NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

It actually does look kinda promising.. :eek:

As all Sonic games have

I'm cautiously looking forward to this...

Classic Sonic's levels looks what the 3D games should have been like in the first place.

I know that I'm definitely going to love this game.

At least you're keeping your expectations in check.

At least you're keeping your expectations in check.

I knew I was going to love Unleashed and Colours. And you know what? I loved Unleashed and Colours.

I know that I'm definitely going to love this game.

Usually when you say these words, the game turns out to be decent...

...probably because we have similar taste in games but still. :heh:

On one side you've classic Sonic, who plays through much as you'd remember him from his 16 bit days, with a combination of the d-pad and a single jump button. On the other there's the dynamic 3D acrobatics of modern Sonic, complete with homing jump, dash attack, and an added sense of speed.

yep... That's me out :D

02nerf12.jpg

yep... That's me out :D

But that's where you play through as modern Sonic. There's still the Classic Sonic stuff in there.

The new trailer looks amazing.

Looks like a mash up of Sonic 4 levels (hopefully with homing jump as there was nothing wrong with it and it 'added' to the game) and Unleashed's day time stages - which were for me, absolutely brilliant.

I cannot wait for this game - sign me up for a pre-order right now.

Sonic Colours was good, but I did miss HD graphics - know that sounds stupid but that game was screaming out for smooth lines especially with how fast you went during some sequences.

Hope they do some sort of special edition of it what with it being the anniversary. Something like a nice tin or keyring freebie or at least something we can use to show off our fan boy-ness.

That'd be cool!

Out? You were never in. You haven't been for over ten years.

ha I was just referring to the way it was worded really. I liked sonic colours enough to be honest. I'll keep an eye on this.

The new trailer looks amazing.

Looks like a mash up of Sonic 4 levels (hopefully with homing jump as there was nothing wrong with it and it 'added' to the game) and Unleashed's day time stages - which were for me, absolutely brilliant.

I cannot wait for this game - sign me up for a pre-order right now.

Sonic Colours was good, but I did miss HD graphics - know that sounds stupid but that game was screaming out for smooth lines especially with how fast you went during some sequences.

Hope they do some sort of special edition of it what with it being the anniversary. Something like a nice tin or keyring freebie or at least something we can use to show off our fan boy-ness.

That'd be cool!

Count me in for an order 2!!

I agree with everything you said but i would assume the homing attack will be missing in the 'classic' sonic stages since it wouldn't make it classic but be all there and good for 'modern' sonic.

Count me in for an order 2!!

I agree with everything you said but i would assume the homing attack will be missing in the 'classic' sonic stages since it wouldn't make it classic but be all there and good for 'modern' sonic.

Yup i'm sensing that also. Though I want the homing attack dammit!! :wink:

Anyone think the fact that the level in the first trailer has lots of the colour missing, that there will be some sort of re-saturation mechanic?

sonic-the-hedgehog-20th-anniversary-project-untitled-20110418075143645-000.jpg

A whited-out menu that's slowly restored to full colour features - but we're yet to see how it works.

That's what made me think of it really. I don't really like the idea of it though, so I hope there isn't one.

So to me it looks like Classic Sonic Plays like the classic trilogy exclusively and Modern Sonic is all there current ideas that have 'Worked'. SEGA trying to appease both generations of Sonic fans. Let's see how this one turns out.

Yup i'm sensing that also. Though I want the homing attack dammit!! :wink:

OHHHHHH !:nono: haha :)

In case people haven't seen, here is the first gameplay trailer.

And here is the virtually complete run through of Green Hill with both versions of Sonic.

Edited by Captain Falcon
Posted wrong vid...

I'm impressed. The classic sonic sections play and look exactly like how Sonic 4 SHOULD have looked. New sonic 3d looks like the same ol same ol rollarcoaster ride experience. Wonder how it's going to be laid out.

Posted the wrong trailer there MCJ so I've swapped it now but it anything in there would have been covered by the second video anyway.

The physics do seem a lot more in keeping with what we are used too from the old games. I'd argue he's still moving a bit fast in 2D as you can't see that far ahead. That's where Sonic 4 was slightly better as his speed was much slower and it allowed you to see stuff coming up.

I'd hate to try and play that on a none widescreen TV - I've tried playing Sonic 4 on one and gave up... though he does sit slightly to the right of the screen which doesn't help.

I have a sudden urge to play Sonic 1...

I noticed they are using the Sonic CD jump sound effect which seems a bit odd to me, but whatever.

The music in the Classic section is wonderful. Not so keen on the Modern section's music.

That... actually looked pretty good I have to say. Has put my interest in this up quite a bit. Dare say i'm looking forward to it.