NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

I love StreetPass, it's so blinkin' brilliant! I go out every day just to do it, or at least earn 10 coins for the jigsaws. Got two more today, although I still haven't got past the 3rd room in StreetPass Quest:

miis1april001.jpg

It's actually a very clever idea, as I must admit it's made me consider playing the games they have as their favourite.

Not even looked into this function of the 3ds at all yet.

Going into town tomorrow so will take my 3ds for a little exploration! :D

One question - do you just leave your 3ds on the main menu screen, with the system turned on and lid closed?

Or do you physically need to go into the Mii Maker / Street Pass application then go off on your travels picking Mii's up?!

I think as long as its shut and the wireless is on then its fine. I tend to use the Nintendogs pedometer and it still picks up street pass people.

Or do you physically need to go into the Mii Maker / Street Pass application then go off on your travels picking Mii's up?!

Just to clarify, they enter the Mii Plaza, not the Mii Maker (although from what Ashley said I'm sure the system just needs to be on). When you get one, you see a green light on the exterior of the 3DS, and a green dot on the Mii Plaza icon. Oh, you have to actually activate StreetPass the first time too.

Here's a tip: it's important that when you do enter your Mii Plaza (you can leave it until you get home, in case you get more than one), you have to use them in StreetPass Quest and Puzzle Quest straight away (or at least before you exit the Plaza). Otherwise, you won't be able to use them in those games.

I think as long as its shut and the wireless is on then its fine. I tend to use the Nintendogs pedometer and it still picks up street pass people.

thank you confirming that Ash, not managed to pick up anyone while using nintendogs pedometre so far, so was beginning to wonder if it interferred.

I've not had anyone more StreetPasses since my first on Monday... I hate living in this near empty (well empty as far as gaming in concerned I guess) part of the world :heh:

I've started if I'm driving the car and the passenger seat is empty, I leave the 3DS there just in case someone on the footpath next to me when stopped at lights might have a 3DS :heh:

I went to town today and picked up one when we were in Starbucks. Didn't get anything from any game shops or the 3DS tour booth, though, which my wife managed on Thursday. She also managed to get another StreetPass today which I didn't, even though we were with each other the whole time!

I went into town today and got my first street pass!

When i got home i unzipped the case and saw a green light!

I was made up.

Really nice little feature!

Worrying that it's inconsistent - if your wife picked it up but you didn't!!

Worrying that it's inconsistent - if your wife picked it up but you didn't!!

Yeah, very odd. Annoying too, as she'd already had four more in her StreetPass Plaza than me to begin with!

I got my first today, not from GAME but from some randomer in town.

It is a bit worrying if it is intermittent

I found eight today!

Tried out the Puzzle thing and the Quest and its quite cool, really nice idea. Shame I didn't realise before you do it for the latest people you meet, so all those I have met in the past can't be used :(

I spent 11 hours in Manchester City Centre today with my 3DS in my bag, and after 17540 steps(ish) I found 5 Miis! Used them all up immediately on one stupid ghost in Quest and got a few more pieces for the puzzles. :)

picked up 3 mii's on my travel to/and at work today (Airport ftw)

I love taking my 3ds out of my bag to see the green notification light lit! :D

I wonder how long it will take until I get a Mii. In fact, I don't think that I'll ever get one if I don't go to a big city. At least we can buy heroes with the coins.

I love taking my 3ds out of my bag to see the green notification light lit! :D

Actually, here's a question about that. Do any of you get plenty of StreetPasses with your 3DS in a case and in your bag?

I bought the Power A Executive case and went out yesterday with that in my bag. Despite the town centre being absolutely packed, and me going in every game shop for a while, I only got one, and I might even have taken it out of my bag then.

Went into town yesterday and got another guest :) Went to Gamestation and Grainger Games so it was probably from one of them. Hopefully the bigger cities will give out more Miis.

Actually, here's a question about that. Do any of you get plenty of StreetPasses with your 3DS in a case and in your bag?

Yes mine was, picked up 2 so far. Will be fine as long as your bag isn't made out of metal or something.

Not got anything on mine yet, which is disappointing as I went out every day last week, and through central London twice, but nothing.

Have travelled to Portsmouth this weekend and been pleasently surprised every time I went out - I now have 10 Mii's in total. 2 were from Guildford train station, 2 more from an ASDA trip (one upon entry one upon leaving), another from a later ASDA visit, and 2 from a walk to Southsea and back. I also got another one on the train home today :D

Love seeing that green notification light lit! I'm back at work tomorrow so think I might leave my 3DS in the stock room, the wall on the other side is the Wii bay and picked one up there once so worth a shot! :D

I got nothing, went out Saturday all day, into a bigish Shopping centre over here, then walking home for a couple hours

nothing..nothing at all ;-;

me and my friend tried to streetpass each other and were sat next to each other for 5 minutes until we gave up and just added each other as friends.

that is the only streetpasses we both have too.

Is there something wrong with certian peoples streetpasses possibly? Surely we should have streetpassed each other straight away?

Would be nice to know precisely how it works. It's causing a bit of frustration. Does street pass work when playing games for example? Or only when in sleep mode? Does it check every few mins for other devices or can it pick them up instantly? How long does it need etc etc.

Would be nice to know precisely how it works. It's causing a bit of frustration. Does street pass work when playing games for example? Or only when in sleep mode? Does it check every few mins for other devices or can it pick them up instantly? How long does it need etc etc.

I'm almost certain that it only works in sleep mode, but I'm not sure about the specifics, like how often it checks or what the range is.

Got my first girl today!

I think this is great - it's amazing how just seeing the little green light gets you all excited!

I've picked up 6 so far. All have been whilst my 3DS was in a case which was inside my briefcase.

Does anyone know how close you need to be? I must confess that I've started walking past people a bit closer than I used to, purely for the Street Pass!