NEurope
flameboy

Is the world actually ending? Japan hit by quake and tsunami

Urgh, one of the many reasons why I could never move to the States. Too many idiots/ God preaching bastards/ racist pricks packed in one country.

My personal favourite:

"those damn krauts deserve to be hit by a earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbor."

I just... don't even know where to begin.

They seem to have forgotten that their beloved country also nuked Japan before.

Who needs to remember the evils the US has committed? Karma only strikes those that attacks the US!

You heard it here folks, God is a bitter red neck. Death to those that are unpatriotic, black, gay and all that.

Not to mention the effects on the later generations that had.

pearl Harbour was one thing.. It was horrible it happened.. but anything that could effect people that aren't even born yet is WRONG!

Urgh, one of the many reasons why I could never move to the States. Too many idiots/ God preaching bastards/ racist pricks packed in one country.

Is there a country that isn't packed with those types?

It wouldn't surprise me if that topic is avoided entirely and is never mentioned in history lessons over in America.

It wouldn't surprise me if that topic is avoided entirely and is never mentioned in history lessons over in America.

It's far more likely that it's taught, but followed immediately by the teacher high fiving the nearest student, chanting "USA! USA! USA!" and then firing his revolver at the sky.

I always wonder about this.

If a country did that to another now there would be outcry and the attacker likely put up for war crimes or something. The US are (so far) the only country to use nukes in an attack yet they were never questioned or punished were they?

http://i.imgur.com/eFYYe.jpg

Anyone seen this yet?

May have stirred the pot a bit, couldn't help it.

Searched for one of the names and found the profile.

He said "Everybody praying for JAPAN... But was JAPAN praying for us when they BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!"

And sent a message asking did anyone in the US pray for Japan when they were nuked twice :woops:

Before everyone jumps on the anti-American bandwaggon I did see a similar comment from a British woman on twitter last night.

People are fucking cunts. True story.

typical kotaku trying their best to do anything that is remotely to do with other news...

And wouldn't say 'awesome' per say...

Fine. 'Totally rad.' Whatever. :heh:

Kotaku links are also broken - they all get redirected to the front page, making it impossible to find an article on their site.

The link works for me? Though I suppose not being able to find articles on Kotaku wouldn't be such a bad thing!

Fine. 'Totally rad.' Whatever. :heh:

The link works for me? Though I suppose not being able to find articles on Kotaku wouldn't be such a bad thing!

*insert cheesy and totally rad electric guitar solo*

And nice come back I have to say. Kudos to you sir!

FUCKING KOTAKU

I shall skin them with a knife made out of their own skin

May have stirred the pot a bit, couldn't help it.

Searched for one of the names and found the profile.

He said "Everybody praying for JAPAN... But was JAPAN praying for us when they BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!!"

And sent a message asking did anyone in the US pray for Japan when they were nuked twice :woops:

hhmm... he replied that he wasn't born at the time the US nuked Japan. So I pointed out he also wasn't born yet during Pearl Harbour :heh:

People just make me so bloody mad, none of them I imagine were around when pearl harbor was attacked or when they hit japan, what right exactly do they have to be happy about the death of over 1000 people.

Fucking bitches need to stfu.

revenge breeds anger and more revenge. The people mentioning Pearl Harbor are very ignorant, and the ones saying "damn stupid americans" are just as bad... That image only contains what, 30 people... You do realise that there are good people in America too, who wouldn't wish it on anyone?

This is a very tragic natural disaster, and very sad for the people of Japan. RIP to the ones lost :(

Really though, this is a testament to the fortitude of Japan.

Japan got hit by a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake and over 270 subsequent aftershocks of richter scale 4.5 and over and, tsunami notwithstanding, there were few deaths and very few damaged buildings.

The bulk of the loss of life and damage was in and around Sendai when the 30 foot tsunami hit and went across the flat rural land, really the worst place for a tsunami to have hit as there is nothing to slow it down. Plus, there is really no way to plan against a tsunami

Most other places would have had significantly more casualties. I think we should all take a page from the book of Japanese architecture.

Really though, this is a testament to the fortitude of Japan.

Japan got hit by a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake and over 270 subsequent aftershocks of richter scale 4.5 and over and, tsunami notwithstanding, there were few deaths and very few damaged buildings.

The bulk of the loss of life and damage was in and around Sendai when the 30 foot tsunami hit and went across the flat rural land, really the worst place for a tsunami to have hit as there is nothing to slow it down. Plus, there is really no way to plan against a tsunami

Most other places would have had significantly more casualties. I think we should all take a page from the book of Japanese architecture.

If it happened in the UK the only people to survive would be the mountain dwellers!! XD

Apparently they get quakes once or twice A WEEK would you believe... So I suppose people kinda think about that when they design houses and buildings.

If it happened in the UK the only people to survive would be the mountain dwellers!! XD

Apparently they get quakes once or twice A WEEK would you believe... So I suppose people kinda think about that when they design houses and buildings.

Yeah remember watching a show on it years ago may have even been tomorrow's world. They said something about buildings having ball bearings in them so they would move with the quake so to speak