NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

The hotspots no longer use the cloud, they use O2 wifi so it's a slightly different set of shops to visit. Chains that should all have hotspots include Argos, HMV, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Costa, Subway, Debenhams, Santander, Matalan, B&Q, Homebase and Waitrose, and it's also used by quite a few pubs/restaurants. You should also get passes from Game as they are the current provider of Nintendo Zones. You can usually get passes from outside the shops, but it can take a little while to activate so just walking past is rarely enough. Either go in or pause outside. Big shops can have several relays so are good for getting lots of passes. Good luck with finding those pieces!

I had no idea it had changed! Thanks so much dude! I'll make sure I hit the right places tomorrow :D

Back when they added the fishing and zombie games in April.

An yeah, forgot about that update. Probably because I never played the new games.

What's going on with the hotspot thing? Is the cloud still working? I used to get hundreds of streetpasses in York and Leeds last summer, and this past week I've had very few. In fact in Leeds I walked around the city centre for an hour and only got ONE streetpass. Anyone know what's going on? I wanna get all the purple puzzle pieces before I go back to Russia and at this rate I won't manage it.

There's a google map style locator for zones, you can use it to plan your route around an area. It's what I do.

Aww...I hoped this might be about new Streetpass Games.

Tbh I've given up on spotpass.. they all seem to be switched off in the places I'm able to get to.. there's one that works but I have to go into the shop and it takes a while before I get a pass... and even then there only seem to be 3/4 to pick up :/

Finally got all the A+ fish! :bouncy:

20160522_093424_zpsiogwghha.jpg

No homepass involved, just streetpasses and relay points. This is the most ridiculously difficult challenge, especially some of the tiny fish where they have no unique baits. Taken weeks to get the last couple of fish.

Just need one more birthday for a complete set of plaza tickets (surely someone must have been born on 26th October!) and that's everything in the plaza done. I guess any more updates are unlikely now, though it would be nice to at least get the puzzles we're missing.

Finally got all the A+ fish! :bouncy:

20160522_093424_zpsiogwghha.jpg

No homepass involved, just streetpasses and relay points. This is the most ridiculously difficult challenge, especially some of the tiny fish where they have no unique baits. Taken weeks to get the last couple of fish.

Just need one more birthday for a complete set of plaza tickets (surely someone must have been born on 26th October!) and that's everything in the plaza done. I guess any more updates are unlikely now, though it would be nice to at least get the puzzles we're missing.

If you have another 3DS you can simply set another Mii to it with that birthday. Would you consider it cheating? I have four 3DS's (between me and my bro, 2 originals and 2 New XLs) that I started using for streetpasses, but haven't played in a while (I rarely go out and the local city relays are random as fuck). I have most of the games at "complete but not 100%" before I could stomach playing them EVERYDAY no more. Been a while...could probably give 'em another go...MAYBE.

If you have another 3DS you can simply set another Mii to it with that birthday. Would you consider it cheating?

Not necessarily cheating, but I wouldn't get any satisfaction from finishing like that. The whole game centres around the random aspect of meeting the right miis. Without the thrill of the hunt it's just ticking boxes so what's the point? It's the same reason I've never used homepass, although I have changed clothes colour and bounced the baitless fish between family 3DSs or it would have taken a lot longer!

It's worth noting that Streetpass Plaza finally has a Miiverse community!

Also, no-one can top my Slot Car!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

It seems the update come with a nice surprise. I went to the Cinema last night and took my 3DS with me to get some passes for the slot car game from a relay that was close by. I got 6 passes and went to the puzzle game. You now get bonus pieces! I ended up getting 15 from one guy and got 50 puzzle pieces in total from just 6 people. Crazy!

It seems the update come with a nice surprise. I went to the Cinema last night and took my 3DS with me to get some passes for the slot car game from a relay that was close by. I got 6 passes and went to the puzzle game. You now get bonus pieces! I ended up getting 15 from one guy and got 50 puzzle pieces in total from just 6 people. Crazy!

Sweet! It stores 100 people, too. Plus there's quick access feture, too. Also, the Anouma special Mii's last game played is Triforce Heroes. I hope that's a hint "don't forget the game, that last bit of dlc is due soon."

What a terrible time for my battery to mess up, making my 3DS useless for StreetPass :hmm:

I'm starting to feel obsessed with the idea of purchasing a New 3DS. How has this happened? When I look at my original model now, it irritates me :shakehead

What a terrible time for my battery to mess up, making my 3DS useless for StreetPass :hmm:

I'm starting to feel obsessed with the idea of purchasing a New 3DS. How has this happened? When I look at my original model now, it irritates me :shakehead

Join us, join us in the "let's load MonHun quicker" club!

It is a nifty little upgrade, things booting up nice and quick, running games like Hyrule Warriors well, SNES VC, etc.

"and then take ages to start a quest" club! :heh:

:hug:

"and then take ages to start a quest" club! :heh:

:hug:

Yeah, do you guys always play like that? It was like playing with Mokong all over again!

It is a nifty little upgrade, things booting up nice and quick, running games like Hyrule Warriors well, SNES VC, etc.

Trying to load up Monster Hunter, or indeed Hyrule Warriors, won't be an issue for me regardless of which system I own :heh:

I'm praying for a good deal now in the run up to Christmas. I thought I definitely wanted the black one but the white has grown on me since it was released :smile:

Is the current Tesco deal of a white New 3DS with 16GB Micro SD and nose/ear/eyebrow hair trimmer (Hey.. I had to take it over the threshold to qualify for the discount code :heh:) for £130 too good to pass up or would it be wise to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks..? ::shrug:

Yeah, do you guys always play like that? It was like playing with Mokong all over again!
Hahaha! They're not that bad. :laughing:

No offense, Mokong if you're reading this. :hehe:

Good times...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he use SnS or Dual Blades.

The whole point of the Sword & Shield is the element you use. Without choosing the right element, I vastly reduce the amount of damage I end up doing. Same with Dual Blades.

DCubed just ends up doing real life stuff after every quest.

Nah, he used to main the Charge Axe. He just liked to go shopping and look in his box after every quest. My nephew used to do this as well. It's always drove me mad. :mad:

I updated my 3DS this morning but when I checked my streetpasses just now they were listed as 6/10 still and not /100. This happening for anyone else?

I updated my 3DS this morning but when I checked my streetpasses just now they were listed as 6/10 still and not /100. This happening for anyone else?

I think the 100 thing is locked behind the premium paywall.

You need to buy the premium plaza to get access to the 100 mii queue. Even then it can still only collect 10 passes at a time, then you have to open the plaza and manually put them into the queue yourself. If you're somewhere with a lot of relays it's a big improvement on having to play through the games in the street though.

Grumble grumble grumble. Back in my drawer the 3DS goes then :(

I've probably never been happier taking my 3DS out and about with me :hehe: Receiving lots of puzzle pieces from each person you meet feels much more rewarding and I'm loving the Slot Racing.. it's good fun :yay:

In fact, I'm tempted to download StreetPass Zombies to give me another game to make use of my hits! I'm not particularly fond of StreetPass Quest but Mii Force is pretty enjoyable :grin:

I've probably never been happier taking my 3DS out and about with me :hehe: Receiving lots of puzzle pieces from each person you meet feels much more rewarding and I'm loving the Slot Racing.. it's good fun :yay:

In fact, I'm tempted to download StreetPass Zombies to give me another game to make use of my hits! I'm not particularly fond of StreetPass Quest but Mii Force is pretty enjoyable :grin:

Personally, my favourite is Streetpass Fishing. That game lasts quite a while.

A bit random, but fun for quick play sessions.

StreetPass Zombies was my favorite. Feels like an old school beat Em up with plenty to replay for medal completionists

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk