NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Comes To Europe!!!!

Daftada is on the ball about translators, I am sure Nintendo will bring it out over here, it's just going to take some time for it too, that is all, besides...I bet a lot of people have a huge backlog of games to complete still. Better not add this game to the list for a while.

Yeah...I had no doubt

Happy days. Long live the Wii! Not sure if I like the addition of "chronicles" to the title but we are getting the game so I won't dwell on it. Seems like everything gets appended with chronicles these days. ::shrug:

Now announce the Last Story for western markets at E3 please. :grin:

Wow, this looks pretty good :o Huge landscapes to roam...awesome! Definitely got a MH vibe from the videos as well, though the combat seems to be a bit different.

Happy days. Long live the Wii! Not sure if I like the addition of "chronicles" to the title but we are getting the game so I won't dwell on it. Seems like everything gets appended with chronicles these days. ::shrug:

Now announce the Last Story for western markets at E3 please. :grin:

Yeh.. give us some Last Story Chronicles..

It's great news that this is coming but I'm more interested in The Last Story than this. I'm getting a bit of a Monster Hunter flavour from Xenoblade and, unfortuntely, Tri didn't set my world alight..

I seemed to be the same unfortunately :/

I can totally see that Monster Hunter Tri is a great game, it's just not for me.

I'll still be getting this to see what it's like though, wasn't expecting that announcement at all!

It's great news that this is coming but I'm more interested in The Last Story than this. I'm getting a bit of a Monster Hunter flavour from Xenoblade and, unfortuntely, Tri didn't set my world alight..

This game has a story, which clearly defines a goal (and it isn't "learn to kill the strongest monster you can find for stuff and then do it again for more stuff").

Although it shares oversized weapons and monsters with MH, the combat system looks much more like a what you'd find in a MMORPG (it's ability- (vs. skill) and stat-based):

From what I read on neogaf, people having played both consider this the much better RPG, although Last Story is supposed to be quite fun (especially the combat).

I certainly do hope we'll eventually see Last Story brought over, too and with the announcement of this, there is definitely more hope than before. For now however, I'm happy with this. ^^

Edited by Burny

I went all girly reading about this being confirmed for a European release, really can't wait :D

If this is getting a release here, you can bet The Last Story will. It's been hinted at enough and with this confirmed, makes it that much more likely.

I went all girly reading about this being confirmed for a European release, really can't wait :D

If this is getting a release here, you can bet The Last Story will. It's been hinted at enough and with this confirmed, makes it that much more likely.

Like I keep saying, both these games have a huge amount of text and dialog, it was going to take time to translate. Why bother announcing the game over here until it's basically done in translation and almost all ready to go?

I really like this approach more and more now with Nintendo, and the announce a game and release in less then 4 months (Most of the time) attitude. It allows us gamers to get right into it with basically no expectations and making the game more enjoyable (Well for me anyway)

Like I keep saying, both these games have a huge amount of text and dialog, it was going to take time to translate. Why bother announcing the game over here until it's basically done in translation and almost all ready to go?

I really like this approach more and more now with Nintendo, and the announce a game and release in less then 4 months (Most of the time) attitude. It allows us gamers to get right into it with basically no expectations and making the game more enjoyable (Well for me anyway)

Yeah it has crap loads of text (especially The Last Story), but there was very little to actually to go on for a confirmation for Europe, especially with it being an RPG and absolutely no confirmation, so it's good to have it.

People have only been running on blind belief/faith for a worldwide release for these 2 till recently. I'd rather they said "Yeah it's coming", then properly announce it closer to release.

Waiting for RPGs is just a pain in the ass.

Who is Peter Dickson?

Because this just appeared on Twitter:

Just finished my voice acting on Xenoblade Chronicles The Biggest RPG for the Wii. I play emperor Sorean the emperor of high Entia. Out Sept

Who is Peter Dickson?

Because this just appeared on Twitter:

From his twitter (:p):

Voiceover Man - You know, off of X Factor, Live at the Apollo, E4, Britain's Got Talent, Family Fortunes and all that.

Edit: Just realized he let slip the (rough) release date :)

Edited by Ike

Never watched any of the shows...

He seems to have a great voice, but with a quick Youtube search I can only find examples of funny stuff he voices:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So, he's the emperor something in an epic RPG? If he's going to say stuff that's supposed to be serious, like: "We are under attack! Man the defenses!" in that exclamation tone it's going to be hilarious. :D

How good, that the Japanese voice acting is intact. They can be as over-dramatic as they like, I won't understand them anyway. :p

September 6th is my birthday! So if this comes out before then...I might be able to buy it for myself.

Forever_Alone.png