NEurope
Ike

Sonic Generations

New teaser trailer for the rumoured Sonic Generations title was released today on facebook (you don't need an account to view it).

I'm seeing double, 4 Sonics!

Edit: Found youtube video:

Edited by Ike

I see Sonic's current design and Sonic's original design.

What I dont see is any mention of Nintendo on that last shot. Will their consoles be getting their own game? Always proved a bigger seller for the series. Even Sonic unleased, that was two different games with the HD and SD versions saw the Wii and PS2 being mentioned at the end of the trailers.

Ha, I wasn't expecting that. Pretty awesome :D

Still don't have high hopes mind you.

I see Sonic's current design and Sonic's original design.

What I dont see is any mention of Nintendo on that last shot. Will their consoles be getting their own game? Always proved a bigger seller for the series. Even Sonic unleased, that was two different games with the HD and SD versions saw the Wii and PS2 being mentioned at the end of the trailers.

I think Sega are working on a 3DS Sonic are they not, and there was Sonic Colours as an exclusive, so yeah maybe Nintendo are getting different games now, which might be for the best, we'll have to see what direction this one takes.

Though I suppose they are getting the Downloadable Sonic 4 Episodes along with the other consoles.

I think Sega are working on a 3DS Sonic are they not, and there was Sonic Colours as an exclusive, so yeah maybe Nintendo are getting different games now, which might be for the best, we'll have to see what direction this one takes.

Though I suppose they are getting the Downloadable Sonic 4 Episodes along with the other consoles.

SEGA have said they are making a 3DS Sonic game but other than that, there is nothing known about it.

Sonic colours was exclusive yeah but I don't see why they would let that interfere with the 20th anniversary celebrations. Maybe they will be getting their own but unless it has nothing in common with this one, why skip their name off of a pre rendered teaser trailer.

Hmm that true, I'd overlooked this being for the 20th Anniversary.

Unless it was a mistake, I guess Nintendo are getting a completely different concept?

Unless it was a mistake, I guess Nintendo are getting a completely different concept?

The Wii will be getting a port of Sonic Compilation that was released on Mega Drive (containing Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine) in a special tin with a booklet detailing the history of Sonic and a CD with one track from each game and some sound effects on it.

Well i'm a sonic fanboy and have pretty much enjoyed every sonic game! Except one or 2 that is...

So yeah i will be looking forward 2 this!

The Wii will be getting a port of Sonic Compilation that was released on Mega Drive (containing Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine) in a special tin with a booklet detailing the history of Sonic and a CD with one track from each game and some sound effects on it.
That's a joke right!?... right?

That's a joke right!?... right?

Surely he's referencing Nintendo's poor Mario 25th anniversary output...

I like how old school Sonic is from a time before they made Sonic a massive cockend

I like the look of old Sonic in a 3D movie. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

This could potentially be an awesome and interesting take on a game. Wonder how retro Sonic will play out.

That's if all goes well.

Erm...there's only one Sonic, no?

Hmmm. Although the shit games now have an excuse...

I like the look of old Sonic in a 3D movie. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

I think the way his arms move was the most brilliant touch about it.

Erm...there's only one Sonic, no?

Hmmm. Although the shit games now have an excuse...

Has the story ever had to make sense?

Two words can make it work:

Parallel. Dimensions.

Has the story ever had to make sense?

I didn't even know that the original ones even had a story until a few years ago. I had no clue that it was set on a planet called Mobius or the whole deal with Knuckles and where the chaos emeralds are from.

It was just a game. Just like they still are. Sure, they have their own plots but I still don't see Sonic as a game where the games are connected in any way. They don't even have to make sense within each game.

Well, they could be doing a Sonic CD-esque time travel mechanic or something....

I will admit, seeing retro Sonic has got me excited but I didn't really care for Sonic 4 and I suspect it'll probably be like that which means regardless of the character model, we'll still have overly floaty jump mechanics and the various other things Sega got wrong with Sonic's animation and movement in 4.

The 3D platform bit at the beginning looked good.

I am not well versed in 3D Sonic, so...have they ever actually done a game like that (i.e.)...a 3D version of a 2D game...as in like a "Green Hill Zone" in 3D. Not just a "Futuristic City" as the level.

The 3D platform bit at the beginning looked good.

I am not well versed in 3D Sonic, so...have they ever actually done a game like that (i.e.)...a 3D version of a 2D game...as in like a "Green Hill Zone" in 3D. Not just a "Futuristic City" as the level.

Also, I can't say that the Sonic cycle has ever applied to me.

Edited by Cube