NEurope
Murr

5th Resident Evil Film - 14th Sept 2012

The fourth film was some of the best fun I'd ever had at the cinema. They've gone beyond being offensive to the source material (and let's face it, Resident Evil is dumb anyway).

The only one I got any enjoyment out of was the third but the fourth was just a horrible film. I was hoping for a proper reboot. I'll stick with the new animated RE film thats on the way.

I'll stick with the new animated RE film thats on the way.
Ooh I'd missed this news!

Just looked up the teaser trailer...

Wonder who the guy at the end is?

Sequel it is...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1168437p1.html

Resident Evil 5 Title & Location Buzz

Milla Jovovich spills, or rather tweets, the beans.

Series star Milla Jovovich appears to have revealed the possible title of and one of the locations for Resident Evil 5.

Latino Review points out that Jovovich tweeted twice over the weekend about how excited she was that RE5 would film scenes in Tokyo.

Jovovich also tweeted that rumors (actually, an April Fool's Day prank) that the next movie would be a prequel called Resident Evil: Begins were untrue: "no, its not called"begins"lol! it"began" 10 yrs ago! lol! i think its called RE: Retribution, but i have to ask paul 2 b sure." (By Paul she means her husband, RE producer-director Paul W.S. Anderson.)

The actress, who stars as Alice in the RE series, is currently filming Anderson's 3D retelling of The Three Musketeers.

Resident Evil 5 is slated for release September 14, 2012.

This movie was kinda fun but

a total rip-off. They played a scene (or two? Don't remember) from the previous movie, and Wesker was in it for like 5 minutes. It's also the laziest movie ever, about 99.999999% of it was CGI. Leon was AWFUL in a funny-ish way...the previous movie was bad but I really enjoyed it and thought the 3D had been done well, but this time the terribleness outweighs the entertainment/fun. I feel like there weren't many zombies, either - the main part seemed to be the Alice vs. Jill fight...and the opening was like a Dawn of the Dead rip-off.

:(

Fucking dreadful movie looool :p Was so distracted looking at the stairs and stuff, was closing my eyes for minutes at a time to see if I could guess what was happening from the noises, anything could entertain me but the movie itself tbh. So lazy and so many stupid illogical things I'm not going to bother recounting them.

Aww, we're meant to be Resident Evil film buddies, and you went without me. I thought we had a tradition.

I'm amazed that these are still going. How are these films still getting made? Who approves this crap? Can't believe that there are people actually getting paid to create horseshit like this.

The films don't even work on a "I like it cos it's trashy" level.

Normally I don't advocate reboots or remakes, but this series deserves one. But, not for a while. Give it at least a decade.

Aww, we're meant to be Resident Evil film buddies, and you went without me. I thought we had a tradition.

We spared you. Be thankful.

I'm amazed that these are still going. How are these films still getting made? Who approves this crap? Can't believe that there are people actually getting paid to create horseshit like this.

The films don't even work on a "I like it cos it's trashy" level.

Normally I don't advocate reboots or remakes, but this series deserves one. But, not for a while. Give it at least a decade.

These films are HUGELY successful, insanely so! That's how and why they keep getting made because somehow they make incredible ammounts of money.

And considering they must be made on a relatively small budget in Hollywood terms...

Resident Evil’s first three films grossed more than $100 million a piece, while 2010’s Resident Evil: Afterlife has already earned more than $230 million internationally.

Edited by Retro_Link

We spared you. Be thankful.

yes! It really was a case of the bad outweighing the good. The first half hour or so was really cringe for me but afterwards I tried to indulge in how awful it knew it was. It kinda worked. Having Leon & Ada Wong (the only 2 characters I know) helped. Blarrrrgh.. I just can't think of how to summarise this film!

I'm sure the crazy slushy & sweets helped keep our sugar / attentive levels up! :bouncy:

First we find out that Diego has to pretend to be drunk for his friends to want to hang out with him, and now we find out that even then they avoid him whenever possible!

"I can't believe you went to the mall without me!" "We spared you from wasting money. Be thankful."

"I can't believe you went to an amusement park without me!" "We spared you from getting motion sickness. Be thankful."

Why would anyone choose to see this over Looper?

Why would anyone choose to see this, period? :p

Why would anyone choose to see this over Looper?

Why would anyone choose to see this over Dredd?

First we find out that Diego has to pretend to be drunk for his friends to want to hang out with him, and now we find out that even then they avoid him whenever possible!

"I can't believe you went to the mall without me!" "We spared you from wasting money. Be thankful."

"I can't believe you went to an amusement park without me!" "We spared you from getting motion sickness. Be thankful."

Why would anyone choose to see this, period? :p

Didn't invite you either asshole :heh: But yeah kinda forgot @Diageo, was trying to remember who from my class went last time when I was inviting... Also it sucked so be thankful :p

Quick, you should be in the gym! Not becoming fat like us in movie theatres!