NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Thought a thread on the StreetPass function might be nice to share any (possibly) interesting experiences with it.

Did anyone go to that StreetPass event in London yesterday?

Or in general have you had many SP moments yet? Pass the same Mii more than once? Pass someone you know from the forums maybe but didn't know you passed them till you saw their Mii on you 3DS?

Just (finally) had my very first SP moment today, had to pop into the city to get something took my 3DS with me and when I got home the green light was on:bouncy:

When I checked the noticfications it said I had data for my Street Plaza and Ridge Racer. Got 1 Mii... and JohnC from Kilkenny... I reckon it could have been one guy from a group of students I walked passed who were on lunch.

I got 1 puzzle piece, but not for the puzzle I had already started myself... so now 2 on the go. And used the Quest one for the first time, but his Mii couldn't get passed the first ghost for me :angry:

I checked my Ridge Racer and it did say I got Ghost Data, but I can't find it... maybe I haven't unlocked the track yet?

Edited by Retro_Link

I've only passed on person (in Liverpool) and unfortunately I quit out of the Mii Plaza before checking the Puzzle or Quest.

This seems to remove them from being able to participate in either.

Edit:

Another thing. My street pass light went off last night but nothing seemed to have happened.

Edited by Cube

I took mine out yesterday with Streetpass on, went past a local Gamestation and picked up 3 Mii's. I kinda went in to ask about cases, and the guy said did I have it on, when I said yes, he said check it as they all had theirs set on. It had only bee about a minute I was in there, so it is pretty quick.

When I went past again later, it picked up a few more too and I didn't even go in that time.

I do hope this will take off more than tag mode ever did.

I met four people yesterday but wasnt aware how it functioned and came out of streetpass without doing anything with them.

Today I met someone and sent them on a quest and bagged their puzzle piece. They were useless In the quest though - whipped up a sand storm then ran off tired never to be seen again. And the sand storm made it harder for the hired help.

I keep meaning to try street fighter with streetpass mode on but keep forgetting.

Brought mine to work today, but I haven't picked up anything yet which is odd seeing as I normally get the train the same time as students and I've seen a lot of people playing Pokemon B/W lately. Hopefully might pick up some on the way home, not sure I want to carry my 3DS into work every day though.

At least I'll get some coins out of it.

I was at the streetpass event in London yesterday and well worth going.

Got a ton of Puzzle pieces, and further advanced in the Quest game. Also got about 25+ people in my Plaza now.

There was an equal split of Blue and Black 3DS systems, and the game mostly played was Streetfighter.

Then was one Japanese guy there called Yoshi something or other' I'm guessing it must be a bit of a celeb on the Streetfighter circuit, he was signing peoples 3DS and also the back of their carts, and posing for photos.

I've only encountered one other person in Birmingham where I'm based, but I'm confident if I continue to hit up what I believe are hot spots I'II get lucky again.

Gentlebens top believed to be 3DS streetpass hot spots:

1) Bullring-generally walking around both inside and out

2) Victoria plaza and also the stairs by Paradise forum

3) Star City

4) The middle of the roundabout by the old fire station, where everyone gathers to skateboard and chat

5) The grassy area by colmore row

6) Broadway Plaza

7) Any Game/Gamestation store

I've also had success in locations 4 and 5 with the Passerby mode on Pokemon Black/White

Oh yeah does anyone know what the minimum (or maximum?) radius two 3DS's need to be within for the StreetPass to work?

I know it prolly says in the booklet but I didn't read it and now can't find it... think someone tossed it in the fire :heh:

Also forgot to mention, earlier when I supposidly got Ridge Racer data via StreetPass... I had Street Fighter 4 in the system... it does indeed work without the game cart, huzah :heh:

Same had my first SP moment today, met Alex from London. Got a super mario bros puzzel piece from him :)

On Saturday I went into town, went in Gamestation, HMV and both GAMEs, and got one Mii but didn't know how to use her in StreetPass Quest. Hopefully I'll go past her again, to level her up. Might go tomorrow, Friday and Saturday to see if it's taken off a bit more. I've also been walking round the local houses and got nothing so far.

Went to the shopping mall and then to Game. I got one Mii, which based how it looks, is the guy that works at Game. I don't think I have much hope in finding anyone else in this "city". Can I meet him several times? He cleared one room for me and gave me a piece for my Zelda picture.

Just bobbing along Oxford Street I 'passed' 9 people, and an extra 2 while I was in Starbucks on Sunday. Seems it's really working in central London. Hopefully things will get better still since there's plenty of stock on the high streets.

Not found any in Bournemouth yet, but I haven't been into the town centre

I was so excited I got my first street pass today. :grin:

It was hilarious as the persons greeting was "Hello"

and mine was "WIND THE FROG"

then it went "The last game Cory played was...system settings"

I burst out laughing in my lecture as I found the idea of someone buying this thrilling new 3D machine and only going on system settings. :heh:

Got 5 today, left it under the counter in work :p hoping for more though, I love this whole streetpass idea.

I got 2 in the office, hoping for some more on the way home. I definitely get excited when I see it light up!

i went to kings cross meet up , finnished off a couple of puzzle quests preeety good ,

i work in central london just offa oxford street had my ds hidden upstairs allday yesterday and got loads of hits i will do the same 2day :grin:me wii plaza is filling up nicley i havent even played that rpg ish game yet will do today

I had my 3DS out with me for the first time today and, to my surprise, I came home to find I passed someone on my travels and can now get involved in some Mii Plaza action :heh:

It would have been nice to receive some more Miis but I'll take one for now :heh: Also got my first 10 Play Coins which only really highlighted just how quickly it takes to reach 1000 steps!

Took my 3ds into Bradford today and was surprised, I got 6 passes, i used them for the puzzel challenge, but exited out of the software, not knowing i then couldnt use them on the rpg game. Also had a streetfighter streetpass battle and lost and a nintendogs streetpass moment - saw a pic of their kitten, got a free bottle of water then played with their dog in the park.

So I think i did better than expected. :grin:

Took it out to uni today, then purposely walked through various busy locations in Leeds City Centre to attempt to gain as many potential StreetPasses as possible. Both GAME stores (witnessing a robbery in the process), HMV, etc... Found three people, one of whom had Street Fighter.

I lost the battle, and have since changed my line-up to step up the fucking. Hopefully I'll run into the same guy again.

I lost the battle, and have since changed my line-up to step up the fucking. Hopefully I'll run into the same guy again.

o_O

That's a different kind of StreetPass!

I wish I could have gone to the event on Sunday. I somehow got roped into gardening instead.

I picked someone up on launch day, but only just looked at the Mii details. She has a crown on so I'm guessing that means she's completed StreetPass Quest, has 43 Mii's in her StreetPass Mii Plaza and 145 hits. How is that even possible?!

Right, so I walked all over town today using my 3DS as an MP3-player, and took some 'artsy' pictures of black swans.

My main goal was to meet a Mii, and get some Streetpass-a-lovin':love:

I even went in the store where I bought my 3DS in which a girl was testing a 3DS....

YET

No Streetpass love:hmm:

They probably didn't even bother to switch the Streetpass on in this test model....

Will be going to my girlfriend tomorrow, which means I'll be crossing the entire Netherlands by train.

I'm bound to meet someone!!!!!