NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3

We finally found out what the Dragon Quest game for the 3DS is: Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3: Daikaizoku to Shippodan (Dragon Quest Heroes: The Great Pirate Ship and Tails Troupe)!

full 3D

- adventure will take you out on the sea

- build your own ship

- engage in ship-to-ship battles

- Winter 2011 release in Japan

- action adventure

- multiplayer mode that supports two to four players

- 3D support

- compatibility with Wi-Fi and SpotPass

- experience Slimes riding out on the great seas in ships and engaging in 3D battles with enemy pirate ships

Gonintendo

Official Site (Japanese)

The DS version was great, but sadly didn't get a UK release. Hopefully this one will since the 3DS is region locked.

Edited by Ike
Added translated title.

fuck you Ike! I was putting in a full detail post for the starter and everything and you copy and paste and just splash it on >_< Still love ya :P

/rant

yeah umm...can't wait for it or something, lost my hype and going mental over it.

yeah...it's got 4 player, online and street pass enabled...comin christmas in japan

Edited by killer kirby

Wow, awesome, I didn't even know there was going to be a 3DS game! I hope the ship battles are somewhat like Skies of Arcadia and Panazer Dragoon Saga, where you can attack from differents sides, use different cannons etc.

I'm not getting hyped about it, what with the 3DS being region locked and the first 2 games never getting a release over here.

Great news to see this spin-off series continue. I won't be getting excited about a Pal release though. :(

Saw this news earlier and thought of all you guys! Then got depressed when I remembered the 3DS is region-locked.

There are two reasons I'm optimistic about this...

1) Dragon Quest IX sold decently, so the DQ name is much more well-known here than it was when the DS launched.

2) This will have 3D graphics - a first for the Rocket Slime series. If you look at Rocket Slime Adventures (the DS game), it really doesn't have impressive graphics at all, when you think of how good sprite games can be. If this looks much better, Square-Enix might be more confident it'll sell.

...But yeah, I'm probably being silly to get my hopes up.

There are two reasons I'm optimistic about this...

1) Dragon Quest IX sold decently, so the DQ name is much more well-known here than it was when the DS launched.

This is what I'm hoping. The DS game did at least get an American release so there was an English version.

The game came out in Australia as well... feels good man :heh:

*Shakes fist*

Dragon-Quest-Heroes-Rocket-Slime-3DS.jpg

Small scan showing the first images of DQ Heroes Rocket Slime available on the 3DS Blog, hopefully a larger scan will appear soon.

Looks the same as the first and second game. Can only mean it's going to be awesome :D

(Prepares for Grazza's disappointment when it meant full 3D it was meaning the 3D feature not the graphics :D )

Gargh! Why doesn't it have full 3D graphics? Why?!! ;)

Only joking, I'm still interested.

It plays awesome, the slime mori mori games are the greatest spin-off (Also monsters) on the DQ franchise. It's like Zelda+Dragon Quest. (To be expected since Yuji Horii is a big Zelda fan :D )

If they used the eshop to even half its potential by releasing some of these 'minor' titles in a non-risk format I'd buy them all in a heartbeat... =/

The narrow regionalism of Nintendo seems so anachronistic. Really a terrible way of doing things.

Sign in to follow this