NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Just received a Yoshi puzzle when I was out and about today. Is this a new puzzle?

Indeed it is, just got a spotpass notifying me of it.

Well don't I feel stupid? It's not until I reach Level 34 of Street Pass Mansion that I discover you can do charge shots. How on Earth did I miss that? :laughing:

As for the other games, I'm now about 600,000 soldiers away from being able to take the final kingdom in Battle, and in Garden, I've bred 65 out if the 80 different plants. Bit stuck now, though, as the only ones left are the rare ones you can't buy the seeds for.

Why on earth is there no Miiverse community for the Streetpass Mii Plaza!? There are so many potential golden moments that are just BEGGING to get screenshotted!

StreetPass South Wales is running a Mario Kart 8 launch event on 31st May. It'll include a Mario Kart 8 tournament, Mario Kart 7 time trial competition, a Mario Kart quiz and raffle with lots of prizes. Myself and @Jimbob are going, should be a good day out.

Looking at the StreetPass UK site, there are also loads of other events planned for the launch weekend all over the country.

StreetPass South Wales is running a Mario Kart 8 launch event on 31st May. It'll include a Mario Kart 8 tournament, Mario Kart 7 time trial competition, a Mario Kart quiz and raffle with lots of prizes. Myself and @Jimbob are going, should be a good day out.

Looking at the StreetPass UK site, there are also loads of other events planned for the launch weekend all over the country.

Indeed, am looking forward to it. The event itself looks to be promising.

We had a Mario Kart event yesterday, which included a retro tournament where we played through all the games (apart from Super Circuit as it wasn't feasable), a N-E League style Mario Kart 7 tourney and a Mario Kart quiz, which I produced for the group.

Came out on top of the MK7 tourney, but got knocked out in the semi finals of the retro one, which was played on Mario Kart 64, so ended up third.

T'was good fun, with non stop gaming and lots of friendly chatter and laughs. Probably the best StreetPass event we've had in North Wales!

Here's the quiz if anyone fancies giving it a go. The winning score was 23/25.

1. What are the three classes of karts you can choose in each Mario Kart game?

2. Which version of Mario Kart features a Mission Mode?

3.The shopping centre race track, which makes it's debut in Mario Kart Wii, is named after which fruit?

4. In which version of Mario Kart was the Blue Shell introduced?

5. What is usually attached to a players Kart in Battle mode?

6. Which member of the Kong family made his or hers debut in Mario Kart Wii?

7. The beta version of Mario Kart 64 titled Super Mario Kart R featured a playable character who didn't make the final roster. Who was this character?

8. How many laps of the track does it take to finish Baby Park in Mario Kart: Double Dash on Gamecube?

9. Including both retro and unlockable courses, which version of Mario Kart features the most race tracks?

10. There is one handheld version of the franchise where Lakitu does not start the races off as a referee. Which one?

11. "Sprays ink on all the karts ahead and reduces their visibility." Which item am I describing?

12. There is a unique circuit in Mario Kart: Double Dash, which is shaped like a Nintendo character. Which character?

13. Name one of the four battle arenas featured in Mario Kart64. 14. The first few copies of the European edition of Mario Kart: Double Dash was released in a special case. What colour was it?

15. Which item was useful for jumping over obstacles and taking shortcuts, and only featured in one game in the Mario Kart series?

16. What is the longest track in Mario Kart history, and in which version does it feature?

17. What's the name of the controversial technique, that many used in Mario Kart DS, which allowed playesr to continuosuly drift back and forth and perform turbos throughtout races?

18. Which track in Mario Kart 7, featured a glitch, which allowed players to skip half the track, before it was patched by Nintendo?

19. Which character was introduced as a playable racing partner for Toad in Mario Kart: Double Dash?

20. In Super Mario Kart on the SNES, when Toad and Princess Peach are computer controller characters they would throw and drop poison mushrooms during races. What would happen to your characters when hit?

21. What are Wario and Waluigi's Special Item in Mario Kart: Double Dash?

22. Which Nintendo video game controller featured as a playable character in Mario Kart DS?

23. Which version of Mario Kart has sold the most copies?

24. Which of Mario's common enemies tries to attack you on Rainbow Road (N64)?

25. Mario Kart Arcade GP, the arcade game released for arcades, featured characters from which Namco Bandai video game franchise?

Tie Breaker

In metres, what is the length of Wario Stadium (N64)?

1. 50CC, 100CC and 150CC.

2. Mario Kart DS.

3. Coconut.

4. Mario Kart 64.

5. Balloons (3).

6. Funky Kong.

7. Kamek/Magikoopa

8. Seven.

9. Game Boy Advance (40).

10. Mario Kart DS.

11. Blooper.

12. Yoshi.

13. Big Donut/Block Fort/Double Deck/Skyscraper.

14. Red.

15. Feather.

16. Rainbow Road (N64) 2000m.

17. Snaking.

18. Wuhu Mountain Loop/Maka Wuhu.

19. Toadette.

20. Your character would shrink.

21. Bob-ombs.

22. R.O.B

23. Mario Kart Wii - 34M+

24. Chain-Chomp.

25. Pac-Man.

Tie Breaker

1591m

The blog can be found here which should be updated soon.

We had a Mario Kart event yesterday, which included a retro tournament where we played through all the games (apart from Super Circuit as it wasn't feasable), a N-E League style Mario Kart 7 tourney and a Mario Kart quiz, which I produced for the group.

Came out on top of the MK7 tourney, but got knocked out in the semi finals of the retro one, which was played on Mario Kart 64, so ended up third.

T'was good fun, with non stop gaming and lots of friendly chatter and laughs. Probably the best StreetPass event we've had in North Wales!

Here's the quiz if anyone fancies giving it a go. The winning score was 23/25.

1. What are the three classes of karts you can choose in each Mario Kart game?

2. Which version of Mario Kart features a Mission Mode?

3.The shopping centre race track, which makes it's debut in Mario Kart Wii, is named after which fruit?

4. In which version of Mario Kart was the Blue Shell introduced?

5. What is usually attached to a players Kart in Battle mode?

6. Which member of the Kong family made his or hers debut in Mario Kart Wii?

7. The beta version of Mario Kart 64 titled Super Mario Kart R featured a playable character who didn't make the final roster. Who was this character?

8. How many laps of the track does it take to finish Baby Park in Mario Kart: Double Dash on Gamecube?

9. Including both retro and unlockable courses, which version of Mario Kart features the most race tracks?

10. There is one handheld version of the franchise where Lakitu does not start the races off as a referee. Which one?

11. "Sprays ink on all the karts ahead and reduces their visibility." Which item am I describing?

12. There is a unique circuit in Mario Kart: Double Dash, which is shaped like a Nintendo character. Which character?

13. Name one of the four battle arenas featured in Mario Kart64. 14. The first few copies of the European edition of Mario Kart: Double Dash was released in a special case. What colour was it?

15. Which item was useful for jumping over obstacles and taking shortcuts, and only featured in one game in the Mario Kart series?

16. What is the longest track in Mario Kart history, and in which version does it feature?

17. What's the name of the controversial technique, that many used in Mario Kart DS, which allowed playesr to continuosuly drift back and forth and perform turbos throughtout races?

18. Which track in Mario Kart 7, featured a glitch, which allowed players to skip half the track, before it was patched by Nintendo?

19. Which character was introduced as a playable racing partner for Toad in Mario Kart: Double Dash?

20. In Super Mario Kart on the SNES, when Toad and Princess Peach are computer controller characters they would throw and drop poison mushrooms during races. What would happen to your characters when hit?

21. What are Wario and Waluigi's Special Item in Mario Kart: Double Dash?

22. Which Nintendo video game controller featured as a playable character in Mario Kart DS?

23. Which version of Mario Kart has sold the most copies?

24. Which of Mario's common enemies tries to attack you on Rainbow Road (N64)?

25. Mario Kart Arcade GP, the arcade game released for arcades, featured characters from which Namco Bandai video game franchise?

Tie Breaker

In metres, what is the length of Wario Stadium (N64)?

1. 50CC, 100CC and 150CC.

2. Mario Kart DS.

3. Coconut.

4. Mario Kart 64.

5. Balloons (3).

6. Funky Kong.

7. Kamek/Magikoopa

8. Seven.

9. Game Boy Advance (40).

10. Mario Kart DS.

11. Blooper.

12. Yoshi.

13. Big Donut/Block Fort/Double Deck/Skyscraper.

14. Red.

15. Feather.

16. Rainbow Road (N64) 2000m.

17. Snaking.

18. Wuhu Mountain Loop/Maka Wuhu.

19. Toadette.

20. Your character would shrink.

21. Bob-ombs.

22. R.O.B

23. Mario Kart Wii - 34M+

24. Chain-Chomp.

25. Pac-Man.

Tie Breaker

1591m

The blog can be found here which should be updated soon.

How long did it take to get through all of those questions, and did you read them out or just give them to people on a piece of paper?

Cool, just interested as we are still in the planning stages for StreetPass South Wales' Mario Kart quiz.

The Plaza Add-on Content is on sale on the eShop at the minute. I don't get many Streetpass hits at all, so it'd be pointless to download these games, right?

The Plaza Add-on Content is on sale on the eShop at the minute. I don't get many Streetpass hits at all, so it'd be pointless to download these games, right?

If you collect the 10 daily coins, you can use them to buy players for each of the games.

Can you not find a streetpass relay point anywhere to use? You get six passes at a time from them, so they're really useful for these games.

Incase someone fancies making a trip to North Wales on the 2nd of August :-

SPNW and friends present "Summer Holiday in North Wales"

Doesn't matter where you are in the UK, come up to sunny Bangor for a day on the coast, full of fun, games, tournaments and of course StreetPasses! This event is not to be missed! :D

The final of MiiVision will be held at this event, with a certificate and special prize for 1st place!

Facebook Event page

StreetPass UK Event Page

MiiVision Details

Edited by welsh_gamer

Is anyone heading to the StreetPass Manchester event tomorrow? I'm going with a few members of our local group. Be sure to say "Hey!"

Got another new puzzle today, "Pikmin short movies 3D: Occupational Hazards".

I'm guessing that since the subtitle's there we might get one for each movie?

Got a gold trousered Nintendo streetpass for Ohmori today in town. Finally have the accomplishment for meeting a special mii ten times! :yay: Unfortunately he doesn't have the new NES Remix puzzle so I couldn't get any pink pieces from him, but he has all the puzzles up to the Sonic Boom one complete.

Dunno if there's a more appropriate thread for this but today I finally passed Arcade mode in Streetpass Squad/Mii Force (North American name, which is where my 3DS is from).

I really like the weapon customisation in that game, I think it's a good schmup with the only real flaw being that it's a bit short. That and well, you can't quicksave during arcade mode to go into at a later point.

I think hard mode in it is an insane challenge though, which I can tell I'll never accomplish. Has anyone ever finished that?

Dunno if there's a more appropriate thread for this but today I finally passed Arcade mode in Streetpass Squad/Mii Force (North American name, which is where my 3DS is from).

I really like the weapon customisation in that game, I think it's a good schmup with the only real flaw being that it's a bit short. That and well, you can't quicksave during arcade mode to go into at a later point.

I think hard mode in it is an insane challenge though, which I can tell I'll never accomplish. Has anyone ever finished that?

Congratulations! That's a genuine accomplishment, one that I share. It's satisfying to see all the people I've passed who haven't done it. (everyone except one person who had a worse score than me)

No-one I've ever passed has ever done hard mode, so that pretty much says it all.

I've done Arcade mode, but not hard. It's ridiculous. I'm never gonna bother.