NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

I'm in regardless of cost/location. Within reason. If it's stupidly expensive, I expect complementary hookers and white lightning.

I'm in regardless of cost/location. Within reason. If it's stupidly expensive, I expect complementary hookers and white lightning.

I can only provide the White Lightning, don't think my budget can stretch that far though.

There's plenty of cheap hostels around. I stayed at Clink 86 (or something like that, forgotten the name of it in spite of walking past it every day) last year for £10. Just use hostelbookers.com or something.

Oh, I know what a SIM card is, I just thought it was a lot of hassle. I mean, how many texts am I gonna send while I'm there - 2, 3, 10 max? How expensive can that be?

It's cheap. Texts are regulated by the EU to be something like 12p a text.

It's more expensive for me to text from the UK to Denmark than it is for me to text someone in Denmark, when I'm in Denmark, using a UK phone...

It's cheap. Texts are regulated by the EU to be something like 12p a text.

It's more expensive for me to text from the UK to Denmark than it is for me to text someone in Denmark, when I'm in Denmark, using a UK phone...

Ah I think you're right. I just checked my txt bills for when I was last in the UK. Seems I pay €0,1331 per txt to a UK phone, when in the UK. Same when txting home from the UK. Didn't know that, cheaper than I thought. =)

We stayed in the hostel ashley mentions (10 mins from king's cross?) the first year. 6 of us, two nights, 20 quid each I think it was.

It is ten minutes from KX. Although so are a hundred other hostels :p Plus there's two Clinks. The one I stayed at was next to a Travelodge (and a few doors down from another Travelodge).

Fairly sure this has come up before.

1.1300053654.outside-of-clink-78-hostel.jpg

^that's the one we were in (clink78 - the other is clink261)

That is indeed the one I stopped in.

It was okay, as far as hostels go anyway. Only wanted to lay my head. Thankfully only one other person in my room although a load of noisy people during the night.

Had a quick check.

The place Rez, myself and Goafer stayed at last year is still available. Had a quick check, in case that is.

Where, how much?

Want me to book it up??, because i can.

2 nights for around £75 for 1 person with breakfast. £105 for 4 persons in a room for a night, works out around £26 each.

Want me to book it up??, because i can.

2 nights for around £75 for 1 person with breakfast. £105 for 4 persons in a room for a night, works out around £26 each.

Sounds pretty good. Is The Peeps still after the room, as there's you three and me?

Sounds pretty good. Is The Peeps still after the room, as there's you three and me?

I'll drop a message over, see if he wants a room. If not, then that is near-sorted. Except me, but i'll sort something out.

It is right near Holland Park tube, so transport there is great. 20 or so minutes from Hyde Park as well, so bonus.

Use this as a back-up plan, in the case Rez can't find anything. I'm booking up end of the week for myself as a precaution (can't be too careful).

Slight bumpage

Booked my travel, and a night in the hotel mentioned about. All for a respectful £80 (travel included)

Goafer, ReZ, Peeps:

If you want that 4-person room that Jimbob mentioned then I'm fine with booking it.

Goafer, ReZ, Peeps:

If you want that 4-person room that Jimbob mentioned then I'm fine with booking it.

If you want to book it that way, no problemo. I can extend my stay by 1 night. But, one of you will have to return around 1(ish) to pick the room key up. Otherwise, 10pm is the limit for checking in.

Yeah I was going to ask if someone else can book it. I can PayPal, or cash on the day (whichever is preferable) but a large sum would have been bad for me.

Location wise in terms solely of train station isn't perfect for the one we stayed at last year (IMHO) but I'm gonna have a look this afternoon and report back. :)

So its definitely just;

ReZ

Goafer

Jimbob

Cube

Peeps

in the epic orgy room of win?

I might bring the essential bits of Balderdash for us to play, if you guys like that game?

Yeah I was going to ask if someone else can book it. I can PayPal, or cash on the day (whichever is preferable) but a large sum would have been bad for me.

Location wise in terms solely of train station isn't perfect for the one we stayed at last year (IMHO) but I'm gonna have a look this afternoon and report back. :)

So its definitely just;

ReZ

Goafer

Jimbob

Cube

Peeps

in the epic orgy room of win?

I might bring the essential bits of Balderdash for us to play, if you guys like that game?

Sounds excellent, let us know the details

If you want to book it that way, no problemo. I can extend my stay by 1 night. But, one of you will have to return around 1(ish) to pick the room key up. Otherwise, 10pm is the limit for checking in.

Oh, I thought by your previous post that you had booked your own room.

ReZ: I'd appreciate it if you did the finding and sent me the details beforehand.

Oh god, I just remembered being in The Fighting Cocks in St Albans playing Balderdash and DomJCG failing miserably.

The Fighting Cocks is a great pub.

There's this pretty great pub just off Liverpool Street called The Bell if you guys fancy a bit of a boozeocalypse.

Oh, I thought by your previous post that you had booked your own room.

I have for the Friday night, because thats the day i'm coming down to London. I'm still up for the Saturday night though, and as i mentioned i can add a night if Rez books the same hotel i'm already in.

Oh lads. Smashing it. Found a corker I think. It is a hostel, but they've got a 6-person en-suite room, so if we just book that (for 6 people) then either....we'll have 1 space, or someone can come in with us, but its only £179, so that is £36 each (if we don't find an additional person). Very nicely positioned.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=48+inverness+terrace,+w2+3ja&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487605556d2afb35:0xc7d9c69426576fc,48+Inverness+Terrace,+Paddington,+Greater+London+W2+3&gl=uk&ei=15QMTpeHJ4izhAe71bjbDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA

http://www.smartbackpackers.com/hosteldetails/United-Kingdom/London/Smart-Hyde-Park-Inn-Hostel/index.htm

BOOKING LINK

10% deposit only for online booking of £17 ish. Then we can pay on the day. The best news is there is no curfew/late check in is allowed! So we don't need to piss around.

Is everyone happy with that?

I am reading it correctly, right? Its not going to whack us all in seperate rooms....it wouldn't do that at Hostels if you're a group asking for 6 beds and they do 6 bed dorms...right?

Oh. And as for Sunday activities. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought it might be nice if we went out for a nice Chinese in China Town, then maybe a frozen yogurt after that. Or....I mean seeing HP7 was an option, but we should definitely only do that if everyone is up for it, I absolutely don't want to put anyone out. :)

Edited by ReZourceman