NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

I like what this thread is about!

(sorry got to get 15th post so I can post in music...)

Of course it'll be worth it. I won't be there! ;)

Don't have to go to the meet not to see you. :heh:

Just found out my family are by chance going to London this weekend so might tag along with them and pop over to see everyone at some point!

What are your plans?

Had saturday and sunday booked off work. Was all fine. Find out today that they've put me back on to work =\ I have to phone up tomorrow and get them to change it back.

Had saturday and sunday booked off work. Was all fine. Find out today that they've put me back on to work =\ I have to phone up tomorrow and get them to change it back.

Similar problem to me this is, except work won't change their minds. The boss of the department is a right cock when it comes to time-keeping and punctuality.

The boss of the department is a right cock when it comes to time-keeping and punctuality.

Funny that...

Similar problem to me this is, except work won't change their minds. The boss of the department is a right cock when it comes to time-keeping and punctuality.

Wait what? You mean they make you work the actual hours your paid for? Unbelievable...what the hell is the world coming to.

Wait what? You mean they make you work the actual hours your paid for? Unbelievable...what the hell is the world coming to.

That isn't the issue, i have no problem working the hours i agree to. My issue is that since i can't drive, some start times can pose a problem due to trains running late etc. He takes no excuses, and is in-flexible with working back time etc. Currently, i try and stay later to build up time to use. He comes along and signs me off at precisely home-time. Bit of a tit really.

Been checking early weather reports, so far there is a chance of showers so brollys at the ready.

That isn't the issue, i have no problem working the hours i agree to. My issue is that since i can't drive, some start times can pose a problem due to trains running late etc. He takes no excuses, and is in-flexible with working back time etc. Currently, i try and stay later to build up time to use. He comes along and signs me off at precisely home-time. Bit of a tit really.

Been checking early weather reports, so far there is a chance of showers so brollys at the ready.

That's not his problem though is it really? Same problems can occur with driving due to traffic, accidents, diversions etc...? Can't have one rule for drivers and another for people who get to work via public transport. Also if you contracted to work those hours he can send you home when its home time...

Your agreed to the hours when you signed on the doted line!

aye you get away with it on occasion but if you do its regularly they have every right to put you under disciplinary procedures.

Your agreed to the hours when you signed on the doted line! That's not his problem though is it really? Same problems can occur with driving due to traffic, accidents, diversions etc...? Can't have one rule for drivers and another for people who get to work via public transport. Also if you contracted to work those hours he can send you home when its home time...

I signed my contract with one set of hours upon it, since then the contracts have changed so much i don't know my shifts until the day before. I'm sure what they do to them is wrong, but as i signed the back page they've changed the front page with the hours on so much, it isn't funny no more.

I initially agreed to work 10am-6:30 M-W+F, 11am-8pm-Th and 8:30am-4pm-Sa. Now, they say 11:30am-8pm-Th and 7:30am-4pm-Sa. When i agreed to the first, which they say were wrong.

Oh, the Friday and Saturdays are alternate.

aye you get away with it on occasion but if you do its regularly they have every right to put you under disciplinary procedures.

Disciplinary for working over-time. Unheard of

I signed my contract with one set of hours upon it, since then the contracts have changed so much i don't know my shifts until the day before. I'm sure what they do to them is wrong, but as i signed the back page they've changed the front page with the hours on so much, it isn't funny no more.

I initially agreed to work 10am-6:30 M-W+F, 11am-8pm-Th and 8:30am-4pm-Sa. Now, they say 11:30am-8pm-Th and 7:30am-4pm-Sa. When i agreed to the first, which they say were wrong.

Oh, the Friday and Saturdays are alternate.

Disciplinary for working over-time. Unheard of

Of course they did, its always someone elses fault! You realise thats illegal to actually change pages of the contract so I doubt they did that?! Probably more likely I bet your contract says somewhere that they can distribute you as they see fit and alter your hours.

I think Raining_again meant disciplinary for being late!

Of course they did, its always someone elses fault! You realise thats illegal to actually change pages of the contract so I doubt they did that?! Probably more likely I bet your contract says somewhere that they can distribute you as they see fit and alter your hours.

I think Raining_again meant disciplinary for being late!

Well, they kept changing parts of the contract and handing me the new bits. I have 4 different hour pages and 2 emails stating hours. One week for July, i'm working way over 42 hours. Around 60 at last check.

But anyway, this isn't the right thread for this.

Well, they kept changing parts of the contract and handing me the new bits. I have 4 different hour pages and 2 emails stating hours. One week for July, i'm working way over 42 hours. Around 60 at last check.

But anyway, this isn't the right thread for this.

Meh why not...tons of threads get derailed all the time! Working over your hours is a common thing. Sucks but it happens. I've done 70+ hours in past jobs! First week at HMV I worked 64 hours and didn't get paid for any of the overtime!

if it's raining then should we meet by the caff the other side of the serpentine, near the diana memorial? No point sitting on wet grass...

My Dad is driving to London early in the morning so it looks like I should be there for about 10, half 10 and I won't have to get up super early for the train : peace:

Once I get my days off back.

Overnight bus booked for Friday (get into London at 6.40am :o Will need to find a Starbucks or something to pass some time), train for Monday booked back up to Edinburgh and hotel booked (I think so anyway. Mother sorted it all out so I'll take her word for it).

Looks like you'll have to put up with me at this year's meet afterall (and perhaps any Sunday happenings if there's any) :santa:

Phoned up work, all was fine. Should have the days off as planned. Could all change again tomorrow though :laughing:

Fantastic to see so many people making the effort. Looks to be the biggest turn out, most global selection of members and generally teh hax winblog.

At the moment the Sunday Mega Fest (as declared by me, but if anyone has any problems/suggestions then air them!) is to go to Leicester Square, (cos its cool) have a Chinese in China Town, and hit the frozen yogurt place (either before as a palletteeee cleansing winblog or after if we aren't too full) maybe find an arcade or something/etc.

:)

if it's raining then should we meet by the caff the other side of the serpentine, near the diana memorial? No point sitting on wet grass...

What café would that be? I'm going to need specific instructions. :heh:

Fantastic to see so many people making the effort. Looks to be the biggest turn out, most global selection of members and generally teh hax winblog.

At the moment the Sunday Mega Fest (as declared by me, but if anyone has any problems/suggestions then air them!) is to go to Leicester Square, (cos its cool) have a Chinese in China Town, and hit the frozen yogurt place (either before as a palletteeee cleansing winblog or after if we aren't too full) maybe find an arcade or something/etc.

:)

Indeed, it looks like it'll be pretty epic! :D

That sounds good. :) When and where do you people plan on meeting up Sunday? Leicester Square?

I concur.

wtf 10 char limit!? since when Oo;

What café would that be? I'm going to need specific instructions. :heh:

Indeed, it looks like it'll be pretty epic! :D

That sounds good. :) When and where do you people plan on meeting up Sunday? Leicester Square?

It's pretty obvious when you're there I think, it's like thge only cafe in sight on the serpentine if I recall maybe?

It's pretty obvious when you're there I think, it's like thge only cafe in sight on the serpentine if I recall maybe?

Just want to make sure. I get lost easily. :heh: