NEurope
Ashley

GameTrailers & IE

Solution:

Get the embed code out of the object code nest. The object code still won't work, but the embed code will.

Edit:

Final comment:

Using the embed code in itself, it works on IE 5 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10, Firefox 4, Chrome 10, Opera 10.

The object code, on the other hand, doesn't work on any of them. So there lies your problem.

Thank you so much for this :) I really wouldn't have known there was a difference really. Much appreciated :D

No problem.

And obviously the video works (as does the first one in the OP).

Like I said, I had to do some googling, but I started with those 2 tags because I noticed you using the object tag while Gametrailers themselves (below their videos) suggest using the embed tag. I can't quickly find a currrent applicable explanation.. Object seemed to be the standard, and embed was going to be deprecated, but it seems they brought it back for compatability in HTML5 because it's used so much. Strange object doesn't work at all though, unless there's something wrong with your syntax of it, or with any of the attributes. I don't see any direct reference to the video (source url) in the object code, perhaps that's it? But from what I gather.. The embed tag is the way to go.

Well the BBCode was written a few years ago by someone else and we just used that, it's not something we set up.

I hadn't even noticed Gametrailers recommended against using the object code, which is strange considering they give it. Ah well.

There is indeed no reference to the specific video in the object code section.

And the reason the first one worked is because in trying to sort this out I created a few different tags. The first was the old one, the second was one for user videos (as the url is different and I thought this is what RL wanted) and the third was based on their new embed code. I've now updated the first so its bigger and sans object and removed the object section of the GTUser tag. And will remove the third as it's now redundant.

Thanks again :)