NEurope
Murr

Gigs / Concerts

I'm seeing The Saw Doctors and KT Tunstall (seperate gigs) in a few days. Orkney is shaking having relatively famous people arriving on their shores.

I leave here just before LAURA FUCKING MARLING COMES TO PLAY. I cut myself and bled all over the counter at the ticket place. I got a free poster for the gig (i'll miss) though.

I'm seeing The Saw Doctors and KT Tunstall (seperate gigs) in a few days.

I leave here just before LAURA FUCKING MARLING COMES TO PLAY.

I saw KT Tunstall a few years back when she came all the way down to Eden, she was surprisingly good and put on a really decent performance.

I don't blame you for cutting yourself a little over Laura fucking Marling btw... I'd be in a similar state if I'd known she was playing locally and then had to miss the gig, even though I only got into her fairly recently she is indeed stunning.

Fear not though Paj for I'm sure you'll find away of seeing her live one day... :)

'There's hope in the air

there's hope in the water

but sadly not me

your last serving daughter.'

I've seen her live already so it's fine.

It's not like the Joanna Newsom curse. Chair's seen her twice live now... *dies*

She keeps playing in the places I've JUST left. When I went to London, she finally came to Glasgow. When she was in London, I was back home/somewhere else. FUCK OFF.

I must admit, I was somewhat gutted to learn that PJ Harvey played at Eden a few years back... sadly though this was when I was ignorant - and not in the blissful sense - to her brilliance. :hmm:

I've learned to deal though and hope that I may get to see her play one day, along with a long list of others I'd like to see.

Going Latitude festival on Thursday. CAN'T WAIT. 5th year in a row! Although weather for the sat and sun is a bit meh. As long as there is no rain when I'm putting me tent up then it's all good.

I must admit, I was somewhat gutted to learn that PJ Harvey played at Eden a few years back... sadly though this was when I was ignorant - and not in the blissful sense - to her brilliance. :hmm:

I've learned to deal though and hope that I may get to see her play one day, along with a long list of others I'd like to see.

Saw her in London in February. Amazing. :)

Last night I saw Theory of a Deadman, Black Stone Cherry & Alter Bridge..

Awesome night.

Didn't really think much of Theory, but Cherry were great as always and Alter Bridge were another level.

Myles Kennedy is incredible!

Saw PJ Harvey again last month, at the Albert Hall, a week after the Zelda concert. Seeing The Kills in December.

Went to watch Yes last week in Manchester. Even at age 33, I felt like I was pretty much the youngest one there due to all the aging hippies present!

First song started at 8.05 and went on till 8.30. I love prog rock!

Fantastic stuff, though makes me weep at my poor musician skills.

Edited by Dog-amoto

Seeing Rihanna in December!!

Really looking forward to it, especially now the new album will also be on the playlist!

Bit annoyed really. Ocean Colour Scene are playing the entire Moseley Shoals album on the 11th December and it's the same night that Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther are playing and I've already got tickets for that.

Oh well...

Upcoming gigs:

Kasabian

Wild Beasts

Bombay Bicycle Club

Snow Patrol

Noel Gallagher

Blink 182

:D

Bit annoyed really. Ocean Colour Scene are playing the entire Moseley Shoals album on the 11th December and it's the same night that Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther are playing and I've already got tickets for that.

Oh well...

Whaaaat? That OCS gig sounds great. Would kill to see that.

Some bands or people I'm dying to see at the moment:

Mogwai

Kurt Vile

Radiohead

Oasis (please reform)

Also in the mood to see the Manics, again. Really craving them, at the moment.

Whaaaat? That OCS gig sounds great. Would kill to see that.

Some bands or people I'm dying to see at the moment:

Mogwai

Kurt Vile

Radiohead

Oasis (please reform)

Also in the mood to see the Manics, again. Really craving them, at the moment.

http://www.oceancolourscene.com/tours

Playing Bournemouth (that's where your location says you are) on the 29th

Edited by Dog-amoto

Saw KoRn last night at the Bristol o2 Academy.

Really amazing gig, such a small venue really for a band of KoRn stature.

The support was Jonathan Davis himself doing a dubstep DJ set, which was okay, but didn't go down too well with the majority of the crowd.

2nd act was another dubstep DJ which went down worse then Davis attempt, the saving grace was his last song was a dubstep remix of System of a down Chop Suey.

KoRn though were phenomenal, the sound quality was brilliant, the drummer was immense. Davis was perfect when singing the 'boom din ninga' bit of Freak on a leash.

Would of rather missed the support acts and just seen KoRn, but by getting there when we did, we had a rather awesome, and unobstructed view.

Going to see Placebo again at the Sundance film and music festival on April 28th :)

Went to my first metal concert on Friday evening to watch a band called 'Of Mice and Men' ! Enjoyed it but I was a little disappointed they didn't play some of my favorite songs.

A band from Southampton called Bury Tomorrow played as support (as well as two others) who were pretty cool as well!

Another band named With One Last Breath and CrossFaith played also.

Although my ears were ringing all the next day! :hmm: My mate wears ear plugs, I might consider the same next time.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Saw Placebo yesterday. Very good performance as usual. Nice to see a few older songs come out, such as "Without You I'm Nothing". It's about time for a new album though.

Watched Scar Symmetry (metal) tonight in Manchester, great gig. They were awesome!

So much better than Of Mice and Men, Scar played loads of songs, some of their best stuff as well. Bought myself a t-shirt there as well! :D

Got ATP's I'll Be Your Mirror 2012 in about 2 weeks or so. Really gutted that Death Grips have pulled out due to cancelling their current tour to work on their next LP, but still really looking forward to seeing Wolves in the Throne Room, Sleep, Slayer, Melvins, Mogwai, Chavez, Archers of Loaf and Codeine.

Sunn O))) + Nurse With Wound in July is going to be awesome, and then I've got both of Radiohead's shows at the O2 Area in October. Excited.

Watched a band live tonight callled Black Stone Cherry!

Another awesome band.

Did they do their cover of Adele - Rolling in the deep?

They are good live, seen them a few times before!

Oh yeah, I saw Blink 182 last weekend in Birmingham. Mother of god that was good. Such a happy feel good gig. and Everyone singing away. Loved it.

Going to see Childish Gambino next week and fun. a few days after that, can't wait!

Did they do their cover of Adele - Rolling in the deep?

They are good live, seen them a few times before!

No they didn't!

I did watch a YouTube vid which showed them playing it though.

I'm going to be working in Phoenix Park on the 5th, 7th and 8th serving people alcohol while The Stone Roses, Florence and the Machines, Sweedish House Mafia and Snow Patrol.. The Bar closes an hour before the show finishes so I will get to be in the crowd for that, and we get two free pints at the end. €240 isn't bad for that.