NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

Game.co.uk have often got me a game 1-2 days early in the past, too. Plus double reward points on pre-orders.

Game.co.uk have often got me a game 1-2 days early in the past, too. Plus double reward points on pre-orders.

It's rather annoying that my reward card works in-store but doesn't exist according to the website.

Still not biting... ShopTo will most likely lower their price to follow suit. :heh:

I pre-ordered the normal edition from GAME a few weeks ago - before any special edition was put on the site.

Anyway, my pre-order with GAME now says £32 and has changed to the 'special edition' version.

Not sure if my pre-order price will change (probably), but if it stays at £32 i'll be happy! :yay:

I pre-ordered the normal edition from GAME a few weeks ago - before any special edition was put on the site.

Anyway, my pre-order with GAME now says £32 and has changed to the 'special edition' version.

Not sure if my pre-order price will change (probably), but if it stays at £32 i'll be happy! :yay:

Same with mine. I emailed them a couple of days ago if they could update my order but they told me I had to either phone them or cancel and re-order. Guess it's a good job I hadn't gotten round to it yet :p

Highly tempted by this game. Seems to be checking all the correct boxes for a good sonic game. I'm still a little concerned by the handling but it looks a lot of fun and certainly better than sonic 4.

12.jpg

Please tell me there was something lost in translation, because this was a Stardust Speedway boss! IT'S MOTHER FUCKING METAL SONIC BITCH!

A transition from Chemical Plant to the gritty bit of Stardust Speedway could actually work. I would love to see all of Stardust Speedway in HD but both levels were born from the same idea (Sonic CD was supposed to be Sonic 2, but Yuji Naka went to SoA).

Glad Metal Sonic is confirmed though. SHIT IS SWEEEET

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu....

Chemical Plant Zone has never looked so good! :D

So there IS going to be a Sonic CD 'level/boss/whatever' in this game then! YAY. :D

I don't think they can increase the price of a pre-order you have made (to do with their pre-order promise) so if they are now only offering the special edition then sounds like you have been lucky with the price for pre-ordering early! :)

Edited by Mike1988uk
Automerged Doublepost

This is looking good sure (and relying on the history books) but if they mess this up it has to be the final nail in te coffin for Sonic.

Demo was decent though. Fingers crossed!

Hm dont understand the fuss for Chemical Plant zone. The first act is stupidly short (can finish it in about 25 seconds if you know where to jump) and there are way better levels in STH2 such as Oil Ocean Zone, Hilltop and Metropolis.

Still, it looks fantastic in its new iteration :)

The appeal of Chemical Plant Zone is all in it's funky-as soundtrack.

Lets hope Sonic Team don't promote this level with another My Chemical Romance song.

I can't believe people are still talking about that trailer. Although I guess it's a good thing, in that there's nothing else to fault with how it's looking at the moment..

Hm dont understand the fuss for Chemical Plant zone. The first act is stupidly short (can finish it in about 25 seconds if you know where to jump) and there are way better levels in STH2 such as Oil Ocean Zone, Hilltop and Metropolis.

Still, it looks fantastic in its new iteration :)

I think a lot of Chemical Plant's appeal lies in the music as it was totally different to anything in Sonic 1. It was chiptune electro pop rock at it's finest and set to that very different level design aesthetic with the blue and yellow paths and the grey blocks normally reserved for last level fortress of most games. The game was telling you, it meant business.

And then you have the fact that it was probably the fastest zone in the game in terms of speed you could achieve. Going down them ramps and through the loops at the beginning of Act 2 and seeing Sonic move faster than the camera could tunil he actually went off screen was unbelieveably cool.

It had style basically, and lots of it.

But then it had that bit where you went underwater, and had to jump up the crossing-over blocks, then carefully jump over a gap with collapsing floors which dropped you back into the water if you missed :heh:

Also the boss is the easiest one in Sonic history.

But then it had that bit where you went underwater, and had to jump up the crossing-over blocks, then carefully jump over a gap with collapsing floors which dropped you back into the water if you missed :heh:

Also the boss is the easiest one in Sonic history.

The bit where you went underwater with the crossing blocks made what would have been a simple jumping exercise tricky because now you had the pressure of being squashed and that of drowning. If it was just a case of jumping from ledge to ledge with no water or moving platform or simply hitting a spring, you wouldn't even remember that part of the stage. It made it interesting and memorable.

The boss wasn't difficult but if you aren't paying attention, you will fall through the floor. Still, it's better than the piss take for a boss that features in Emerald Hill Zone - I find Coconuts far more difficult to deal with than that particular Eggman creation.

I used to always shit myself when you got to the bit where the water rose. It genuinely scared me as a kid. I still don't like it now!

And the boss wouldn't have been a major problem if it weren't for the flipping floor tiles. Too many lives have been lost falling off the bottom of the level :(

I used to always shit myself when you got to the bit where the water rose. It genuinely scared me as a kid. I still don't like it now!

Exactly. You're running along and suddenly your path gets cut off behind you, the water shoots and you're thinking "Shit - I've got to get out of here!" and you have a little panicy moment as you try to reach the top.

Anybody who has played Sonic 2 will know exactly what part we are on about but levels like Hill Top Zone or Oil Ocean don't feature a single moment that stands out quite like that.

And that further adds to Chemical Plant's appeal.

I find Coconuts far more difficult to deal with than that particular Eggman creation.
You say "Eggman", can no longer consider any opinion from you on any Sonic game valid.

You say "Eggman", can no longer consider any opinion from you on any Sonic game valid.

I lol'd... :laughing:

Never did get why they deicded to call the great Dr Ivo Robotnik - formerly Dr Ovi Kintobor according to STC - a lesser name such as Eggman :confused: of course I understand that it's easier to say but it's just so '...' plus the fact that they 'explained' it into the plot of Sonic Adventure as the nickname that Sonic himself gave him. :/

*spits*

Some things should remain unchanged... :nono:

His name was always Eggman in the Japanese version, I guess they changed it to be more consistent?

I found it odd how Sonic called him Eggman in Sonic Adventure for Robotnik/Eggman to correct him and call himself Robotnik only then to announce his plans for build "Eggman" Empire and the Egg Carrier. Could be why they changed it.

I lol'd... :laughing:

Never did get why they deicded to call the great Dr Ivo Robotnik - formerly Dr Ovi Kintobor according to STC - a lesser name such as Eggman :confused: of course I understand that it's easier to say but it's just so '...' plus the fact that they 'explained' it into the plot of Sonic Adventure as the nickname that Sonic himself gave him. :/

*spits*

Some things should remain unchanged... :nono:

Well his name always was Eggman in Japan and since they started using it in the Western world with the release of Sonic Adventure, he's spent more of his life oustide Japan being referred to as "Eggman" as well.

It's like dismissing everyone who refers to Princess Toadstool as Peach. Peach was always her name in Japan but for the first 10 years of her life, she was always referred to as Princess Toadstool outside of there and no one knew of the name Peach.

It's really just a brand alignment exercise so that the characters are referred by the same name regardless of the country you're in.

Well his name always was Eggman in Japan

It's like dismissing everyone who refers to Princess Toadstool as Peach.

I know, I'm not dismissing you btw and I assume Shorty was joking too - hence why it was funny - but it's undeniable that Dr Robotnik is the better name and I just wish they'd kept it that way is all.

At this point it doesn't matter, it's just a preference. :)