NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Yeah just close it and whack it in your bag or pocket or whatever, there's not much more you can do than that. (you don't actually have to have it closed, you can be playing a game too!)

does not work if playing a DS game though, if you are playing a DS game make sure you exit it and go back to the Home menu first before closing it.

does not work if playing a DS game though, if you are playing a DS game make sure you exit it and go back to the Home menu first before closing it.

I fucking knew it. Was in london central, playing Picross 3D (or digital smack as my therapist now calls it), in the middle of a puzzle, just shut it, and got no streetpasses. Thought that was a bit weird!

I only have 1 hit and that was today in skegness. I mist have walked past 5 thousand people easily, through game and allsorts! The hit was in Argos of all places!

Managed to get one StreetPass hit in Waterford City today, tousnads of people about for the Tall Ships Race, so actually a little dissappointed I only got the 1 hit, haha. But was able to start another new puzzle (NSMB Wii) from it.

No Ridge Racer or SF4 data though.

Question does anyone else have StreetPass turned on in 3DS Sound or am I the only one... not one hit that I've had has had any data for Sound :heh:

Alrighty went out to Waterford City again for the Tall Ships and had my best ever StreetPass activity with TWO hits, WOOT, never before have I had more than one in a day :)

And oddly after typing this yesterday

Question does anyone else have StreetPass turned on in 3DS Sound or am I the only one... not one hit that I've had has had any data for Sound :heh:

One of the people I passed did have StreetPass turned on in his 3DS Sound, haha.

Though not sure what I'm meant to see in it. It tells me "5 new tracks found! Keep using StreetPass and they might show up in your hit parade"

But it doesn't tell me what those tracks are? WTF? So I actually have to either pass the same person again or someone else with some or all of the same tracks in their top 5 before I see anything?

Under the "Compatibility" option and "Recent Activity" I can see the date and approx time of the StreetPass, with the face of the persons Mii (oddly not the same as either of the 2 new ones I got in the Plaza?) and 0%... what's that meant to mean? We have 0% of the same songs? Sure with only being able to make a top 5 I find it highly unlikely to pass someone with the same songs as I've picked songs that wouldn't be on the radio in hopes of getting people to listen to something new :P

Other than that I also got a hit for Ridge Racer data, but his Ghost is with a category 1 car and I've only got up to category 2 unlocked so far.

Neither had any puzzle parts from a new puzzle for me either, actually one had no pieces at all :(

I keep running into the same guy. He's the only person I've street passed with and it happens pretty much every day. He is only ever playing Tetris Online and has no puzzle pieces to give me, and his Mii is awful at using a sword.

I'm pretty sure he's the only other person around here with a 3DS.

I keep running into the same guy. He's the only person I've street passed with and it happens pretty much every day. He is only ever playing Tetris Online and has no puzzle pieces to give me, and his Mii is awful at using a sword.

I'm pretty sure he's the only other person around here with a 3DS.

Haha, maybe you should try figure out who he is and ask him if he knows how to collect puzzle pieces :heh:

I actually picked up a StreetPass at my cousins birthday party on Saturday, spotted someones kid playing a 3DS so walked past a few times :heh:

One thing I;ve noticed, of the Mii's I've collected about half wear hats... and all the hats are Mario hats... has anyone ever passed anyone wearing something else?

Also finally finished the Quest today and stuck the crown on my own Mii :)

I noticed that too, so I took to wearing a Luigi hat :p

I hope they update the streetpass plaza with perhaps more "ordinary" hats, the Nintendo themed ones are nice and all but some standard ones would be good too, perhaps once you found a hat in the plaza, it could be unlocked for use in the mii maker?

I'd love to have a hat on my friend card :D

Edited by Daroh

Had a really strange thing happen on Friday.

I'd been carrying both my own and my daughter's 3DS's with me. They were both next to each other in my briefcase.

When I got home from work, we checked and, apart from obviously having each other on our streepass, we also had 2 other people.

However, and this is the strange thing, one of the people was the same on both our 3DS's, but our 2nd streetpasses were for different people! How could that possibly happen when the consoles were right next to each other?????

Whoever the person is that is on both consoles was likely near you for long enough to make a Pass with both 3DS's while the other people would just have been there long enough to conect with one. I think a 3DS can only connect/Pass with one other 3DS at a time.

I went to the finish of the Tour de France last weekend with hundreds of thousands of people all over and I got 2 streetpasses:indeed:

I guess I should be surprised though, for most of them are cycle enthusiasts, not 3DS enthusiasts...:nono:

Surprisingly I already have 23 hits. I guess traveling through one of the busiest train stations in the world daily will do that to you. I even got the same guy twice, although judging from his Mii and greeting he seems a bit strange :woops:

StreetPass Diary 12 August 2011

Went to GAME. They had two machines running, Wi-Fi on, but StreetPass didn't work for some reason. Went to HMV. They had their "demo" 3DS turned completely off. Went to the other GAME. No luck.

3DS is now £159.99 with Ocarina of Time. Not bad, but I was expecting better offers than that. Perhaps they sold all the cheaper bundles. Overheard two kids playing on the demo units:

Kid 1: "I don't like Nintendo 3D DSes."

Kid 2: "I don't like them either."

Oh dear. :(

Got home, didn't get any StreetPasses at all. Got a SpotPass. We're getting the Dead or Alive costumes again. Yay!!!

Every cloud...

Got a SpotPass.

Does SpotPass not work over any internet connection?

Does SpotPass not work over any internet connection?

It does, yes, but I don't usually have it turned on.

When the 3DS came, out, for the first few months I'd get at least one StreetPass pretty much every time I went into town, but in the past few months I think I've only had one or two. :( I guess the lack of games supporting it, combined with the fact that more and more will have finished the puzzles and quests, means that people aren't bothering to take them out as much. And what's the next big game to support it going to be? Mario Kart 7? :hmm:

It's weird, I've still not got a Level 7 Mii. I used to be able to get one regularly from GameStation, GAME and HMV. For various different reasons, they all disappeared around Level 6.

Also, I can't find anyone with a piece of the 8th jigsaw. I don't even know what it is.

Kirby

Zelda

Pikmin

Metroid: Other M

New Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario & Bowser

Not a surprise you haven't found anyone with the 8th puzzle, Grazza - there are only seven in total. :p

Anyway, after writing about not getting any StreetPass hits recently, I just booted up my 3DS after the battery ran out on a ferry trip back from France last night. I was pleasantly surprised to find a French Mii with SFIV data waiting for me! :bouncy:

Not a surprise you haven't found anyone with the 8th puzzle, Grazza - there are only seven in total. :p

LMAO!

That means I only need one piece and I'll have completed all of them.

Anyway, after writing about not getting any StreetPass hits recently, I just booted up my 3DS after the battery ran out on a ferry trip back from France last night. I was pleasantly surprised to find a French Mii with SFIV data waiting for me! :bouncy:

Ah, great. You can't beat a ferry trip.

So, just got a 3DS. What exactly is this and what does it do?

If you make a Mii, put it into StreetPass Plaza and activate all the StreetPass modes (I forget exactly what you have to do, but it's not difficult). Then, when you go out and walk past someone with a 3DS, if you have StreetPass and Wi-Fi activated, you will obtain their Mii and vice versa.

Their Mii can be used as a fighter in StreetPass Quest and to collect puzzle pieces off of in Puzzle Quest. However, you have to use them straight away.

You can also swap data for other games, such as fighting their figurines in Street Fighter IV.

No. If it was just a Mii that sat there like they do on the Wii then that'd be "nothing". Providing a little bonus for taking your 3DS out and about is definitely, semantically, something.

It may not be some huge mind blowing fantastic game but its a neat little app.