NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

GIRP - New Game From The Creator Of QWOP

If you're familiar with the internet, you've probably already both tried and failed at the incredibly simple yet frustratingly difficult "running" game QWOP.

If you loved the style of it, yet would prefer something a bit more easy, but equally challenging in its simplicity, you should definitely try out its spiritual successor, GIRP.

GIRP is a climbing game in which you manipulate the limbs of your climber in order to climb the rocks and escape the rising water level. But instead of the different keys being mapped to specific limbs as in QWOP, they're mapped to specific rings that you grab onto in order to limb the wall. The concept is easily grabbed, but very difficult to master.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Oldddddddddd, but thanks :p

On that site there is also a great ninja game. Addictive.

My record is 10.8 I think, I have a screenshot somewhere because my mate didn't believe me!

Oldddddddddd, but thanks :p

On that site there is also a great ninja game. Addictive.

My record is 10.8 I think, I have a screenshot somewhere because my mate didn't believe me!

I've only just discovered it today. :heh:

I think I managed to get 11-something, but that was also a great/lucky attempt!

Sounds really stupid - but I can't get off the first ring.

EDIT. Didn't read that you need to flex

Edited by Dog-amoto

Read the controls, you have to hold the letter of a higher ring down for one arm, then the other. Can use other controls to push yourself up (can't remember which, space and mouse button maybe?)

Danny, pics or GTFO :p

Played this a couple of weeks back when it popped up. I had fun but I felt like I reached an impossible point and then ran out of time. Was about 100m up I think, it keeps going longer than you expect and eventually requires you to do a lot of swinging from one ring to another to have enough momentum to reach the next.

Still, great game and does a good job of creating a kind of video-game microcosm of climbing on your keyboard.

Edited by Shorty

Sounds really stupid - but I can't get off the first ring.

EDIT. Didn't read that you need to flex

I had that, then afterwards realising it didn't make it any less boring.

Should have top score in bottom left corner ;)

Oh, right! :D

GIRPRecord.png

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Got 14,6

[ATTACH]3521[/ATTACH]

Pretty cool game, despite that stubborn dove...

Got to 5.3m before StickyKeys interrupted me. QWOP is still king, this game doesn't make me laugh at all.

I actually prefer this to QWOP even though QWOP is funnier in "gameplay" terms GIRP is better for me.