NEurope
Guy

Tapedeck

Here's a place we can sticky and keep track which thread has been renamed what today.

I think this would be useful for people like me who keep coming on here and have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Why not make the confusion part of the joke? Just accept your lack of knowledge and post what you feel is best, where you feel is best.

Let's just revel in it for once. :)

I actually really like that idea. I may just do that from now on.

I like the initiative too close the giga-threads as not to scare away newcomers.

Then changing thread titles to something wacky and nonsensical compliments this a lot!

For the pos/neg threads just hovver over the title and it will come up with the first post, thus showing which it is.

I do love how the whole point of getting rid of the massive threads was so that newcomers wouldn't feel intimidated. Now we have threads named after members, so a newcomer would have no idea what was going on and would completely miss the joke.

In jokes are no way to entice in new members.

Man Up and Power Through, you scumnag.

Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Tapedeck.

Penguins.

What next, all threads in Gen Chit-Chat called "Tapedeck".

Note - Please don't!!

Man Up and Power Through, you scumnag.

Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Tapedeck

Tapedeck.

Penguins.

I R ARTICHOKE!

I think this would probably be hilarious if I LIVED on the forums or talked to staff members on msn.. but otherwise what I'm getting from this is

"oh hardyharhar! Some threads are called the same as other threads. what EVER will I post? OH NOO I posted the WRONG thing in the WRONG thread! Boy is MY face red"

OH well enjoy the fun. I think i'll stick to the gaming boards... where things make sense :D

I do love how the whole point of getting rid of the massive threads was so that newcomers wouldn't feel intimidated. Now we have threads named after members, so a newcomer would have no idea what was going on and would completely miss the joke.

In jokes are no way to entice in new members.

They may just assume we really love tape decks.

I can't be bothered coming on here when I have to work out what the latest in joke craic is....:nono:

Yeah, to be honest I think it's only funny to those few people who can go into the mods/vets boards. Not to anyone else. Meh.

There is no secret admin joke. There are lots of threads (in general) called Tapedeck...

There is no secret admin joke. There are lots of threads (in general) called Tapedeck...

It's more about the name-changing in general though, not the Tapedeck threads.

Say what you want, Tapedeck is now getting the recognition he fully deserves.

Long live, TeeDee.