NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

Escape from the City has been confirmed before, trailer music is for erm, the trailer.

I wanted Escape from the City, not the music from a My Chemical Romance song about drugs.

My point exactly...

Escape from the City has been confirmed before, trailer music is for erm, the trailer.

Then... why not just use it for the trailer as well?

I just don't get it. :blank:

Yeah exactly!

Does seem they've also changed the level for modern Sonic quite a bit, so it has long sweeping pathways amd turns to speed [hold forward] down. I know there's bound to be some challenge to the modern sonic levels but I hope they still play as well as the original city escape for example... because that's why we liked those levels!

Modern Sonic would make mince meat of Adventure levels. City Escape[HDYT][/HDYT] is easily doable in 2 mins and Modern Sonic goes much faster - you'd get to the truck chase before the first chorus. Still, it looks ace and looks to flow nicely. But yes, someone dropped the ball when it came to the music choice.

I don't know if you noticed, but City Escape wasn't the only level in that trailer. It ends with Spagonia Roof Top Run from Unleashed HD.

I wanted Escape from the City, not the music from a My Chemical Romance song about drugs.

Agreed!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I WANT THIS GAME RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Box art looks sweeeeeeet.

5922SG_360_PACK-FRONT.jpg

City Escape footage:

At work so can't check if it has Escape from the City music.

Includes hedgehogs natural enemy - the truck!

Cool vids!

It's difficult to make out on the modern clip anything beyond the sound effects but you can definitely hear Escape from the City in Classic clip.

I liked seeing the little areas in the Modern clip that are straight from DC version like where you land after getting off the snowboard (I know it's not really a snow board but I can't think what to call it - a helicopter wing panel?) and then you have the stairs going up passed those three ledges and then the loop and run down a wall and finally the truck chase.

So awesome!

Edited by Captain Falcon

I was a bit dissapointed by the modern Sonic reimagining if I'm honest. He boarding part didn't look quite as fun... though I liked the shortcut... and it looked like you could probably get on the sloping roof of that new supermarket building or whatever near the start.

The 2D section didn't look like it played all that great.

There was no rail grinding down the long stair rail.

And what was with the buzzsaws on the truck... and that section didn't look as in your face.

Or maybe I was just annoyed by the fact that interviewer had absolutely no clue what he was talking about! Seriously how do these people get their jobs!

I was a bit dissapointed by the modern Sonic reimagining if I'm honest. He boarding part didn't look quite as fun... though I liked the shortcut... and it looked like you could probably get on the sloping roof of that new supermarket building or whatever near the start.

The 2D section didn't look like it played all that great.

There was no rail grinding down the long stair rail.

And what was with the buzzsaws on the truck... and that section didn't look as in your face.

Or maybe I was just annoyed by the fact that interviewer had absolutely no clue what he was talking about! Seriously how do these people get their jobs!

Grinding down the stairs was sweet - especially when you get to hop from one banister to another like that sweeping set right before the truck chase... but it just seemed to be single odd rails there (which were in the original too).

The guy doing the interview clearly didn't have a clue and at times, it didn't even sound like he cared - he should have shut up and let them play the music.

I thought the 2D part was a clever use of the truck and having it destroy and alter the level like that.

And while the saws feel unnecessary, it's there to help them pad the section a little. In the original, as long as you're holding down, you can't get hit. Here, it gives the player something to dodge. All the running into the camera/chase parts on Unleashed and Colours seem to make use of that dodge left, middle, right mechanic.

And it still looked pretty intense - I think the way the camera goes around the corners as if it's struggling to keep up helps with the effect.

Found a video from Sonic Boom which has the Generations version of Escape from the City:

Which reminds me to order the SA2 soundtrack.

5836898876_7c11753853_b.jpg

5836350571_312fb9ac7a_o.jpg

1000 made. None will be for sale - they will presumably be given out through competitions and stuff.

I still don't get how people can prefer Modern Sonic's design:shakehead

Anyway; I'll keep an eye on this, though I've not played a Sonic game since Rush/Secret Rings.

Appart from the RPG, but that doesn't really count.

I WANT THIS GAME RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Box art looks sweeeeeeet.

5922SG_360_PACK-FRONT.jpg

Your image link wasn't working for me so here it is again in case anyone missed it.

Sonic-Generations-PS3-box-art.jpg

That is nice, but I don't remember my classic Sonic being so dumpy.

This is classic Sonic to me:

2logo.jpg

It's almost like they are trying to make old school Sonic look worse than modern Sonic. Like Sega thought they want old Sonic back we'll fucking give him to them and make him old, chubby and a going slowly grey via dim blue!

I really like the box art!

And I think old style Sonic looks exactly the same as he does in the Sonic 2 image apart from being slightly lighter in colour. ::shrug:

This game looks unbelievable and I cant wait for it!

Just seen the Generations video of City Escape there. Video was gay, song sounded gay. Sounds like they Disney-fied/got those 3 brothers to sing it.

This game will suck. True story.

sonic_puts_on_his_troll_face__by_Aceboy82.png

This game will suck. True story.

Naa. I'm still in stage 1 of the sonic cycle!

I think everyone is in stage 1 of the sonic cycle at this point!

I'm not getting my hopes up; I don't expect much from SEGA anymore. I am keeping my eye on this though, and will probably get it if it ends up being good.