NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Keep forgetting to post my recent StreetPass tales, haha, so these will cover the last few weeks.

The local (and only) game shop in Waterford finally got proper demo units in store. When they first got them I didn't notice as kids were playing on them, covering them up. Only found out when I got a StreetPass Mii with the name "Gamestop" :heh: Though they have the location settings wrong with it saying it's from the UK. I told the manager and gave them a tip to use the "greeting" message as a way to advertise but they still haven't changed anything :heh:

Everytime I go in there now I go over to the demo units and make sure the Wifi is turned on... sometimes its turned off.

I also got my first StreetPass hit inside of a Tesco last week which was surprising. I always bring my 3DS with me but only now had I gotten a hit in Tesco while shopping, haha. Was the other persons first hit too always nice being someones first, haha.

And just last Monday went to pick my mother up from work, had the 3DS in my pocket of course and just sat in the car outside her work playing 3D Xevious while I waited for her. When I got home I got a Hit, haha. Someone must have walked past the car with a 3DS while I was parked. Wasn't sure if it would work through the car, haha.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get myself a Street Pass... I just don't take the console with me anywhere. I never carry a bag and it's too big and a pain in the ass to carry in my pocket. I honestly think it'll forever be a handheld home console to me. :hmm:

I don't really take my 3DS out that often either because it is a wee bit big to carry in my pockets and even if it doesn't feel too bad, I'd always be afraid of damaging it somehow :hmm:

I did, however, have it out with me yesterday in Belfast because the weather wasn't great and I wore a coat with a pocket perfect for it :heh: It was a bit of a waste of time, though, because I didn't manage to get any StreetPass action.. the only positive was getting my 10 coins for all the walking around :indeed:

I got my first ever street pass today, the excitement running through my veins was so intense I thought I was going to pass out.

I'd never played Street Pass Quest so that was kinda fun, if short lived with my street pass and my Mii. It's awesome though, got a Mario hat and everything. I'll definately be taking my 3DS around with me more often.

I got a StreetPass while taking the baby for a walk down the beach today, haha.

Yes I take my 3DS EVERYWHERE.

Though the little bugger (I assume it was a kid as the Mii was short) had no Puzzle pieces for me :mad:

I'd not had a street pass for months (in fairness i'd not been anywhere i'd expect a street pass like the city)

then i got one while going to see Thor....in the cinema during the movie

then i got one, and you'll not believe this

on the motorway!

on my way back from France on the M1 got to a service station and got the 3DS out and there it was blinking away

I'd been having a bit of a streetpass drought recently, until I went to Gamefest last Friday. I got 44 streetpasses and 8 Street Fighter IV battles. :grin:

Got 20 or so streetpasses today. Was at Gamefest in Birmingham.

For anyone in London don't forget Eurogamer is on next week, your sure to get a ton of streetpasses if you attend or hang around outside.

Got my 3DS three days ago, took it with me today when I went into Wigan town centre. Got my first streetpass in the town centre and then got another one in the bus home :) They were two guys called Rob and Mike. It's a really nice idea, love it! Can't wait to get more now :)

I finished all my puzzles now, I only have 6 so am still missing one, I think it's a Kirby one (i remember reading somewhere there was a Kirby one, if so that's what I'm missing)

Though haven't had a proper streetpass in ages now. Just ones from demo units in the local Gamestop.

Speaking of which has anyone figured out what the range is for 2 3DS's to make a streetpass?

The other day I only walked passed the GameStop, never went inside and somehow got a Streetpass from one of the two demo units. Now admitidly I'm not great at judging distances but I'd say was at least maybe 30 - 40 feet away, I may be way off on that estimate but whatever the distance is, it is a distance I didn't expect possible to get a streetpass within.

Though it's only ever happened the once to me too.

Speaking of which has anyone figured out what the range is for 2 3DS's to make a streetpass?

I believe it's 20-30m (33-66ft). That's what the instruction manuals say about "wireless communication", and whilst they're probably talking about gaming, 66ft seems quite likely as a maximum for StreetPass. Admittedly, I've had StreetPasses when I was far closer than 33ft.

And yes, there is a Kirby puzzle.

Manchester city centre has been good so far for me :) I usually get 2-3 each time I go, my Mii Plaza is slowly getting bigger now :)

Just checked my 3DS for the first time this week and I seem to have streetpassed a Hamish, in London, who has been playing Freakyforms and likes dogs and drawing, 6 days ago (last friday). Is it you @Hamishmash?

I want a StreetPass! Over the years, on bark mode and tag mode and whatever else I've only had one or two organised encounters. There must be a random 3DS StreetPass out there... there must be.

I just want someone to use as fodder in the StreetPass Quest! My Mii needs rescued and the hired cats are making slow progress. :laughing:

You need a regular anyway, darksnowman. A once-only Mii is no better than a Lvl 1 hired warrior, and can even be worse because you occasionally get a Lvl 2 warrior. No GAMEs or HMVs near you?

Yeah, why do you ask?

They're the best (only) places I've been able to get regular StreetPasses, building the demo unit Miis up to Level 7. :)

They're the best (only) places I've been able to get regular StreetPasses, building the demo unit Miis up to Level 7. :)

We probably don't have that facility over here but I'll check em out and report back. : peace:

How do you go about that? All the demo units I have encountered have been level 1. :(

How do you go about that? All the demo units I have encountered have been level 1. :(
You need to StreetPass the same person (or demo unit) multiple times in order for it to Level up. Twice for Lv 2, three times for Lv 3, etc...

If anyone is still playing through the SteetPass Quest and doesn't have much luck getting SP hits, I posted some tips here:

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showpost.php?p=1402346&postcount=24

: peace:

You need to StreetPass the same person (or demo unit) multiple times in order for it to Level up. Twice for Lv 2, three times for Lv 3, etc...

Do you have to keep them in your plaza? I've just been passing GAME, getting the Mii, using them and then deleting them. I usually get the same Miis everytime I pass by but they are always level 1.

Do you have to keep them in your plaza? I've just been passing GAME, getting the Mii, using them and then deleting them. I usually get the same Miis everytime I pass by but they are always level 1.
I've never deleted a Mii from my plaza before, but if you've definitely been passing the same Mii and it's still level 1, then yeah you must need to keep them in the plaza in order for it to recognise additional StreetPass hits and level up.

If anyone is still playing through the SteetPass Quest and doesn't have much luck getting SP hits, I posted some tips here:

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showpost.php?p=1402346&postcount=24

: peace:

Thanks for that! :bowdown:

Can you reorder your guys then? I'd been using magic if it sounded effective already (what kind of noob you think I am? :heh:) but I thought you just had to take your cats in the order you roll them. I tried poisoning or putting a ghost to sleep with my last cat the other day to see if it would carry on to the next day but it didn't. If I could put status effect cats at the front that would be really helpful.

I saved my coins from yesterday, got two StreetPasses (from Game) and will add todays ten to that and blitz atleast one room of StreetPass Quest tonight!

You can skip a go which just sends that cat/Mii to the back of the lineup, that way you can order your fighters the way you want them.

I need to get back on this, still haven't finished the first quest yet. I have 160 coins sitting there so I may try and blitz it. :D

New Streetpass Quest is excellent. Great hats and new challenges. This is the update the 3DS needed much sooner, but better late than never.

Hope the updates keep coming to keep this excellent mode fresh forever.