NEurope
flameboy

Batman movie series to be rebooted wtf...

Warner Bros chief Jeff Robinov has admitted that Batman is going to be "reinvented".

Robinov explained that after the third in the current Batman series, the franchise will be completely altered.

He further revealed that current director Christopher Nolan will produce the reboot alongside wife Emma Thomas.

Robinov said: "We have the third Batman, but then we'll have to reinvent Batman."

When asked if he meant a reboot, he replied: "I do. Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is."

In addition, superhero film Justice League is set to be released in 2013, a year after The Dark Knight Rises and Superman: Man of Steel come to the big screen.

However, the director and stars of the film are yet to be decided.

Also on Warner Bros' agenda are movies The Flash and Wonder Woman, which are expected to spin off from the Justice League film. Greg Berlanti allegedly turned in a script for The Flash last December, yet no news has been heard since.

Robinov commented: "Wonder Woman could be a film as well, the same way that Superman Returns came out while Smallville was on."

Watch Gary Oldman discuss Christopher Nolan's future with the Batman franchise below:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a311761/warner-bros-batman-franchise-to-be-rebooted.html

WTF is this shit? Early april fools?!

I'd heard about Wonder Woman being some sort of TV series, but they need to stop "rebooting/rebranding/reinventing" these characters so soon.

Move onto a different superhero and come back later.

I don't think it's that bad. It's been obvious from Nolan's previous comments that he didn't want to do anything with Batman after this trilogy ended. Going for a new interpretation could be good. We've had campy, gothic, nipples then serious.

This isn't unexpected.

TDKR was always gonna be Nolan and Bales last film, so the franchise was always gonna have to reboot itself again somehow. And it was always important that Nolans story remained focused and not continued under a new director, with a new lead actor.

What makes it a little confusing however is Nolans continued involvement.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd rather see a reboot than sequels without Nolan as a director, to be honest.

I would be more than happy to see a sequel without Nolan, but without Bale, pfffft. Unless they introduced Nightwing in this film and did a handover with a new director.

Otherwise, reboot is cool. There are so many versions of the comic, it's pretty much the same thing. Different style, different look, different story.

Who knows, maybe this could be linked to the returning Justice League movie rumours and they want to have a Batman more in line with that world.

I hate this reboot trend we're going through.

Can't we accept previous films were a bit pony (not always the case, definitely not in terms of Batman) and just create something using the character(s) but completely seperate without having to go back to the beginning. Better yet, middle finger to the plot holes and carry on the previous story with a different cast/production/style.

Police Academy would never consider a reboot!!

Eh? .

What?

I'm saying he should complete this trilogy and then STOP!

Big time/obviously.

With a "comic book" Batman movie they'll be able to align it for JLA etc, which wouldn't be done/possible in the Nolan-verse. I'm happy. Its its own amazing thing. Now lets move on.

Comic books have hundreds of "alternate" realities, so its all good.

Comic books have hundreds of "alternate" realities, so its all good.

That they do, must of them utterly bizarre, pointless and confusing to the general public, who will just see it as another Batman film.

When I saw the thread title I thought it made perfect sense. Nolan's trilogy will be it's own thing and someone else can start again.

But a reboot with Nolan directing again just seems odd.

We've had campy, gothic, nipples then serious.

Or:

Good, Okay, Surreal and Big Boy Voice.

Please quit while you're ahead Nolan. Pretty please?

I refuse!

Oh this isn't about me at all....

Seems odd to be talking about rebooting a series before the current boot is even finished.

When I saw the thread title I thought it made perfect sense. Nolan's trilogy will be it's own thing and someone else can start again.

But a reboot with Nolan directing again just seems odd.

It doesnt say he will be directing the reboot, just producing

I've just read further into this. Do WB have a fucking clue what they're doing?

DKR in 2012.

Then they're rebooting Batman...and we're getting JLA in 2013? Huh?

The reason why Avengers is going to be awesome is because A) Avengers is awesome and B) We will have had four interlinking solo films by then. How many are we gonna get between 2012 and 2013? Fucking idiots.

Yeah it seems there plan is to do it the other way round, JLA first!

Meaning absolute character/info fucking overload!! *explodes*

I thought Superman and Batman weren't going to be in the JLA film anyway?

Please quit while you're ahead Nolan. Pretty please?

Uh, that's blatantly WHY it's going to be a reboot!

You don't have to request that of Nolan, he's the type of director who obviously always wants to do new things. I think he had to be convinced to even do a third Batman movie.

He's not the type of director who wants to do endless sequels by a long shot.

I'm pretty sure when they say he's "producing" a reboot what they mean is they just want to ensure that the series wont suddenly go to shit and he'll help maintain a high quality level.

I've just read further into this. Do WB have a fucking clue what they're doing?

DKR in 2012.

Then they're rebooting Batman...and we're getting JLA in 2013? Huh?

Is their plan to have one Batman movie released every year? Aren't people going to get sick of him?

I agree with Nolan as well, why are they already thinking about a reboot when TDKR hasn't even been shown? Makes me think that they're blatantly only thinking about churning out money instead of making a great movie...

The reason why Avengers is going to be awesome is because A) Avengers is awesome and B) We will have had four interlinking solo films by then. How many are we gonna get between 2012 and 2013? Fucking idiots.

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor. That's five.

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor. That's five.

I counted Iron Man as one film.

That sounds believable.