NEurope
Murr

Gigs / Concerts

I did search and there was a thread, but it was last posted in back in 2009, so figure maybe time for a new thread?

Similar to the Festivals thread (which it appears only myself & nightwolf post in) But a thread devoted to upcoming gigs / concerts you guys & girls are going to or have been to recently.

Any upcoming gigs for you guys this year? Seen any awesome bands already this year? What's your total of bands seen? any support acts that took you by surprise and turned out to be very good?

for me I've got...

Katy B in April

Foo Fighters in July (Supported by Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World)

Blink 182 in July (supported by Youmeatsix & Four Year Strong)

(also have Download Festival in June, and Creamfields in August but as they're festivals not worth talking about here in much detail)

I'm excited that Abney Park is planning a show in London this year (plus a couple of other England shows, if I recall correctly). I am so going to try and make it - whenever it's going to be! This probably also means that I'm travelling to London twice this year since I'm dead set on going to the Annual N-E Hyde Park Meet! :D

I've only got Blink 182 lined up at the minute. I'm probably going to get tickets for Anberlin when I get paid (provided they've not sold out by then).

I don't think I've been to any gigs so far this year which is pretty shocking, last gig was BFMV in December.

Went to see Skunk Anansie last month, which was fun, whoo! First time I got to see them and I enjoyed it. Though was a bit weird being surrounded by hundreds of lesbians or something. =P

I wanted to go see a Belgian group this month (Isbells) with friends, but seems it's sold out, booh. =(

Also want to go see Moby in June. My dad has two tickets for himself and someone else, but he might not be able to go. In which case I will take the tickets and go myself! So now I just have to hope my dad can't make it haha.

Apart from that, nothing planned really. I mean even the Moby concert isn't planned yet so yeah. =P

I've only got Blink 182 lined up at the minute. I'm probably going to get tickets for Anberlin when I get paid (provided they've not sold out by then).

I don't think I've been to any gigs so far this year which is pretty shocking, last gig was BFMV in December.

Same, no gigs for me yet either this year, first one will be Katy B, which is a bit of a random one to be honest, but should promise for a good night out after.

I've got a pretty old Anberlin album, *goes to look* yup i've got Blueprints for the black market,

gotta be honest didnt realize they were still around heh.

Someone I know on facebook (no longer considered a friend, should delete) is selling hyde park tickets. Arcade Fire, Mumford & Sons and Vaccines. REALLY want to go. Need to find someone to go with though.

Got The Script coming up in a couple of weeks. At the moment that is all.

I'm pumped for The Dears next month!

Or... sometime soon, I can't remember the date.

Was meaning to post in here earlier but completely forgot.

Anyway, its been a while since I was last at a gig (last March I believe when I went to see HIM/Dommin) so I need to get back into going to more.

I've got a couple on the radar that I want to go to/will go to. Definitely going to see Within Temptation in november. Just wish it wasn't at the Barrowlands in Glasgow as that's so not the place place to hear their music but it'll do. I just really want to go see them live.

Before that though, Rolo Tomassi are playing in mid May and I'm thinking of going to see them. Similarly, Mayday Parade, although truth be told I'm not a fan of them and I'd only be going for one of the support bands We Are The In Crowd.

Need to have a good ol' look and see who else is touring as I'm sure there'll be plenty of bands out and about in the run up to Download, which I'm also considering going to this year for the first time even though I may only choose to go on one of the days.

...Why did i read this thread as "gigs / cum shots" >__>

Because you've been scouring the internet looking for Mokong's Secret Sex Tape.

That is not so secret after he made a thread for it.

Yeah, more about Bonaparte. Why? Because I can.

As I've mentioned in the Rate A Song thread I want to see them live next month.

The most recent gig I've been to was Maroon 5. I don't like them that much but my girlfriend wanted me to accompany her. And I have to say...it wasn't bad. Not bad at all. They put on quite a show.

Edited by drahkon

Just bought tickets for Taking Back Sunday at the Roundhouse, Camden in May

Was also going to get tickets for Weezer when they play Brixton, but fuck off am I paying £39 a ticket.

I realised the other night that I've seen the following bands this year:

Parade

Plan B

Hadouken

One Direction

Thanks Nintendo...

Iron Maiden in Manchester in July.

That's pretty much it. Unless I can count going to see Lee Evans in November?

Fucking hell!

AGAIN the few times I'm not in London this past year and a gig I want to see is on when I'm in Edinburgh... (this it was Sade)

I saw Katy B on Saturday night,

was a really good gig. The support acts were terrible, but Katy herself was awesome.

My girlfriend was less impressed, though.

I reckon Katy B could be quite a good gig. Half of her album is awful filler but the good half would be worth going for.

Elbow were stunning, by the way. Must see again.

Sent my Blink 182 tickets back in the end (I go to Florida the day before the rescheduled date, arseholes), hopefully they'll sort me a full refund.

In other news I did book tickets for Funeral for a Friend in October. I really want to get tickets for New Found Glory, but until they've done the Champions League Qualifying draw I can't because it might clash with football. :(

Sent my Blink 182 tickets back in the end (I go to Florida the day before the rescheduled date, arseholes), hopefully they'll sort me a full refund.

In other news I did book tickets for Funeral for a Friend in October. I really want to get tickets for New Found Glory, but until they've done the Champions League Qualifying draw I can't because it might clash with football. :(

Oh yeah, got my tickets for Blink too, ridiculous that it's not till next year.

Foo's were awesome last Sunday.

Going to be looking at getting Alterbridge and Blackstone Cherry tickets soon!

North Sea Jazz (/Soul/Funk/Pop/HipHop) starts tomorrow, and I’ll be seeing Janelle Monae. Twice even probably, because I intend to go to an afterparty where she's doing a DJ set (?). I wish I had more money, Prince is performing as well, 3 nights in a row, but that’s not included in the regular tickets.. Would’ve loved to see him. Oh well. I’m glad I can go at least one of the 3 days this year.

I'm headlining a gig in London on the 29th if that counts as going to a gig? The Bowery, central Londond :D

Tickets booked for the Ghost In The Machine halloween ball in October in London where Abney Park will be playing! So excited! :D