NEurope
Debug Mode

Earth Hour

Bit late guys but it's nearly 8:30pm, which is Earth Hour.

So please, help make this an hour to remember by turning on absolutely every single electronic device in your household.

So please, help make this an hour to remember by turning on absolutely every single electronic device in your household.

Man, Earth Hour has changed since I was a kid. :blank:

If I were to turn everything off I'd be sitting in the dark, bored and by myself.

Fuck that.

No thanks, I rather watch European Championship instead, it's Norway vs denmark.

Bit late guys but it's nearly 8:30pm, which is Earth Hour.

Done.

:indeed:

Done.

:indeed:

Please tell me you realise what I said was intentional right? We literally have every thing turned on here. I'd rather speed up the process of exhausting the materials we need for power so they'll finally put their asses in gear and find a decent renewable source.

Earth Hour is a complete waste of time. It's only real purpose is to keep reminding people about the situation. We all know. It's like cancer awareness, we're all aware, so please rename your cause to some thing that doesn't sound retarded.

How about next Earth Day they get every one to use a program similar to Fold@Home to calculate different compositions of biofuel or similar that may be effective?

We literally have every thing turned on here.

Im glad I don't pay for your electricity bill!

I was at work during 'Earth Hour' so all of my electrical appliances were turned off anyway... :p

As I said to herojan earlier: Earth Hour is pointless, turning the lights on and off wastes more electricity than keeping them on!

You need a name for this new movement :p

turning the lights on and off wastes more electricity than keeping them on!

This particular statement is false. It's been tested. It's simply a myth told to kids to stop them from playing with the lights.

I have 6-8 Earth hours a day, I think i'm good :heh:

Don't we all, why waste another hour with lights off. If thats the case, move to mobiles/portable devices. Charged up before Earth hour, makes no difference.

This particular statement is false. It's been tested. It's simply a myth told to kids to stop them from playing with the lights.

Great, now she's never going to stop playing with the lights. Good job, Danny.

You need a name for this new movement :p

I call it the 'Take-advantage-of-your-bills-included-allowance-offered-by-your-landlord' hour.

It depends on the type of bulb. Flourescent bulbs can use up to 24 seconds of energy just from powering up. Most bulb types it makes barely any difference though.

Yeah, I think the difference is generally minuscule for regular filament bulbs, but I think for florescent ones it's worth leaving on for like 5 minutes.

Possibly. I was going by what the MythBusters had found out, but I don't remember the specifics of the tests. I don't recall there being any "buts" to the conclusion, however.

Well at least it got you guys talking about these issues...and you're not the only ones.