NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

I'm not sure I've been doing that right. I think I've had all the Mii's I got from the meet "killed", so I just keep hiring heroes.

I had someone make a room dark. Then told Eevil to fight.

*Eevil missed*

Second Strike *Eevil missed*

*Eevil missed*

The ghost can't see there is an opening to attack **Eevil missed*

Eevil flees.

See? That's fucking committment, that's round about more than all the shots you N-E people made in total for me.

Anyway had a mini meet of sorts with people today. Chat and coffee with Nami and Shorty and a brief meeting with Flink and Eenuh while he resisted the urge to buy everything in Forbidden Planet.

It's a shame we must've just missed you at this point. When I called you en route to Leicester Square, I heard the siren of a police car passing you, and then 20 seconds later it flew past us.

Then again, I might have bought even more things I didn't need from FB. And it would've only ruined my awkwardesome drunken goodbye to Fleenuh from the night prior.

Awww wish I could've gone to a nice Forbidden Planet, instead had to go to some crappy comic shop so ReZ could pick up some Super Dinosaur :p

Should've got that Kakashi costume from that shop in the Trocadero as well...

We kept saying under the bridge we were all going to a cafe/pub, then it kinda dwindled out :( We ended up in that paper maché construct where we were told to stop swearing.

Then our locations just got crazy.

Even if we don't have a "plan" of sorts for next year, we at least need a map with all the pubs clearly mapped out.

Yeah, I've already started looking for maps of cheap pubs(well, mainly Sam Smiths) and apparently there's actually loads all round. One day I'll pop up london maybe and check out which ones are decent for a big group thing. Also next year might have to be earlier in like June/earyl july time, cos for people travelling things might start getting expensive around then given the olympics and stuff.

The upstairs of that Sam Smiths place would've been fucking perfect if it hadn't been taken already :( Well open lounge area. I kept going up there to get my drinks since there were too many at the bar downstairs.

Looks like a great weekend was had by all, I'll have to try and get myself to the next one, If Danny can make it, there isn't really any excuse why I shouldn't from Bristol (aside from funds :p )

But yeah, with the Olympics next year would assume timing will be different?

What I really liked about the meet was that the online relationships immediately transferred to real world relations - never met some offline, but the friendships flowed easily. Like, how easy are some of you guys to get on with? Rummy, FLink, Dyson and jayseven are particularly easy to chat with (not saying the rest of us aren't, but those guys stand out).

I think I came over better this time than I did at the Sheffield one - was defo more chilled.

I didn't care that there wasn't really a plan - I liked milling around and chatting.

Sorry to those I didn't chat with much - I intended to.

Those that regret not coming and have lame-o excuses need to understand that we didn't just make it to the meet because we had a free Saturday and happened to be in London - we committed to this weeks ago and put off other things. It was a sacrifice. Make it the priority douchefaces.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Who else here owes me money for pizza?

Me and Retro I believe. I owe £13.90 (I think - large margarita, choc milkshake [if you've still got the recent]), what's your paypal email address?

Those that regret not coming and have lame-o excuses need to understand that we didn't just make it to the meet because we had a free Saturday and happened to be in London - we committed to this weeks ago and put off other things. It was a sacrifice. Make it the priority douchefaces.

I was just mentioning that I actually had a last minute opportunity to go.

I'm aware that it's a commitment.

But seeing as we have two weeks left of this project I knew we'd be having crunch time, so most people are working until 9 at night and on weekends.

I was aware it would be unlikely that I would have the weekend free.

Screw you, squirrel boy!

(Next year I will have finished uni so it's fine.)

(Love you really, squirrel boy.)

Admittedly for me it isn't much of a commitment as I'm an easy enough train ride away, but I always ensure I have the day to attend(I was joking about being lame, I think I'd always make the effort regardless). Tbh I'd feel a bit out of order not attending from so close when some people come from so far away! I didn't make the sheff meet cos I fell off the forums around the time, and found out a little too late to get my stuff sorted/was being a noob at the time. I'd definitely try and make any meets across the country though.

Me and Retro I believe. I owe £13.90 (I think - large margarita, choc milkshake [if you've still got the recent]), what's your paypal email address?

[email protected]

Retro's already PM'd me.

Definitely. Most of the excuses I've been hearing have been lame. Nami got her first Saturday off since she started her job, fought for it, to come to this. I put aside work and we travelled a fair way on the train. But hey, Dannyboy and Ine came from another country.

This has been in the pipeline since April. Heck, it's been in the pipeline since the first meet! If you want to come, you can do it, it's worth it.

It's a shame we must've just missed you at this point. When I called you en route to Leicester Square, I heard the siren of a police car passing you, and then 20 seconds later it flew past us.

Then again, I might have bought even more things I didn't need from FB. And it would've only ruined my awkwardesome drunken goodbye to Fleenuh from the night prior.

Yeah must have just missed each other. Sorry for having to dash off!

Definitely. Most of the excuses I've been hearing have been lame. Nami got her first Saturday off since she started her job, fought for it, to come to this. I put aside work and we travelled a fair way on the train. But hey, Dannyboy and Ine came from another country.

This has been in the pipeline since April. Heck, it's been in the pipeline since the first meet! If you want to come, you can do it, it's worth it.

But I was in Biiirimingham!

Oh and I didn't want to go :heh:

damn it.... pizza and minecraft jokes, dannyboy and ine (all the way from foreign lands!).... I'm raging that i couldn't afford to go :(

Oh hay.

Got up on Saturday. Friday night (Night night, not evening night) felt kind of sick (was never in jeopardy of not coming but I would have rather not felt sick) anyway in the morning, brushed teeth still felt mildly sick and then I felt that I was 100% probably going to be sick. I opened my mouth and the (Jayseven confirmed "acid" type saliva) started coming in my mouth. I let it pour out/spit it out....but let it pour out naturally kind of thing, not touching my tongue.....then....I FELT FINE! LOLZ! WIN!

Soooo....arrived at the train station earlier than anticipated/not really/but got on an earlier than anticipated train (7:30AM ish), and the journey went surprisingly quickly. Arrived at Marylebone and texted Goafer for update, as he said he may be delayed due to engineering work so I thought I might have had an extra long wait, but he was actually only 5 or so minutes away! Wahay, result.

We had epic bro sex and chatted whilst on the tewb to meet Jimbob at Bayswater. Luckily Jimbob had texted me on Friday saying he had scoped out the hotel and knew where it was, so that was good. Arrived, then Jimbob arrived and told him to lead the way.......but.....he didn't know where it was. :p He confirmed that he walked passed "A hotel" not "The hotel", so we had a quick look on Google Maps and walked to the hotel/hostel to drop off bags.

We were greeted by not-a-shit-hole and attractive European women. Hostel win.

We then headed for Hyde Park, and (I) was reasonably happy to discover it wasn't tooooo far away. We came into view of the Cafe, and I shouted out across the water "Jayseevvveeennnnnn", Goafer then commented that it was the "Most epic game of Battleships ever". We then saw a lone walker on the grass....Wild Odwin Appeared! We then saw Dannyboy and Ganepark before being quickly chased up by Jayseven and Cube. The meet had become more meaty.

We took for the cover of trees as it started to spit a little bit, and after a short talk we were joined by Captain Falcon and The Peeps. Somewhere in this I was talking about secret guests and then said something like "Well Eev........oh" and people guessed. I became scared for my safety/Prov Donk kicked me.

Light showers turned into epic rain, so lead by Odwin we headed for the cafe. We reached the cafe and realised that Plan B was a shit plan, and that rain is epic hax. So on-the-fly Plan C began - under the bridge (ahhhhhhhh). Rummy, Marcamillian, and EEVILMURRAY soon joined the growing mass of intimidating troll men. Despite it being a shit location (quite literally) we enjoyed a few small discussions, and nice photo opportunities. Then my eyes lit up as I saw Eddage......and ANOTHER FIGURE WITH HIM! It could only be his cousin Retro Link and one of my number one wants*. Coolness Bears appeared to my delight, and Daft then skidded in on his bike like a pr0. I don't think I've forgotten anyone yet.....

We decided that we needed to find a pub/something. And ASAP. Rummy/Marc/or Someone left to find one....as it was raining....or something...but returned, swapping out for Daft (the wheeled one), who soon returned and proclaimed having found a spot. We left and headed elsewhere......eventually finding a WEIRD BLACK HOUSE OF FUN, we walked in and (personally) I was stunned to see a fairly nice seating area and hidden crazy garden. I wish I moved around a bit more here to be honest,....the way we were sat (unavoidable) meant we were very LOOOOONNNGGG but not faaaaaattttt, and had I realised that (*) I would have made more of an effort to head for the other end of the group which soon contained Shorty, Nami (probably the most easy person to talk to I've ever met. Not even joking.....also so happy she could turn anyone around from suicide IMO), Charlie/The-Member-Formerly-Known-As-Moira, Dyson and BrianMcoy's not-black Assistant as well as other members already there (Eddage/Retro/Coolness particularly as I hadn't had a chance to speak to yet). I also discovered that Prov Donk was missing. I assumed that someone had kidnapped him for a joke.....the ACTUAL sadness/complete lack of understanding at how he went missing occured when I/we left everyone else and no one got him out saying "Surprise!" :p

Then the badness occured.

Rez kept fannying around saying he’d be 2 minutes etc. 10 minutes of waiting, no sign so we carried on.

I don't want to turn this into a game of "Point The Finger" (I'm just not huge on being partially blamed when I'm not really at fault) but I must admit I don't remember fannying around, or saying we'd be 2 minutes....considering I didn't even know where you guys were....I didn't really know how far away "The end of the road" was. :p

*So the group split up and became separated for some time.

But in some kind of communication mix up, a group had left the safety of the black room of win, and we got everyone together to meet them outside...but they had already started walking. So we just got everyone together, and soon Flink and Eenuh emerged from the bushes/park and we walked towards wherever we were going. Finally caught up and found the split off group even smaller, we were dropping like flies. I was MOST disgusted to see about six or so people eating MOTHER FUCKING MCDONALDS where KFC was just a few doors down. My brain couldn't understand the decision making of these members and so I gathered some sensible people and journeyed to KFC (along with two McDonalds eaters who realised the error in their ways and demanded I bring them back chicken). Crispy Strips are so fucking win.

After consumption of the chicken we discussed the next stage of action. I believe we should have gone to the pub, but we decided to go to the Trocadero. At least Daft and I would be able to have another stab at Jungle Gun Game and get an even larger compatibility score. However upon arrival at the Trocadero we discovered the arcade was closed so walked to the nearby M&M World....which....was surprisingly gargantuan. Its like....ridiculously big. Heck its (cracks knuckles) the biggest one I've been to. (NY/Florida, bitches). Had a small chat with a god damn stunning blonde who was singing along to Britney on the way out. They employed a lot of nice people.

We then strolled to Trafalgar Square, and milled around there waiting for the others/who by this point I was becoming increasingly "concerned" for, but they emerged, we headed into the pub and Goafer (and Murray? Daft? Can't remember) but someone hawked a table that was about to become free and we consumed the area. Soon after Retro and Eddage left, and I was like "Oh fuck I've barely even spoken to them" :(, which was my number 1 guilt/sadness, as I actually do adore Retro and I was so chuffed that I saw he had come - Retro, come next time and I promise to make it upto you - probably involving sex.

Anyway, it certainly wasn't ideal with the forced arrangement that we had to get into, but it was a god damn step up not having to worry about rain, or squelch about in horrible puddles/get told off for swearing (of which I wasn't really the main target of which I usually am, so that was hilarious/awesome OH AND ODWIN FILMED IT HAHAAHAHAH) I havn't watched it back yet but I will upload soon. Anyway yeah, but it was fantastic we got to have some great conversations and drew some epic doodles and planned some insane movies. Daft made me listen to/introduced me to Danger and I...really quite loved. I told Bard Linkin Park were awesome (Lol), Molly arrived and soon started flaming me because (we are meeting up with old work friends on the day Captain America comes out and I said I might/will be late due to Cap) but now I think I might go cos' it'd be awesome and.....I hate myself but Cap might have to wait 12 hours. Hate. Anyway, was great to have epic conversations with the couple of different/rotating groups I did have conversation withs....despite the constant barrage of wet willies that were coming my way. :p

Murray then started hating on me for my epically tasting and Dyson-approved Ribena Raspberry, IMPREGNATE ME SPERM-BOY, Dannyboy-the-Dane sexiness, Bard arm muscles, Daft leg muscles, Gary Trotter, Peeps verbal punking, Goafermax5000 pro photo making, general awesomeness. EVERYONE at the meet was absolutely awesome, I'm serious, you're all so great and I was so so so happy and kind of proud that so many people (including a lot of people who put in a shit load of effort getting there) turned out. Again I apologise for not diverting my attention the way of more people...it gets difficult in such a large group, but for anyone who felt shunned I will make it upto you next time. Certainly be sad to see anyone who went this time not come next time. :p

People started leaving soon, and the hostel crew (ReZ, Goafer, Peeps, Cube, EEVIL, Jimbob) decided to head to the hostel. A short tube journey later, on the ride over we had discussed hunger issues and decided that some sort of dinner would be purchased. To my fucking delight we stepped out and saw.....SO MANY OPTIONS (that we/I just didn't notice that morning), Subway, Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut blah blah. Burger King obviously won, and the pr0 mofos (I think just....Cube and I? Or was it Peeps and I?) chose the epic XL Bacon Dubz.

Jimbob then headed for McDonalds (potentially a bad decision :p) and hit up a Big Mac. He walked in and walked out almost instantly - fast food indeed.

The sensible ones of us (i.e. not me) ate on the way to the hostel, I however did not.

Now....I thought I read all the small print (and I'm pretty sure I'm in the right/ I did as it wasn't the only "mistake") but we got there and they wanted a £10 cash deposit each aswell. Bit annoying, but we actually were all pretty good, so it was fine, and after the surprisingly long process of checking in (I.D. checks and such) we got into the room. Not 100% sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting two triple bunks. Haha, it was quite a sight. I didn't actually mind though....I bagsied a bottom bunk due to my fat-ness/worrydom for anyone below me and after taking wet shoes off/generally us all orientating ourselves and chilling out we tucked into warm Burger King. Still bloody delicious.

Soon after we all took to the bunks. On my side it was me, Goafer, The Peeps on the other side it was Jimbob, EEVILMURRAY, Cube.

I then busted out the Balderdash. This was such an epic game - none of us had to get out of our bunks. It was hilarious and pro. Basically, Balderdash is a game where you get a card and on that card are questions/options (like Trivial Pursuit) but what everyone has to do is LIE and make up the "------" of the question. So you get acronyms, laws, people...blah...so like "V.O.D." and you lie and say "Vaginal Organ Donours" and stuff. Then one person reads them all out including the correct answer, and you get points for guessing the correct answer and points for people guessing your lie (basically). It was so cool, us all writing down answers and drawing penises' if we had time (even when we didn't) and passing them up or down to that turns GM, with the people in the middle bunks giggling as they caught a glimpse of a giant chodey cock or a nice little vagina with a petruding meaty clitoris poking out.

So fucking funny. My god. It was immense. Every turn only about 3 of the answers were serious, with some of the best answers being "Oprah Winfrey's Massive Brown Gash" (not racist) and (Others I cannot remember or will edit in) but it was very funny.

We had such a laugh, and thus massive shout out to all of you guys. Meeting Cube and The Peeps for the first time - I absolutely loved them both as much as I thought I would. :D

I think Balderdash winded up about 1:30AM or so. We talked for a bit, and decided to go to sleep around 2:15AM I think it was. About 10 minutes later and EEVILMURRAY was already out for the count - it takes me fucking forever to get to sleep....however....how EEVILMURRAY slept through the next event was a miracle. I started hearing gurgling and I thought "Thats a weird snore" then I heard a blast of liquid hitting the floor. After a short pause I suggested the lights be turned on.

Poor old Jimbob had plastered the floor (very impressive to be honest), I asked him if he was okay, and felt kind of bad cos' when you feel ill its not exactly an easy or nice task to clean up (not least when all you have to do so is basically toilet paper), but....well I wasn't gonna help haha. Kudos to Jimbob though because he did a pretty fucking awesome job at cleaning it up, it was certainly very potent for a while but after cleaning it and spraying everything with Lynx the smell pretty much disappeared and we went to sleep again about 3AM. EEVILMURRAY having slept through all of this and Cube remaining silent with the bed curtains closed - a good call. :p

In the morning we got ready, watched a small bit of a recent Comedy Rainbow and of course my recent 999 Water Safety video which everyone loved and said stuff like "Deserves a BAFTA". We headed downstairs, checked out and got our deposits back (jokes on them!) (although they have all our details) and headed to Leicester Square to meet up with Dannyboy (and possibly Daft/Bard but I guess they were too hungover) :p.

So we had grown in size and we headed for the AWESOME Orbital Comics, I love this shop. So good how they have the last MONTHS worth of books so nicely laid out. I picked up a few issues I was missing, managed to get The Peeps onto Dynamo 5 which I was chuffed with getting someone else onto, and Dannyboy and Cube both found something nice to buy too. (Oh,....this was after a breakfast in Subway. Although I was saving myself for Frozen Yoghurt/Chinese)

After that we headed.....around. We hit a small money game arcade, a funny little roulette machine that made you pay your credit before withdrawing, which is a shit way of doing it...but alas. Jimbob used his busking money to like...quadruple his profit! :D

We then went into the frozen yoghurt place. I love it. I love it so much it hurts. I mean it is expensive, but its a fucking treat. The flavours have already been touched upon, but to add - EEVILMURRAY had Waffle with Toffee and Cookies and Cream (I think) which is a fantastic choice (I assume) and Goafer had Banoffee and Apple Pie flavours, with waffle. Awesome. Dannyboy could put into words better than me why it was great, and I was happy to see us all enjoying our desserts. :)

We went to M&M world again this time visiting the bottom floors and seeing the "Mixing Lab" which is a window into a fake lab, with two actual human being employees sorting the M&Ms into colours into plastic trays to buy. :/

I said to Goafer "Jeez, is this just a human zoo? Its so degrading" and he said "Well it is when you film it" (I was filming it). Hahahaha.

Soon after EEVILMURRAY and Jimbob split to get their respective trains home, and Goafer, Cube, Dannyboy and ReZ wandered around aimlessly for five minutes before taking to the wobbly tabled hideout of The Slug and Lettuce where we had a MASSIVELY and THOROUGHLY enjoyable "Finale" to the meet. We just had a really nice conversation about N-E in general, the meet, politics, movies, and....it was just great.

Dannyboy hasn't seen Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. And we discussed how people havn't seen things (Like me Terminator) but I really did find it unacceptable - Dannyboy, I absolutely IMPLORE you to see it ASAP. I don't really "like" Batman but they are staggeringly great films. Hell you KNOW you'll like them, like you said, but yeah. Do it asap. :)

So Goafer and I then said goodbye to the others (well we got the tube together) as said bumped into Fleenuh who had just seen Ashley who was avoiding everyone else it seems :p, and we boarded the tube.

Goafer and I got to Marylebone, I tried Burger King nuggers (surprisingly excellent!) and because of engineering works he could get my train/I could get his so him and I had a really great conversation all the way to Aylesbury.

Despite the poor back up plans it....well...they didn't really ruin it, as even when we were standing around/getting wet it was fun. Absolutely brilliant meet - they seem to get better and better. :)

It was so cool, us all writing down answers and drawing penises'

Out of the six that were present, I'm fairly sure Jimbob, Peeps, Cube, Goafer and myself didn't draw any penises and bulging clits.

I honestly don't know how I managed to sleep through the whole vomit scenario, personally disgraced. When's the footage coming up?

Pimps with privileges though.

It was so cool, us all writing down answers and drawing penises'

Out of the six that were present, I'm fairly sure Jimbob, Peeps, Cube, Goafer and myself didn't draw any penises and bulging clits.

I honestly don't know how I managed to sleep through the whole vomit scenario, personally disgraced. When's the footage coming up?

Pimps with privileges though.

Ah yes hahaha. No but I definitely received a small and unembellished penis from either Goafer or Peeps once. It came from above me, definitely.

As for the footage, I will start on it tomorrow. Got Breaking Bad, Family Guy and Sirens to watch tonight. Job again and back to having no time *cries*.

We then went into the frozen yoghurt place. I love it. I love it so much it hurts. I mean it is expensive, but its a fucking treat. The flavours have already been touched upon, but to add - EEVILMURRAY had Waffle with Toffee and Cookies and Cream (I think) which is a fantastic choice (I assume) and Goafer had Banoffee and Apple Pie flavours, with waffle. Awesome. Dannyboy could put into words better than me why it was great, and I was happy to see us all enjoying our desserts.

Damn right Goafer and I went for the waffles.

It was either £4 for one scoop which you lot paid for, £6 for two larger scoops. Or £9.95 for two pr0 scoops, hot waffle with the buttery biscuit base, whipped cream and sauce.

Getting value for money - Classic mafia tactic.

He he, that was fun reading all about bits I missed from the meet and reminders of all the fun times which were had :D

REZ your last post was epic, yet rather amusing! Next meet I must have a longer chat with you!

I really enjoyed the meet!! I know I'm not on here much but you're all so welcoming and I had lots of fun despite the rain of doom.

So from Nami's ponit of view (an edited version, I don't want to go on too much as you don't know me that well) :

Me and Shorty got the train, I had a cup of tea but I didn't like as it tasted like the inside of a flask, boo! But it was all fine apart from that!

Then we arrived in London!!! I don't leave Sheffield much so this was REALLLY EXCITING for me!

Then it rained and I have to admit, I got a little grumpy (sorry SHORTY ) as I didn't wear my wellies and I was miffed at myself for not being prepared for everything.

Then we got hold of JAYSEVEN and we had to find him, we went under a bridge and found a piece of paper saying poo and I knew we were on the right track (I don't know REZ well but I've seen some of his videos). Then we officially joined the meet! TWOZZOK also arrived at the same time almost and I got coffee at a reasonable price for Hyde park.

I then met all you guys!!! I only really got chatting with MR ODWIN and a few other fellas at this stage. I must apologise MR ODWIN as I wiped some horrid egg mayo stuff on your favourite piece of paper, :D I didn't like it!

Then everyone moved, I followed and we met EENUH and FLINK! Aww you guys are ace, I enjoyed talking with you until we found the big jelly babies.

Miss some bits out now as we weren't with you guys.....

And back to the meet at the pub, it took a while to catch up with you but when we did it was awesome!! I wish we'd had more time there so I could have chatted to everyone but hey, there's always next meet :)

The great artistic creations we made in the pub were rather funny! I've enjoyed looking back through them, impregnate me sperm boy was quite possibly the highlight for me.

I then spent sometime with COOLNESS BEARS, he was a good giggle and he deserved a medal for putting up with me talking rubbish for 2 hours +!

Me, SHORTY, EENUH, FLINK and COOLNESS then left for grub and didn't get chance to say a proper good bye to you all :( but there'll be next year, looking forward to it already :D

It was nice to see ASHLEY on Sunday too :)

It was an ace weekend :D :D

Looks like a great weekend was had by all, I'll have to try and get myself to the next one, If Danny can make it, there isn't really any excuse why I shouldn't from Bristol (aside from funds :p )

In my case it's actually been planned for a pretty long time. I'd mentioned the annual meet to my parents and just remarked that I'd love to go sometime, and after I graduated last year they decided to give me a family vacation to London as a graduation gift, specifically intended to coincide with the meet. That's also why I was so ecstatic about meeting so many people - because I have no idea when/if I'll have the funds and time to go to another meet.

Post of win

It was a complete surprise meeting you and Shorty there and I think you must be the easiest person to talk to for the first time I've ever met. It was a real pleasure :D And Shorty too for that matter. Pretty much the best time.