NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

Is it wrong that I bought a shelf from IKEA today, specially to display this collectors edition along with my Arkham City one? :wtf:

I need this parcel so bad. Lol.

No... clearly that's the right thing to do. :)

Really loving this game btw, I've decided that I won't move on to each new stage until I've properly completed both acts with all collectables so I'm currently only up to the second stage but I'm enjoying every minute of it so far. :D

I am so excited to get it!

Really hope it arrives tomorrow - though I won't be home til 6 then I am virtually out all night so won't get chance to play until Saturday!

Can't wait to get it though! :bouncy:

Mine too, have they put you with HDNL as well?

I fucking hate the company with a passion. The last two orders I had the misfortune of HDNL handling came in pretty bad condition.

Yeah they have.

No-one is going to be in, tempted to leave a note asking to leave it with a neighbour just incase...

I got my dispatch email at 1am, it'll be sent through Yodel (who after a bit of digging, are a company owned by HDNL) so it'll most likely turn up in pieces.

Watchuu talking about? I watched 3 different ones yesterday!

P.S. I cannot search properly.

Must resist urge to go pick this up. My finances would be so much better allocated...

Mine just arrived in good condition.

The box is much bigger than I expected - and I have to walk home with it.

Mine just arrived in good condition.

The box is much bigger than I expected - and I have to walk home with it.

Ah nice one! Still waiting on mine, but they've delivered both my previous packages around 3pm.

Base.com seem to have the Collectors Edition back in stock for both console, but they've upped the price to £129.99!

It must be the HDNL driver in my area, as it looks like it's going to be the latest delivery they've made to me.

I really wish you could blacklist couriers from your orders on Amazon.. a lot of people have cancelled their Amazon Prime subscription because of the issue.

I caved in after watching some reviews, even though I was gonna cut back with my ever increasing game backlog. Got a new TV as well today to play it on.

I also caved, was originally waiting for Christmas but was bored.

Enjoying it so far :)

My collectors edition arrived, although the plastic sleeve is broken, must have happened when amazon were packing it or something. :(

Apart from that everything inside the box is in perfect condition!

Initial views: Cycle broken, barely. Modern Sonic is fun but pretty disappointing, like why on earth do the bugs all the way from Adventure 2 still persist in this game?

Failed homing attacks, falling through walls.. Ugh. He's fun to play as, don't get me wrong. But they still haven't mastered a level design that primarily focusses on game play for Modern Sonic, it's all too concentrated on the visuals. So much clutter that prevents you seeing incoming obstacles..

Edited by Debug Mode

So who else is enjoying the fuck out of this game? @Cube?

I'm currently loving it :) the classic Sonic levels seem pretty well designed and enjoyable as do the modern Sonic levels which may have the odd moment of 'why did I just make Sonic boost off the edge... :blank: fuuuu' but this time it feels more like you've sent him to his death rather than the game being terribly broken as honestly these instances are few and far between for me and only happen when I'm trying to go somewhere that Sonic isn't really supposed to. :wink:

Still sticking rigidly to getting S ranks on all acts and challenge stages before moving on, I'm still in the first 'area' of the hub world - which is excellent btw - I haven't even faced my first boss yet which reminds me... this game seems to borrow its structure from Kirby's Epic Yarn because the hub world is similar, you had a set amount of levels before facing off against a boss plus challenges on previous levels, sound familiar? Not that this is a bad thing of course, far from it because it actually works to the games advantage apart from the fact that many will perceive it as 'oh there aren't as many bosses' while this may be true at least having fewer boss battles they should at least be challenging ones which is better than having loads of easy bosses really. :grin:

Anyway... yeah, gonna get back to playing now. :D

So I got lucky yesterday and managed to pick up the last copy my local GAME store had in stock. I've been powering through it, on to the 4th boss atm. Haven't really been doing any of the side stuff other than the stuff I need to do. One thing i've noticed is that its surprisingly easy to get chaos emeralds, got 6 at the moment.

Also the music is awesome, I've been looking for a soundtrack listing but i can't seem to find one.

The red star rings and the rest of the challenges are probably going to take a while after I finish.

So far its just been one big nostalgiagasm for me.

So who else is enjoying the fuck out of this game? @Cube?

Me!

Finding it easy to get S ranks though. Wonder if there are higher ranks like SS rank. Scenes with Classic Sonic are humorous.

Had my first rival boss battle again Metal Sonic, that boss fight in Sonic CD is ones of my favourites. Also beat the first boss, the Death Egg Robot. Though I thought the way you beat was a bit odd.

Was amazing seeing the Death Egg in background of the Sky Sanctuary stage.

Nice touch on how you can change the stage music, like the original Green Hill music or even Emerald Hill.

It's the music which gets my fanboyizm going! So much great stuff.

It's why I think I have enjoyed the first hub the most so far, just seeing the mega drive levels re-done in all there glory.

Oh man, I just can't seem to get an S rank on Modern Sonic's doppelgänger race: Chemical Plant zone!

It's a shame that 'try again' takes up a life which I didn't know until I had 2 left! I'm searching for short cuts and found that you can jump onto the other 2 paths right at the beginning of the stage (the one on the right took me a lot of tries to reach).

I think I'm just gonna blitz through the story for now rather than take on all the challenges and get S ranks like I have been doing before moving on. Really interested to see what on earth the ending is as apparently the final boss is infuriating a lot of people haha

EDIT: I am absolutely dreading having to play through Planet Wisp again. I absolutely hate the Classic version of it.

Edited by Debug Mode

Completed the "story", and loved most of it. Both classic and modern versions of most levels were great, and I loved the music. Ironically, Crisis City seemed to be by far the worst in falling off the stage due to annoying things. The challenges I have done are pretty good, too.

I kind of wish that Sega would do remakes of all the games with these graphics, especially the originals. They've captured the classic feeling of the first three levels really well, yet in glorious looking graphics. And the Planet Wisp level (I loved the classic version, even though first time took me 13 minutes) makes me wish that Colours was a multi-platform title.

In the classic levels, I thought it was great how various elements from the classic games were introduced later on. Brought a bit of extra nostalgia to the more modern levels.

And about the final boss

I actually hated it. Your rings are constantly depleting and it was extremely difficult to see the rings in the level. The ones you get after hitting the boss also seemed random (a few times I was taken into the next "area" before the rings caught up to Sonic). Oh, and Sonic's annoying friends shouting throughout it all was very annoying.

Although classic Tails shouting "Dr. Robotnik" was a brilliant touch.

About other bosses, they were great. Shadow's "battle" was a lot of fun.

I don't know if I want to know the presumably disappointing answer to this but here goes.

I've done a couple of bosses and got 4 chaos emeralds, am I right in thinking that I'm about half way through already, and there's only zone from each game? So I won't be coming across any more Sonic 1, 2 or S&K levels?

If I'm wrong, don't tell me what the zones are without spoiler tags pls :)

If I'm right this is totally crap.

I don't know if I want to know the presumably disappointing answer to this but here goes.

I've done a couple of bosses and got 4 chaos emeralds, am I right in thinking that I'm about half way through already, and there's only zone from each game? So I won't be coming across any more Sonic 1, 2 or S&K levels?

If I'm wrong, don't tell me what the zones are without spoiler tags pls :)

If I'm right this is totally crap.

I may be about to break ur heart....

But u r correct, it's just a zone from each 'main' sonic game.