NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

I know, I'm not dismissing you btw and I assume Shorty was joking too - hence why it was funny - but it's undeniable that Dr Robotnik is the better name and I just wish they'd kept it that way is all.

At this point it doesn't matter, it's just a preference. :)

I didn't think you were, but it's how Shorty's post came across... a smiley wouldn't kill him every now and again :p (see)

Besides, if they never changed (corrected) it, we'd never have had this audio feast...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Besides, if they never changed (corrected) it, we'd never have had this audio feast...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You have a point... ;)

Anyway, egg-related anomalies aside, I'm genuinely looking forward to this title though I wish they'd bring out another timed demo so that we can eggsperience the Chemical Plant Zone now. :p

One side-kick is never enough for Sonic Team! WE WILL SEEEEE.

And Amy.

This... in fact it'll be pretty interesting if she is indeed playable, though they've got to get it right.

I want to see both classic Amy - Sonic CD era - and modern Amy - Sonic Adventure era - as there is quite a bit of difference...

Classic-Current_Amy-Rose.jpg

I've always preferred the original Amy tbh.

They've said more than once that although other characters will appear, Sonic will be the only playable one.

They've said more than once that although other characters will appear, Sonic will be the only playable one.

Well that's more than fine by me... I just have difficulty in believing that to be true. :p

I suppose for the main mode it will be just Sonic but I think they will have an additional challenge mode - or something - which may allow you to play as other characters which may not be a bad way of doing things but equally I'll be very happy if it's just Sonic playable...

...I wouldn't mind playing as Tails or Knuckles though...

...or Amy, y'know... just for one level. :)

Actually, a few other characters are playable in the challenge mode - it seems one of the challenge types is "co-op" where you have to control sonic and another character together.

There's also ones where you race other characters.

Everytime this topic has a new post I hope it's a video of the new Chemical Plant Zone with whatever the new music sounds like. God Damnit, maybe next time.

Everytime this topic has a new post I hope it's a video of the new Chemical Plant Zone with whatever the new music sounds like. God Damnit, maybe next time.

Whoever was playing that chemical plant zone was not a very good player! ha.

Can't wait! :D

It certainly looks and sounds great.

However, from a design stand point, I think it's wrong they can have sections where Sonic is being rushed along by the blue water stuff and then have bits where it can hurt him in the bubbles - it doesn't make sense from a game world perspective.

They should at least make it the same pinky colour of the water he can actually be in.

If I don't like this game, it'll be my last Sonic-game ever. Didn't really like Sonic the Hedgehog 4 but this looks rather good. Especially the Old Sonic-parts.

That right there is my Game of the Year folks. I know it's only mid August but I'll be amazed if there will be a game I'll play this year that I will enjoy more than this.

Good to see Spagonia isn't a complete re-run of the Unleashed stage for Modern Sonic even though it does share its more famous characteristics (the clock tower, the big sweeping right hander, spiky barrels, etc). Seaside Hill looks a little too close to Green Hill Zone for my liking but you can see parts of Ocean Palace in the background so hopefully it will merge both levels but just under the one name.

Sonic has never been good since the 2D days on the Mega Drive. Yes they are alright, but lacking severe stuff that made them good.

And i'm saying that, because after playing both Ep1 of Sonic 4 and the demo for this, that the magic does seem to have returned in a way. Not in the entirity, but signs are looking good.