NEurope
Haden

Wireless Router Recommendations

Want a wireless router for my Wii and 360 which are two rooms away. Any recommandations for gaurenteed good speed at not to high a price? Thanks in advance.

The best router I have had is a Netgear Wireless N -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NetGear-WNR2000-100UKS-Netgear-WNR2000-Wireless-N/dp/B001E1SRZE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1300732701&sr=8-5

I paid a lot more for an older model in white years ago and it has never been a problem and I know Caris has had the same model for a long time too. Whatever you do stay away from Belkin. I've had trouble with the G routers and I think that is a pretty good price for an N Router.

Edited by Chuck

I've had the WNR2000 for a few years, it's a pretty nice little beast.

Or at least it was. It recently decided to start restarting every...well, at least once an hour if not sooner than that. I *have* managed to fix the problem, though I had to downgrade the firmware. For a firmware downgrade to fix it, and no firmware changes to break it, I did find myself rather confused as to why it happened...

If you do wanna go for it though, it's apparently BNIB for £25 by someone on ebay.

Edited by Rummy

I got one of them BT routers, they provided it when the parents signed up to BT Broadband. It's pretty decent, but also had to upgrade the dongles to "N".