NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

There are moments formed and memories crafted. Next year I'm in it for the long-weekend. This is one of my annual 'holidays' to look forward to!

You had me going for a minute, you git :heh:

I was hoping to meet you, and see if you left large pauses between all of your sentences.

Then again, McCoy doesn't talk in third person and neither ReZ, Daft or Bard spoke in their respective colours so the illusion was already shattered.

Mcoy's representative you mean? :D

I want credit for the tunnel pic!!

(See? Tradition. Never in the group pic...)

Thanks for taking the one of me smoking. I didn't realise you were even doing it. I think it sums up my feelings of the day up to that point :P

You suck. I was gutted when I heard you weren't returning! I barely got to properly speak to you. b00000000000!

Oh dude, trust me I wish circumstances were different. When we moved from location to location I was kinda having to hold back because other people were on their way and had contact with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the brief chats we had, and that brevity is the keystone to all that I regret about the day! Next time, bro.

My highlights:

People yelling "Falcon Text!" or "Falcon Handshake!" etc. every time Captain Falcon did something.

Flink being all macho by not holding the rail on the underground, only to fall on to a stranger. Even the guy he fell on laughed.

"IMPREGNATE ME SPERM BOY!"

Mr Odwin video interviewing me and referring to me by my real name, I asked if he knew my name because of my signature, he replied that it was from Facebook, only for me to embarrass myself by saying "We're friends on Facebook?!". He ended the interview immediately.

All brilliant moments! :D

Sounds like an awesome time was had, shame I couldn't make it!

I'm sad at the loss of the Provocative Donkey though, RIP :(

Well yeah it looks like it got awesome ONCE WE ALL GOT TO A PLACE AND SAT DOWN.

Such as a pub. A plan someone should have come up with much sooner. Daft did save the day with the black box, but then it all fell apart again.

This is also why parks work, the point of the meet is to meet imo. A park is nice because we aren't intruding/intimidating and allows mobility of moving around mingling with all the various folk present.

I'm annoyed because it possibly was the crappest of all the meets so far AND doesn't do any favours for those who attended from afar, and also cos it only seems to have got good when i left and I'm all bitter :(

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing everyone, but spending half the day asking/wondering/planning what to do next doesn't give us lots of room for other, possibly better, conversation.

Oh dude, trust me I wish circumstances were different. When we moved from location to location I was kinda having to hold back because other people were on their way and had contact with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the brief chats we had, and that brevity is the keystone to all that I regret about the day! Next time, bro.

Totally. It just all felt far too brief.

I really hope someone there just stole Prov Donk.

Make a ransom video and put it on YouTube.

Or let us hear what PD really thinks about that cum-filled prick that is... ReZ.

(I actually felt mean about that comment.)

Such as a pub. A plan someone should have come up with much sooner. Daft did save the day with the black box, but then it all fell apart again.

This is also why parks work, the point of the meet is to meet imo. A park is nice because we aren't intruding/intimidating and allows mobility of moving around mingling with all the various folk present.

I'm annoyed because it possibly was the crappest of all the meets so far AND doesn't do any favours for those who attended from afar, and also cos it only seems to have got good when i left and I'm all bitter :(

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing everyone, but spending half the day asking/wondering/planning what to do next doesn't give us lots of room for other, possibly better, conversation.

Totally. It just all felt far too brief.

I was one of the from-afar attendees, and I had a blast ...

Anyway, the main problem really was the weather and lack of a good back-up plan.

What the problem was that even when we had a back up plan (Rummy, myself and a few others mentioned pub quite a bit) it never materialised because people kept disappearing off to get booze/food or whatever and we couldn't do anything. We really needed to just make a decision and go with it but its hard to do when there are so many people. Anyway, for the couple hours I was therre I thought it was great fun.

I turned up at the pub quite late in the day, walked straight through into the gents loo (mistakenly!) and into The Bard, who was very surprised to see me there! Then saw flinkly who was even more shocked... but completely awesome and introduced me to people. I had a lot of fun, drank cider and had some good chats. I also touched/grabbed/caressed several arms and pecs, which was brilliant! Was really lovely to have people asking me to come back. You're a good bunch, glad I came along :)

We had a random surprise moment right at the end of the second day, too. Everyone was heading home (I was stuck in London for a bit) so we, as in Me, ReZ, Goafer and Dannyboy, headed to the tube from Leicester Square (from there, we were heading in separate directions) and to our surprise there was Flink and Eenuh, which is quite a coincidence considering how frequent the trains are.

Although I was utterly baffled as someone shouted out "PEEPS" when they saw them.

N-Europe meet day Saturday 16th July 2011

Photos interspersed.

Arrived at around 9:30am at Bayswater. Met up with Rez and Goafer outside the station. Typical me, arriving late because the hotel I was in didn’t check me out until after 9am.

Headed to the park soon after, as you can see

109-1.jpg

110-1.jpg

Met up with Dannyboy

113-1.jpg

Ganepark32

112-1.jpg

Mr_Odwin

114-1.jpg

Prov Donk

115-1.jpg

Jayseven

116-1.jpg

And Cube

118-1.jpg

Started out well under the trees, then it began to rain. Not that I noticed, because by then I was hunting down the location of The Peeps. He was on the wrong side of the pond (which after what transpired, turned to be the right side). Should have left him there, oh well. Rez’s back-up plan for the café worked for 30 seconds, then we discovered we were in the way and there weren’t enough seats to go around (think only me and Falcon had seats, and they were ones we found). Had to find a 2nd alternative location, which was under the bridge.

More guests arrived, including one of the “mystery guests” who Rez revealed minutes earlier. Rez was punished, by the one and only EEVILMURRAY

125-1.jpg

Decided the tunnel we found as the alternative wasn’t good enough (plus, with the fact that Rez sign posted “Poo”) made things more iffy for some members. Also, Rummy, Marcamillan, Retro, Daft and Eddage arrived soon afterwards, which was nice. Great bunch of peeps, nice to see everyone again. Moved on again, to the Serphantine. Where we met with more members, including Dyson, Shorty, Mcoy (‘s slave)

128-1.jpg

129-1.jpg

130-1.jpg

It was from this location that disaster struck. Rez bought the Prov Donk along, and it went missing. Who knows where he went, he was upset for a while. Got a video of me interviewing everyone, no-one owned up to having the Prov Donk. Sad day indeed, and a shame for Rez. He will probably never see that Donkey again.

Moving on, we planned to go for food in various locations, Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonalds were named as locations. During the process of walking out of the park, we split into 3 groups unprepared for the next.

I went with EEVIL, Danny, Retro and Eddage (after Dyson, Daft, Mcoy(‘s slave) and Dyson split earlier, taking a short-cut). Rez kept fannying around saying he’d be 2 minutes etc. 10 minutes of waiting, no sign so we carried on. At the end of the park, I had to go, so waited for Rez and co (with the additions of Ine and Flink). Got to Marble Arch, found Dyson and co eating a Mccy D’s. Decided to go to KFC ourselves and awaited where EEVIL had gone.

134-1.jpg

135-1.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Found that EEVIL and co had gone to Pizza hut, so I went and found then whilst everyone else went to the Trocodero. Upon purchasing tube tickets ourselves, Rez calls saying the Trocodero is shut. Nothing else for 5 minutes. Thus begins a wild-goose chase all over Leicester Square and into Trafalga

140.jpg

142.jpg

Finally re-united in the pub we went to last year, where various forms of gaming occurred. Mainly paper telephone, drawing houses (of various shapes and sizes) and some penis’s. Even had a surprise visit from Molly, which was nice. She still don’t like her picture being taken.

Special mention to Cube, if he didn’t lend me his spare charging battery I wouldn’t have had the following pictures below. Cheers again for the electricity.

143.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

149.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

161.jpg

164.jpg

11pm, we decided to make tracks back to the hostel. Managed to busk 10p, just from cleaning my Fez out of paper. People were impressed, none more so than Danny (when I saw him) and Peeps.

Played Bolderdash, which Rez won (wonder how indeed). Then disaster again, I wasn’t too well and induced my stomach contents to the floor. I blame the booze and the McDonalds I had on the way back.

Sunday 17th July

Next day, little worse for wear now. Rez singing in the shower woke me up, boy he sounded like a drowned rat in a swimming pool full of the “Evian Waters of the World” collection.

178.jpg

Visited the Comic book store, purchases were made by Rez and co. Then, we did a spot of gaming, where we got shouted at for attempting to take pictures. I managed to squeeze one out.

179.jpg

Moved onto the Frozen Yoghurt shop (or ice-cream as myself and EEVIL proved to Rez), had Choc-chip myself. Rez was the Coconut man, Cube and Danny mint-choc. Only EEVIL and Goafer went full hog and had waffles with it.

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

Then, we went to the M&M store. My best description, over the top. Each floor had the same items, and was all over the top to be honest

189.jpg

190.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

196.jpg

198.jpg

And that sums it all up really.

Left after the M&M store with EEVIL, as we had trains to catch respectively.

Overall, it was a good meet. Like many have said already, the lack of a proper 2nd location let us down due to the rain. We need to sort this next year, in the case the weather occurs again next time.

Met many more people this time around, was very pleased with the turn out. Nice to see many familiar faces again, and I hope to see many of you again in the near future. Be it a Winter meet, event or the Summer meet. Who knows, all I can say is that I will be there because I’ve had so much fun over the past few days.

Edit

Oh, and I’ve got 2 videos being prepped. Coming tomorrow, promise.

Edited by Jimbob

We kept saying under the bridge we were all going to a cafe/pub, then it kinda dwindled out :( We ended up in that paper maché construct where we were told to stop swearing.

Then our locations just got crazy.

Even if we don't have a "plan" of sorts for next year, we at least need a map with all the pubs clearly mapped out.

Molly has kindly given me permission to post one of my other photos:

P7161919.jpg

ReZ' head looks absolutely massive in that picture.

He was sat forward compared to Molly, which is also why Molly is slightly out of focus.

I didn't end up in many photographs, but I promise I was there!

I have you not on Facebook thus have been unable to tag you.

Here are few from my collection of the weekend! Apologies for blurriness, using a phone camera doesn't produce the best results.

Small group shot:

284595_10150724376245644_509540643_20169630_4362142_n.jpg

Daft and his new best friend:

284160_10150724377255644_509540643_20169657_8353530_n.jpg

SO MANY COLOURS:

281675_10150724378325644_509540643_20169682_3862130_n.jpg

Drinking, looking lost on the church steps:

284505_10150724380740644_509540643_20169736_2013282_n.jpg

Co-operative drawing commences:

284215_10150724382435644_509540643_20169772_6831227_n.jpg

Bard gets aggressive and Shorty drinks:

282645_10150724383435644_509540643_20169795_4119736_n.jpg

My own private show:

283570_10150724383630644_509540643_20169799_5013106_n.jpg

Shame about the blurriness, these two are the most adorable couple and this photo helps show just how photogenic they are:

285545_10150724385600644_509540643_20169830_5907947_n.jpg

Shorty, Nami and Mcoy's Slave. I want Shorty's hoodie:

283320_10150724386160644_509540643_20169838_172184_n.jpg

Seven evil exes.. with Shorty and Nami adding their own characters afterwards:

284995_10150724385285644_509540643_20169824_335692_n.jpg

Bonus picture! HELLO KITTY:

270690_10150724384510644_509540643_20169811_1393862_n.jpg

I don't like how cartoon Shorty is looking at cartoon me whilst wielding that banhammer.

I never knew there were women on the Internet!

I have permission from my wife to join the next meet :) Maybe a few of us should organise one in Sheffield, the dogs is a great night when you book a room for 15 people + and have all food laid on etc followed by a club then the strip club :D

I just remembered our reaction to the first rain shower. "Quick, build a shelter! If Minecraft has taught me anything, it's that we can punch down this tree to get wood!" *someone starts punching tree*.

Can't remember who it was though. I'm assuming it wasn't Captain Falcon though, as we would have had to retrieve the wood from the next county.

I have that hat Daft is wearing.

Anyway had a mini meet of sorts with people today. Chat and coffee with Nami and Shorty and a brief meeting with Flink and Eenuh while he resisted the urge to buy everything in Forbidden Planet.

It was nice to see people, however briefly.

Streetpass quest is pretty funny. I'm blindly sending you all to your deaths

Although I was utterly baffled as someone shouted out "PEEPS" when they saw them.

Yeah, that was me. :heh: I was trying to get people's attention, but my brain shortened "people" to "peeps" before I realised the confusion it would cause.

Shame about the blurriness, these two are the most adorable couple and this photo helps show just how photogenic they are:

285545_10150724385600644_509540643_20169830_5907947_n.jpg

Yeah, I know, me and Flink look great together. :p

I just remembered our reaction to the first rain shower. "Quick, build a shelter! If Minecraft has taught me anything, it's that we can punch down this tree to get wood!" *someone starts punching tree*.

Can't remember who it was though. I'm assuming it wasn't Captain Falcon though, as we would have had to retrieve the wood from the next county.

Me again. :heh:

Streetpass quest is pretty funny. I'm blindly sending you all to your deaths

I'm not sure I've been doing that right. I think I've had all the Mii's I got from the meet "killed", so I just keep hiring heroes.