NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

Well this is fairly close to me. I'm at UCL which is right next to Euston station...

How many people were there last year? Does anyone remember?

Seems like this year will be a pretty big gathering, if all those people on the list actually show up. =P

Like Rummy said, any idea when it will be starting?

I do hope they don't have that cycling thing going on this year, or whatever it was. Made things a bit annoying with the helicopter heh.

I'm definitely going to be there this year, and gonna try to stay sober until the evening =p.

I don't think the cycling thing will be there this year. Wasn't last years meet on a different date?

How many people were there last year? Does anyone remember?

Seems like this year will be a pretty big gathering, if all those people on the list actually show up. =P

Like Rummy said, any idea when it will be starting?

I do hope they don't have that cycling thing going on this year, or whatever it was. Made things a bit annoying with the helicopter heh.

Around 16 peeps last year, which is excellent. You can count on me being there, i decided that work or not i shall be there.

Hopefully no cycling peeps this year, or annoying helecopters

.......or ginger kids attempting to make friends with his football.

Good to hear you're coming down bro :)

I'm going to aim to be there fairly early - like 9am-10am to get some quality general chit-chat under way. I'll probably leave at some sort of sensible time because I can't be arsed to commit money to staying anywhere just yet.

I'll be getting there asap really, probs with Zell! What did everyone do last year and how long can I expect it to go on for? Pretty excited :)

I'll probably be there reasonably early to get the most out of the day. :)

I'll be around from 9am, if anyone wants to meet early. Shall let you know my location, and possibly number if you so wish to meet earlier.

9 am seems wayyyyy too early for me haha. I need my sleep. Wasn't it 11 last year or something?

I'm going early because I'll be aiming to head off by dark, and I have this absurd normal sleep/wake pattern. Only an hour away or so.

Oh and I'm not saying "LET'S GO DOWN AND DO FUN STUFF!!" I'm literally hoping someone wants to sit in the park and do nothing but chiiill/read a book/play chess/do nothing, is all. I expect things will kick off 11am-1pm :)

9 am seems wayyyyy too early for me haha. I need my sleep. Wasn't it 11 last year or something?

That was the time i was around last year, met up with Goafer and Rez around 10am.

Oh and I'm not saying "LET'S GO DOWN AND DO FUN STUFF!!" I'm literally hoping someone wants to sit in the park and do nothing but chiiill/read a book/play chess/do nothing, is all. I expect things will kick off 11am-1pm

I'm for that, like to chat to you all as such.

Not sure if I'd be able to make it that early.

My stepsister is getting married on the 15th which makes things complicated. I was expecting to be in London for Uni but now I have this wedding to go to, I'll have to stay in Swindon. I have to go to Ealing a few times a year for my course but now I have to see if I can come in on another date and book the new weekend off work while keeping the original weekend booked off for the meet!

I'll be around from 9am, if anyone wants to meet early. Shall let you know my location, and possibly number if you so wish to meet earlier.

I'll see if I can get up that early, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there at 10 at the latest. I can PM you my number, and you can PM me yours. :) When I have a Danish phone in England, do I need to type the country code when calling/texting people? And what about when you want to contact me?

I'm literally hoping someone wants to sit in the park and do nothing but chiiill/read a book/play chess/do nothing, is all.

I'm so in favour of this! :D

I'll see if I can get up that early, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there at 10 at the latest. I can PM you my number, and you can PM me yours. :) When I have a Danish phone in England, do I need to type the country code when calling/texting people? And what about when you want to contact me?

Pretty sure you still need the country code.

Also, you're paying quite a bit per text. Definitely don't call as it's super expensive.

Pretty sure you still need the country code.

Also, you're paying quite a bit per text. Definitely don't call as it's super expensive.

I have free texting, but I have no idea if that works outside Denmark. But it's potentially just a few texts we're talking about, so I'm not worried.

I'll see if I can get up that early, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there at 10 at the latest. I can PM you my number, and you can PM me yours. When I have a Danish phone in England, do I need to type the country code when calling/texting people? And what about when you want to contact me?

I know you need to use +44, which is the area code for the UK. Texting would be easier, as Eenuh said. It would be expensive calling if you ain't got a UK phone.

Your best bet would probably be to get a single top-up card for £10 while you're over here, should last you if you shop around. When you're in the UK you'll be automatically on a UK network, so you won't need the country code prefix.

Your best bet would probably be to get a single top-up card for £10 while you're over here, should last you if you shop around. When you're in the UK you'll be automatically on a UK network, so you won't need the country code prefix.

Ah, okay. Why would I need a top-up card?

Worth asking if anyone has a spare sim -- they're frequently practically given away! Not sure if unlocking your phone would be an issue, mind you.

Me or shorty?

Get a uk SIM card, it'll be uk number that dials and charges at uk rates so you'll avoid international charges that you'd get on your current SIM card. The SIM card is the thing that goes in your phone under the battery, y'dig? Shorty's saying get a UK sim with £10 of credit that should cover you for the time you're here... Yeah I dunno what you don't know or if this is helpful :)

Oh, I know what a SIM card is, I just thought it was a lot of hassle. I mean, how many texts am I gonna send while I'm there - 2, 3, 10 max? How expensive can that be?

Oh, I know what a SIM card is, I just thought it was a lot of hassle. I mean, how many texts am I gonna send while I'm there - 2, 3, 10 max? How expensive can that be?

A SIM card is the little plastic card with a chip on that goes in your phone.

simcard.jpg