NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

Fuck you Sega. You know that I'll have to waste my money on that, don't you?

Bit pricey imo but i do want it!

Will Amazon be the only one stocking the collectors edition? I have looked on GAME and ShopTo but cant see it.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered from amazon? What are they normally like for delivery?

Has anyone ever pre-ordered from amazon? What are they normally like for delivery?

I've pre-ordered some Blu-Rays from Amazon. Can't say about delivery as they're not released until tomorrow and a week tomorrow (Star Wars and Firefly) but hopefully the first will arrive on time.

Worryingly, Amazon has the release date as the 30th November. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon (from what I can tell, that's just the release date for the 3DS version so I would guess when Amazon updated that, they accidentally updated all other versions).

I've pre-ordered some Blu-Rays from Amazon. Can't say about delivery as they're not released until tomorrow and a week tomorrow (Star Wars and Firefly) but hopefully the first will arrive on time.

Worryingly, Amazon has the release date as the 30th November. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon (from what I can tell, that's just the release date for the 3DS version so I would guess when Amazon updated that, they accidentally updated all other versions).

Yeah, i have ordered plenty of times from there just never a pre-order!

Yeah your theory makes sence, lets hope that is the case!

I just placed my pre-order for the collectors edition, if another company gets the collectors edition and price depending i may change where my pre-order goes.

Will worry about the money later as i have also pre-ordered the batman CE which is not long before this! May decide to have one given to me as a xmas present but would mean we waiting for something so i have some decisions to do money wise! Damn this time of the year and so many good looking game releases!

Bit pricey imo but i do want it!

Will Amazon be the only one stocking the collectors edition? I have looked on GAME and ShopTo but cant see it.

Preorders usually arrive on the Friday. Amazon was the first company to put it up as far as I'm aware so they got my order. Got an e-mail from Amazon yesterday saying my order's delivery method got upgraded for no extra cost!

November will be an expensive month with both the Zelda bundle and Generations special edition.

So this is coming out on the 1st November now it seems! (Tuesday)

http://www.destructoid.com/new-sonic-generations-out-november-1-gets-new-screens-211366.phtml

Amazon are still listing the price for the CE as 30th Nov but they havn't updated their standard release date yet to the 1st so we shall have to wait and see...

EDIT: IGNORE ME, I READ A US ARTICLE BY MISTAKE, IT IS STILL FOURTH FOR EUROPE... but i reckon you all knew that and just didn't want to say what a tit i was!

Edited by Mike1988uk

Amazon have now changed the release date for the PS3 CE to 04/11/11... It wont let me see the xbox 360 date now... just says 'let me know when this product is available' i'm assuming this is because they have used up their pre-order allocation?

I did go into my account though and it is still listing estimated delivery date: 01/12/11... but since the PS3 date has changed i am assuming so will the 360. :)

I played this at GAMEfest, with the classic and modern variations of Green Hill Zone and City Escape available. My friends and I were doing coverage of the event for a blog we're working on, and we managed to get footage of the game. Here it is guys:

Green Hill Zone (modern Sonic gameplay):

City Escape (classic and modern Sonic gameplay):

And my overall impressions of the demo here:

If anyone wants to see more GAMEfest coverage, click the link in my sig. ^^

Amazon have now changed the release date for the PS3 CE to 04/11/11... It wont let me see the xbox 360 date now... just says 'let me know when this product is available' i'm assuming this is because they have used up their pre-order allocation?

I did go into my account though and it is still listing estimated delivery date: 01/12/11... but since the PS3 date has changed i am assuming so will the 360. :)

Yeah, 360 version is sold out. Got an e-mail from Amazon this morning with a new estimated arrival date for the 4th.

Yeah, 360 version is sold out. Got an e-mail from Amazon this morning with a new estimated arrival date for the 4th.

Yeah I was coming here to say the same! I 2 have received that email!

Glad I preordered it when I did then! Suppose there is still a chance another retailer may still sell to the UK yet.

Glad I preordered it when I did then! Suppose there is still a chance another retailer may still sell to the UK yet.

Another retailer like ShopTo perhaps? This is what I'm hoping for, I would have easily preordered the ltd ed if it had been available on there but alas it isn't as of yet so I shan't be bothering with it, just the standard game for me atm. :hmm:

Another retailer like ShopTo perhaps? This is what I'm hoping for, I would have easily preordered the ltd ed if it had been available on there but alas it isn't as of yet so I shan't be bothering with it, just the standard game for me atm. :hmm:

Yeah, ShopTo or GAME. I'm kinda hoping GAME do because my reward points is going up a good amount and as long as it is well priced compared to Amazon i would gladly go with GAME for the points.

I would be surprised if no-body else got it for the UK but if Amazon have already sold out their allocation for 360 then maybe it is in limited supply!

Yup I also got the email.

And would also happily change pre-orders to GAME if the option was there - for the points.

They mustn't have many of these editions though.

Isn't the gold ring that comes with it individually numbered? My guess is these are in small quantities.

So i'm pleased i got mine pre-ordered!! :bouncy:

Having been so close to the full 1000 on Sonic Unleashed (then giving up) I am determined to 1000 this bad boy.

Plus this looks a million times better than Unleashed so I am excited! :bouncy:

Dreamcast-era trailer

No idea why they shoved Sonic Heroes in there, but anyway...

This looks amazing! Do. Want.

Too bad I'm now unemployed... :(

Love the trailer.

Love Shadow at the end too...

Wonder what that's about?

Probably nothing - but good to see him anyways!

Hes probably a rival you have to race or something.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, some form of 'boss'.

Game looks really good!

Just noticed that my order total for the collectors edition has dropped £10ish! (not bad ey!) New price is showing as £76.80 (before any postage costs you may choose to add). I have had no e-mail regarding this, I was just looking at my orders and noticed.

According to this other retailers will be stocking the collectors edition for the UK. I have no idea if this site is reliable or not, I just got it via a google search when looking to see if other retailers are going to stock it!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/more-uk-retailers-to-stock-sonic-generations-collectors-edition/

Edited by Mike1988uk