NEurope

So I'm lucky enough to have gotten hold of an iPad 2 today and I'm using it to type now. It's excellent and ridiculously good in many ways. Will post a better run down later.

Is anyone else getting one? Does anyone else have one already? Does anyone think they're really shit? (you're wrong but still...)

Opinions, people, opinions!

I love mine, I used my old one a lot so I ended up going for the 64gb 3G version this time around. Extra space has been very worthwhile so far. The form factor and the cover is worth it to me though, the thing is so much nicer to use after extended periods of time. After a few weeks with it I don't regret the purchase one bit. Brilliant bit of kit.

Got a 64GB wifi a couple of hours ago, although not opened it yet but have used the first iPad a fair bit and the product itself is excellent :)

Woke up this morning to line up at Bullring ring but was too ill with ear ache, sore throat, aching limbs...fml. But ordered from Currys online 3-5 days, better then 3-4 weeks Apple website is saying :|

What does it do over the first iPad?

Smaller, faster, cameras, better case, white option.

Smaller and faster eh...

Does it do flash yet? What's the battery life?

No flash, battery life seems comparable with the old one. I have 3G on pretty much all of the time though so direct comparison is hard.

Well the price is way too steep for me for a luxury item like that. I can live with just my laptop.

If I had spare money then I could start thinking about it.

I agree, though I think people are surprised by how versatile they are. I use my iPad pretty much constantly, and much prefer it to a laptop at home. Of course you have to have a proper computer as well which definitely makes it a bit of luxury.

The iPad 2 is a joke at your expense. It was the easiest possible thing they could do to upgrade the thing and make people buy one all over again. Put a new chip in, make it about as thin as they probably could have in the first place, add the shitty cameras that it should've had before, call it the iPad 2.

Can you imagine if the PS2 had been a similar leap in technology?

If you own the iPad, and you bought an iPad 2, you have more money than sense.

No offense.

But the iPad 2 is just an iteration of a product, the PS2 was a whole new system.

Considering the amount I use mine, and the extras of enhanced games and facetime, which I use both of a lot I honestly feel like it was a good upgrade. But then I'm lucky I'm in a position that I can afford to do it. If it was going to be a push or something I had to save up for then I would totally skip this version.

Does it have the retina display thing?

No, that was the main thing I was hoping for :(

No offense.

Totally agree. I held off buying an iPad 1 and wanted to wait for the second gen. It isn't a groundbreaking step up feature-wise but never mind. The thinner/lighter aspect and speed bump (which is most important to me) is good enough.

I haven't got one, nor am I going to get one.

But this whole iPad 1.5 thing people are talking about is doing my head in. They've made it thinner and lighter, made it way faster, added cameras, put a gyroscope in, made this cool new original case, now have a white option and lowered the price in the UK. This is a proper product revision, it's not like the iPhone 3G S was to the 3G...

But this whole iPad 1.5 thing people are talking about is doing my head in. They've made it thinner and lighter, made it way faster, added cameras, put a gyroscope in, made this cool new original case, now have a white option and lowered the price in the UK. This is a proper product revision, it's not like the iPhone 3G S was to the 3G...

Completely agree.

Ashley, a stat from the US at launch said that aroun 70% of the people getting the iPad 2 hadnt had the original iPad. I didn't either. I think this version is more aimed at getting new customers to buy into the machine raher than making older customers upgrade. There will always be a few people who want the upgrade having owned the iPad but thats not everyone.

To be honest it seems to me as it's more just an upgrade of the original one than a product revision.

The cameras, to me, are completely pointless. I've used Facetime once on my iPhone and that was just testing it out. I've used it on Skype a couple times but on the iPad there's really no need.

I think the word 'case' is a bit of an exaggeration, it's more of a screen protector as that's all it does. A case covers the whole thing.

A white option? More Apple marketing chat to make it seem like they're doing something knew.

Gyroscope, again, should've been there from the start.

Going much faster is a definite benefit but paying £400 to upgrade just for that and to make it thinner? No thanks.

If you don't have the original iPad then I can totally understand why you'd want the new one. It is a fantastic piece of kit, but upgrading there's really no point whatsoever. I'm perfectly happy with my iPad and there's no chance I'll be upgrading until the iPad 3 comes out.

If you don't have the original iPad then I can totally understand why you'd want the new one. It is a fantastic piece of kit, but upgrading there's really no point whatsoever. I'm perfectly happy with my iPad and there's no chance I'll be upgrading until the iPad 3 comes out.

I agree - But I think we'll start feeling the pinch as more and more apps and games demand iPad 2 hardware to run.

I agree - But I think we'll start feeling the pinch as more and more apps and games demand iPad 2 hardware to run.

This is my only concern. I'm perfectly happy with the iPad 1, but I won't be too happy if by the end of the year half the apps don't run on it.

The iPad 2 is a joke at your expense. It was the easiest possible thing they could do to upgrade the thing and make people buy one all over again. Put a new chip in, make it about as thin as they probably could have in the first place, add the shitty cameras that it should've had before, call it the iPad 2.

No offense.

This practically sums up Apples marketing/products in my opinion. Apple is too pricey for what it can do i think. I know, you can rant at that statement if you like.

Apple bring out a new version of the current product, then leave the old model out at a similar price. Surely, if you are bringing out a new I-Pad you would discontinue making/distributing the older model.

Ditto, i don't like Apple's stuff.

(I actually wasn't joking when I asked what a "White Option" is) ? :)

It could be a "British" version, with socks and sandels as you said.

For thos who have an I-Pad2, a solution to what to do with the I-Pad

Edited by Jimbob

Why bother posting? I mean, really?

I would rant, but a wise man said "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". I've found it's usually true. Ranting would be utterly pointless.

(I actually wasn't joking when I asked what a "White Option" is) ? :)

It's the wank-proof version of the iPad. It's 200% harder to see the stains than on the regular version.

I-Pad

Everything else you said aside, why do you insist on this spelling of iPad? :p you can see in the thread title, a dozen times on this page, in the video you posted, on a million adverts...

Everything else you said aside, why do you insist on this spelling of iPad? :p you can see in the thread title, a dozen times on this page, in the video you posted, on a million adverts...

Yep. Thats the way i want to spell it.