation. It was at this point that I realised just how good Dannyboy is at English. Very impressive. He was throwing round some rather large words without pausing, that most English people don't even know. Crazy.

Aw, thanks. :blush: Sunday was indeed a great end to a great weekend. Just a small group of great people loafing around, enjoying each other's company. It was just great, and a nice change of pace compared to the day before. :)

I like that we were quite nomadic at the meet. It made things more dynamic lol.

The best part may have been that fleeting moment of sunshine when we all converged near marble arch (except the pizza crew :(), which gave me an idea of how epic things could've been with better weather (not that the meet wasn't amazing).

It was great that everyone was so easy to get along with. It's one of the reasons why this forum is such a fantastic place, everyone is laid back and you can just be yourself.

That was pretty funny. "Yeah, we're at the other end of the road" was the advice we got. My response to ReZ, who was relaying the message to the group was "Yeah you know that road in London? There's only one, so you can't miss it. You're at one end, we're at the other." To make matters even funnier, when we eventually did find Jimbob, he was stood in a part of the park, so not even on the road. Priceless..

Had to "relieve" myself somewhere, didn't i.

Frozen Yoghurt, more like "Posh" Ice Cream. Me and EEVIL proving Rez wrong was good for a moment.

Edit

Part 2 of my videos, this one is a mix-match of footage. Random clips i recorded, enjoy people.

Edited by Jimbob

See that's what I've always enjoyed about the meets. The ability to have a chat with people you've never met before so easily. Ultimately the let down was that we didn't establish a back-up for teh rain we knew was coming. Perhaps next year if rain is certain we meet oxford street/leicester square area somewhere. Pub maybe, or that place you guys were outside the church? Pubs at 10am will be empty (if not closed :P) so it's smarter.

Good weather = park, duuuh.

Goaf - srs lol at your battleship comment :P

Having let my feelings and thoughts of the weekend mellow for a few days, I think that I've come away rather content with it all. I think a part of me wished that I had myself been on form/epic/memory forming but that simply was not the case. I hadn't shaved in days and felt like puking phlegm most of the time, and I hated standing up for hours, but realistically I had the fine chance to meet some great forumers. I think my dismay is mainly at the fact that I didn't get to chat more to the great forumers I met last time... But there's always next year! And if I'm ever in any city in the country for a period of time I'll alert the boards and attempt to arrange some sort of meet. We should all try and do this!

P.S. Watchng the fez vids tomorrow. Need to prepare myself.

Goaf - srs lol at your battleship comment :P

I secretly hoped to hear "You sunk my battleship......you bastard" to come back across the water. Alas, no such luck.

Does anyone have my paper telephone I started before I left? I really wanted it to survive/have a return journey to myself for me to chuckle at.

Telephone!

th_VIDEO0007.jpg

click to play

th_VIDEO0005.jpg

click to play

IMAG0109.jpg

th_VIDEO0006.jpg

click to play

Is it one of those? ^^ I posted videos of the three telephones, I don't think there were more?

(Narrated by Dyson)

Edited by The Peeps

Managed to busk 10p, just from cleaning my Fez out of paper. People were impressed, none more so than Danny (when I saw him) and Peeps.

I was amazed because I thought it was 10 POUNDS! :p

EDIT: OH! I completely forgot to mention the epic thing that happened when jayseven showed up. The first thing he did when he saw me was run straight over and hug me, and then the rest of the people there followed suit in a massive group hug. I felt loved. :)

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

And squashed at one point..........

I agree with the comments made by Jay and Peeps, this place and meets themselves are both excellent. There were no surprises to me when you met me, because i don't hold it back. If i say it here, i can say it in person. These boards are like a second home to me, a home from home at home if you want to call it that.

I found it so easy to talk to everyone, even those who i never met before.

I was amazed because I thought it was 10 POUNDS! :p

EDIT: OH! I completely forgot to mention the epic thing that happened when jayseven showed up. The first thing he did when he saw me was run straight over and hug me, and then the rest of the people there followed suit in a massive group hug. I felt loved. :)

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about the group hug. It was like a massive love fest, with Dannyboy as the chewy nougatey centre. Epic.

If there's one thing I love as much as the meet, it's being reminded of all the great times I'd forgotten.

Remember that time where we all had ice cream :)

How could I forget the buttery biscuit base?

oh lol I just remembered the ReZ moment with that video.

I was a bit concerned about playing it in there but we were pretty much the only ones there and it wasn't loud enough to bother anyone :p

WHO HAS THAT PICTURE AND WHY HAVE THEY NOT UPLOADED IT?

I think I learnt something from this meet. It's that when you get an itch the cause can be inches away from where it itches. So you can be scratching but doing nothing to abate the itch. (courtesy of two old women on the train home)