NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

Mine still says 'Dispatching soon'. I really hope they move their asses into gear, most places received their stock on Monday and Tuesday.

EDIT: Only one of my orders of it is 'Dispatching soon', the other is still 'Not yet dispatched'

Just been delivered! :D

Box was a bit heavier than I expected!

Edited by Retro_Link

Just been delivered!

Box was a bit heavier than I expected!

So envious right now!

Enjoy!! :grin:

Well, Base.com just dispatched my Collectors Edition :)

Edit: and when I say 'my', I mean, "the lucky bidder's" :p I'll probably use the profit to buy the standard version :3

This is making me feel like a bad person :/

Edited by Shorty

COLLECTORS EDITION GET! :grin:

I just got back from a craft fair with my Mom (yawn) and my Dad happened to have the day off today, he said it turned up around 12. It's a lot heavier than I thought it'd be and the quality of the entire product is deffinitely top-notch, especailly the statue (which is also bigger than I thought.) I'm so glad it arrived today, so at least I can have a play before I go on holiday tomorrow.

I'll post impressions later (if I get time...) See you all later! :grin:

Are they definately gauranteed to sell well/at a decent profit? I've just had a look, and yes you'd fully get your miney back plus a bit more, but atm they aren't skyrocketing... unless it's worth waiting until closer to Christmas or holding on to it for a while? Edited by Retro_Link

I put my PS3 one on last night at 99p, and with 6.5 days to go it's already at £112, so small profit already. And I won't even have to pay for packaging cos I'll just "forward it" in what it came to me in.

I'm not telling you to go for it cos it's a risk, but that's what I'm up to.

I'm thinking of buying the 360 one and actually having it, thinking of the profit of selling the PS3 one as a deduction

Edited by Shorty

I put my PS3 one on last night at 99p, and with 6.5 days to go it's already at £112, so small profit already. And I won't even have to pay for packaging cos I'll just "forward it" in what it came to me in.

I'm thinking of buying the 360 one and actually having it, thinking of the profit of selling the PS3 one as a deduction

Can I have a link to yours?

EDIT: Ah just found yours... postage £2.50??

Edited by Retro_Link

They won't let you put it higher for Royal Mail 1st class! They've fixed the price for games.

Right, here's some quick impressions of the game so far:

The intro and cutscenes are great so far, and some of the character reactions are hilarious! The voice acting is better too. As for the stages themselves, they're awesome to play, but can get very challenging. I've found no bugs or issues so far, which I'm happy with. That said, I fear that this game will be a bit short, I've already completed Stage 3 as classic and modern Sonic.

However, to unlock the boss stage, you need to collect three gate keys. In order to do that, you need to complete 1 challenge stage from each level, which unlock once you finish the third level. This can be done as either classic and/or modern Sonic.

I absolutely love this game, it's deffinitely the best Sonic game I've played since Sonic Adventure 2 (so far.) I just hope the level of quality continues!

Thanks for the impressions!

Did the US not get a Collectors Edition, is that the reason for some of the demand?!

Thanks for the impressions!

Did the US not get a Collectors Edition, is that the reason for some of the demand?!

Yeah, CE was Europe only and it's limited, the sets are numbered.

Gamer Perspective:

I consider people who buy special editions of games to sell at an inflated price on eBay top tier scum. However... these people commonly specify a massively inflated price on Buy it Now. By letting people bid on the auction and essentially pay whatever they're willing to, it isn't really bad at all. They rip themselves off, rather than you doing it.

I could never bring myself to auction a special edition game on release like this. I've been in a position many times before where I can't get my hands on stuff (games, consoles) for a reasonable price because assholes have bought extras just for reselling.

What drives me most insane is there's always the one guy whose Other Items for Sale pages list numerous collectors editions at like £100+ the retail price. These people should be dragged into the street and lynched.

Basically, to sum this rambling up... don't be that guy.

Business Perspective:

There isn't an easier way to make money than to take it from fanboy gamers. Enjoy the years of saved up pocket money you will receive from this sale.

Edited by Guy

Mine has been dispatched from Amazon, by courier which I wasn't expecting!

No-one is in tomorrow though! Hopefully they will try and leave it with a neighbour.

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention; it appears there's 12000 Collector's Editions in existence. I know this because the gold ring in my CE is numbered "2296/12000". ^^

Basically, to sum this rambling up... don't be that guy.

Tbh, I know. I don't feel great about it, but my bank account is currently right next to the red, and I have loads of payments coming up. I wouldn't normally have done it, but I spotted the chance for a quick buck and caved.

Amazon have shipped mine! :yay:

Mine has been dispatched from Amazon, by courier which I wasn't expecting!

No-one is in tomorrow though! Hopefully they will try and leave it with a neighbour.

Mine too, have they put you with HDNL as well?

I fucking hate the company with a passion. The last two orders I had the misfortune of HDNL handling came in pretty bad condition.

If anyone wants a shit load of views on YouTube then film an unboxing video for it, because it doesn't look like there is one yet. You'll get uber loads.

If anyone wants a shit load of views on YouTube then film an unboxing video for it, because it doesn't look like there is one yet. You'll get uber loads.

Watchuu talking about? I watched 3 different ones yesterday!

I received mine at 12.00pm today...

... and then I had to go straight to work. :/

But I'm home now, have unboxed and dammmmn this is one nice special edition, definitely worth the money, the box and contents currently have pride of place displayed in my room. :D

Now to play the game. :)

I received mine at 12.00pm today...

... and then I had to go straight to work. :/

But I'm home now, have unboxed and dammmmn this is one nice special edition, definitely worth the money, the box and contents currently have pride of place displayed in my room. :D

Now to play the game. :)

Is it wrong that I bought a shelf from IKEA today, specially to display this collectors edition along with my Arkham City one? :wtf:

I need this parcel so bad. Lol.