NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Nintendo making a MMORPG?

Reggie Fils-Aime, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Nintendo of America, said he hopes to see another type of game really take off with the Revolution.

"I hope [massively multiplayer online games] are really explored on this system," he said. "That's a genre, from the home console standpoint, that really hasn't been explored very well."

Soruce

Maybe he's just hoping...

This would be awesome! There was one due for xbox that got canned (I cant remember the name - Johelian will) but they should buy that and do it for the Revo!!!!!

I think you are right about him just hoping. Who wouldnt like to have a game like World of Warcraft on their game console. It is a very popular genre, and a very profitable genre.

Reggie "giving a clue/hinting" confirming that Revolution will see mmo games. Just as Nintendo have already done with FPS on the Revolution.

If it is pokemon... :yay: it's just to good to be true. Probably animal crossing revolution, and its great too!

Imho, also The Legend of Zelda series could be adapted to make a MMRPG, but it would be very different from the MMRPGs as we know them (and that I don't like, by the way... real time battles forever! ^^ )

I can already see the races among which you'll have to choose your pg:

-Hylian

-Goron

-Zora

-Kokiri

-Gerudo

-Rito

-Koroks (?)

-Deku (why not? ;) )

... and many others! there are lots of Zelda games for ispiration, and they could create new races, too.

About jobs, they could be:

-Knight (rides horses and is a sword master)

-Adventurer (uses many different weapons)

-Sage (a white mage who can cure too)

-Sheikah (a black mage with some ninja-like abilities)

and maybe others, I'm not an expert of MMRPGs (since I don't play them), so I can't think of other jobs right now.

What do you think? Could a Zelda MMRPG be possible?

After all, Miyamoto said that "Twilight Princess" is going to be the last Zelda game "like we know it".

Was he only talking about the new Revolution controller, which will provide a different gameplay with Zelda games, or was he talking about a radical change in the series?

I would really like to know your opinions about this matter. :)

dude deku races would rock. I don't think there will be a zelda MMO per say but maybe an MMO set in hyrule ie no one is link or maybe have a game master be link o_O

I'm sure either Mario,Zelda or Pokemon will be a MMORPG. Possibly two!

I have heard lots of rumours that Nintendo are making a mario mmorpg and when Miyamato said Twilight Princess will be 'the last Zelda game as we know it' it makes a Zelda MMORPG very likely on Rev.

An MMOG set in Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule would be really cool and I guess since Nintendo are finally going online properly we will see some MMOGs.

Animal Crossing Wild World falls under this term a bit as I see it, since you can interact with people online (sure it lacks the massively aspect) in a village (at least I hope so, I don't have the game yet).

i really want a pokemon mmorpg. the basics are perfect for it. it would also be different to any other MMORPG out there.

MMORPG would screw zelda. plain and simple.

i do like the pokemon idea though. i can see hoards of people teaming up with their pikachus all trying to take out a giant rarely spawning lugia...

then some dirty sod sneaking in and catching it, pissing off thousands upon thousands of gamers!

A Pokemon MMORPG would be the best ever!!

Could they make it so that there could be a major tournament every so often and everyone had to go to the stadium and enter and you would be given a time and date to fight your first round match (just like in the cartoon) against someone and eventually the tournament would progress until you had a winner!!

Either a Pokemon, or a brand new MMORPG would be great. What I don't like about most MMORPGs is that they're so damn complicated, constantly having to keep track of stats, items and about a billion important keyboard shortcuts. I hope Nintendo do what they do best and make a sweet, simple, immersive, fun MMORPG.

although the rev would have an awesome mmorpg i think a ds would have a better one. with touch screen controls it would be awesome.

i do like the pokemon idea though. i can see hoards of people teaming up with their pikachus all trying to take out a giant rarely spawning lugia...

then some dirty sod sneaking in and catching it, pissing off thousands upon thousands of gamers!

That would be amazing :o

I want a pokemon Rpg just like that. And you can relese your pokemon and have them run beside you and stuff..

:love: Not a one where you enter a battle like the ones on GBA.

btw... the bread that i'm eating.. has mold on it.. do you think it's wrong to still eat it?

How about an All Stars MMO? It would have all the Ninty characters in it and Bowser would be the big boss! You could be Mario or Zelda or Ash or anyone you liked! Or maybe you could be yourself and they are all in the game, each one resident in their own themed area? Would be sweet!

On paper there is only one true candidate for the mmorpg treatment and that is pokemon. The series is perfectly suited to that sort of game, far more than mario or zelda are.

Sign in to follow this